Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013   #241
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Willie was a two sport star out of Beaumont Ozen . I watched him play my son's senior year in a scrimmage .
Representing the Golden Triangle, Whut-Whuuuut!!! :wannabeegangsigns:
Old 07-29-2013   #242
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Everything I've read on Maya says he's a great blitzer, brings the hammer but doesn't wrap up. Looks for the kill shot too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #243
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is the sort of move that I was hoping would happen right after the draft when we knew we weren't going to be getting some young stud to fit in there beside Cush. I expected us to sign SOMEONE besides Dobbins to provide some competition for that spot prior to training camp and I was just afraid we were going to end up with Bradie James and Barrett Ruud again.
Not sure that there were any ideal guys out there. Interesting that Mays became available when he did. The Broncos did him a favor.

PFF has some interesting numbers on him. Last year, had numbers about the same as Bradie James but far fewer games to look at because of his season ending injury--so could be a little skewed. (Tied for 30th ILB).

His 2011 PFF numbers were better. For a whole season, he had a positive score, 17th overall.

Young player.
Old 07-29-2013   #244
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 73923 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gary Kubiak to me on Arian Foster's return from a strained calf/PUP: "I'm hoping midweek something like that that he is back on the field."
@JosinaAnderson

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #245
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think he's a significant upgrade over Dobbins and Sharpton.

And in obvious passing situations, he'll come off the field and Swearinger or Manning will move up to that spot to provide coverage.
I read that Mays lost his starting gig after a bad game against the Pats, so ... feel free to fill in the blanks.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #246
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not keep sharpton. Roster spots are too valuable and he's too fragile.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #247
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I would not keep sharpton. Roster spots are too valuable and he's too fragile.
Do you have enough ILBs now to cut him?
Old 07-29-2013   #248
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He looks "thicker" than 6'5" 233lbs..... that's good. Definitely not as lanky as those numbers would indicate.
A while back, I think during OTA's, he said he was up to 240 lbs and his goal was 250 lbs. When are their "official" weights taken?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #249
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I read that Mays lost his starting gig after a bad game against the Pats, so ... feel free to fill in the blanks.
That was an awfully strange game. The Pats won that game 32 - 21. Brady had the highest pass completion percentage of any game last year........ 23 of 31 for ~75%..........with the lowest total yards for a game 223.

The Forehead, on the other hand, completed 31 or 44 for 70%........with total passing yards of 337.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #250
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd rather have someone else and give them a shot to stay healthy. Even if we have to carry one of the udfa guys. I just don't trust sharpton to stay healthy.
Old 07-29-2013   #251
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quotes: Texans Training Camp Day 4

Head Coach Gary Kubiak
WR DeAndre Hopkins
QB Matt Schaub
S D.J. Swearinger

Head Coach Gary Kubiak
OLB Willie Jefferson
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #252
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's got 74 career tackles over three years, I think we'll be okay. Sharpton barely even sees the field.
Old 07-29-2013   #253
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
He's got 74 career tackles over three years, I think we'll be okay. Sharpton barely even sees the field.
Pretty sure thats his point !
Old 07-29-2013   #254
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Pretty sure thats his point !
Appreciate the back-up, but I honestly didn't have a point. I wanted to see what Rey thought about the situation.

If he said yes (which he did) I'd take that as he being so frustrated with Sharpton, he's willing to cut bait & move on with very little "proven" talent behind him.

If he said no, I'd take that to mean he sees something in Sharpton worth waiting for.

Personally I'd hate to see the shtstorm his uncle is going to bring down on Rick Smith if we cut him.
Old 07-29-2013   #255
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally I'd hate to see the shtstorm his uncle is going to bring down on Rick Smith if we cut him.
Rey's opinion aside, seems like time to cut bait to me. I like the guy and his playmaking ability, when he has it. IT'S just not too often.

He's GLASSMAN.

Not too much room for those cats in the NFL.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #256
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Appreciate the back-up, but I honestly didn't have a point. I wanted to see what Rey thought about the situation.

If he said yes (which he did) I'd take that as he being so frustrated with Sharpton, he's willing to cut bait & move on with very little "proven" talent behind him.

If he said no, I'd take that to mean he sees something in Sharpton worth waiting for.

I think he has some talent, but you are right...I'm frustrated with him...

With mays dobbins and reed able to play inside plus an udfa or two, maybe a late vet pick up somewhere...

Roster spots are just too valuable.
Old 07-30-2013   #257
jdjd
Rookie

Quality depth is too valuable. We have to keep them all to avoid another Barrutt Ruud situation. When you're playing for a ring you have to keep your experienced vets.
jdjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #258
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
More clarification from Twitter on Sam Montgomery ankle report.

At camp, you don't get all the audio/transcripts because interviews being held all over the place all at the same time.

Sam told someone directly at SR610 that "...just got a mild high ankle sprain, not really that serious..."

So either 1. Yes, he has a high ankle sprain 2. He may be mistaken about it being a high ankle sprain. /Dr Sam.

It being a high ankle sprain would not be incompatible with Kubiak saying ankle sprain.
So, does Montgomery have a high ankle strain or not? Because if he does have a high ankle sprain it's a serious thing and he will probably miss the rest of the preseason at best. and the 1st month of the season at worst. If Montgomery has a high ankle sprain he's a candidate for the PUP at best.

And the IR at worst if he cant practice at all during the preseason. After all he would be a rookiewith no practice time. Do you think Wade would trust a rookie OLB like Montgomery during the middle of the regular season, when another rookie like Jefferson will have gotten all of the practice reps?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #259
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So, does Montgomery have a high ankle strain or not? Because if he does have a high ankle sprain it's a serious thing and he will probably miss the rest of the preseason at best. and the 1st month of the season at worst. If Montgomery has a high ankle sprain he's a candidate for the PUP at best.

And the IR at worst if he cant practice at all during the preseason. After all he would be a rookiewith no practice time. Do you think Wade would trust a rookie OLB like Montgomery during the middle of the regular season, when another rookie like Jefferson will have gotten all of the practice reps?
Thought someone said he was ineligible for PUP since he did briefly practice? Might be redshirt errr IR material.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-30-2013   #260
PapaL
Loose Screw

Any word on how Randy Bullock and/or Shane Lechler are looking? Still wondering who will be handling KO duties.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read