Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2013   #101
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
And the battle is no longer being fought on one front vs one enemy. Sun Tzu was a mastermind in that case. Alas the battle front has changed.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”
― Mike Tyson

Are you going to keep getting punched in the face or are you going to stop it?
LOL, you just proved yourself massively ignorant and TKO'd yourself. Have a good day.
Old 07-29-2013   #102
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
LOL, you just proved yourself massively ignorant and TKO'd yourself. Have a good day.
Yeah that's right. The Taliban is just lining up their army, waiting to fight us on on a ground no one can beat us at. Yeah, I'm the ignorant one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #103
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying its perfect. Don't get me wrong. But something is better than nothing.

Hell remember flying 9/11? How bad was that crap? It's better now but it'll never be like it was. A couple months ago no one would've thought a backpack and a pressure cooker could cause that much damage.

The same people bitching about it now will be the same people crying and wondering why nothing was done when there is an incident.

My main point is that everyone has been told WELL in advance. Some folks act like just because they buy a ticket they're entitled to something more than a seat. If "you" don't like it, don't go. We all know damn well that seat will be resold in minutes.
I personally don't have an issue with them trying to protect people's security.

I do have an issue with them creating a 'security policy' that is in my opinion, an incredibly transparent cash grab.

If they were interested in security of the fans, they'd be implementing high tech x-ray machines like those seen at airports for your bags - not charging $10 for a bag which is going to be landfill fodder before the end of the season.

The NFL has created a security policy here that maximizes their profit margin, not one that keeps the fans safest.
Old 07-29-2013   #104
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah that's right. The Taliban is just lining up their army, waiting to fight us on on a ground no one can beat us at. Yeah, I'm the ignorant one.
Went straight over your head again. No your ignorance is in asserting Sun Tzu is about set piece battles. Good day.
Old 07-29-2013   #105
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

With all of these terrorists and coward killers shooting places up and looking to hurt innocent people by the dozens, well I"m okay with this measure. Sure it sucks, and I don't like it, but it is something I am willing to live with considering what I could potentially be faced with by some nut job.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #106
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
With all of these terrorists and coward killers shooting places up and looking to hurt innocent people by the dozens, well I"m okay with this measure. Sure it sucks, and I don't like it, but it is something I am willing to live with considering what I could potentially be faced with by some nut job.
Really? What about the mass of people at the gates getting in? Any nut job could go nuts there. Or the parking lots, or movie theater or crowded restaurant or Wal-Mart or the art car parade or the zoo and on and on and on.

Might as well lock ourselves up in our houses and never leave the way some are reacting here.

And again, if the measures the Texans were taking were indeed about safety, then maybe it wouldn't be all that bad. But as I pointed out earlier, the measures they've put in place up to this point have been a joke. And it still leaves the masses of people gathered at the gates and parking lots "unprotected". What about then? Any nut job could go nuts there as well.

You are not going to stop nut jobs from going nuts. It hasn't happened at a pro sporting event yet but in the world we live in it probably will someday. It never happened at a marathon before until it did. Never happened at a movie theater until it did. No one ever drove a plane into a skyscraper until they did....it's a ****ed up world with ****ed up people. And a tiny clear bag isn't going to stop those ****ed up people from doing ****ed up things.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If the NFL really cared about fan safety, they would surround each stadium with 3-4 of these:

Because it has happened before that someone crashed a small plane into a building:

(IRS building, Austin, Tx, February 2010)

It would not take much. Just go to a local airport and learn how to take off.

Since the logic is that NFL security policy needs to change because of the Boston Marathon bombing, then the NFL needs to show that they are prepared for ALL potential terrorist attacks a by protecting stadiums full of thousands of fans.

Oh snap, just realized how expensive the above measures would be for the NFL and it's franchises, so nix that idea. Protecting fans is all and good as long as it doesn't cost too much.

Old 07-30-2013   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Since the logic is that NFL security policy needs to change because of the Boston Marathon bombing, then the NFL needs to show that they are prepared for ALL potential terrorist attacks a by protecting stadiums full of thousands of fans.

Oh snap, just realized how expensive the above measures would be for the NFL and it's franchises, so nix that idea. Protecting fans is all and good as long as it doesn't cost too much.
There are all sorts of free measures they can use to protect us. For instance once you leave the parking lots (because your safety is apparently not important there) you must remove your shoes and underwear.

Hey it's cool. After all you have been told in advance and that makes everything OK.

PS - what is up with the bizarro world of the parking lots. They let you in specifically for the purpose of getting too drunk to drive and then have police help guide your drunk butt out - please throw away that 20th beer now the public roads are right over here. There is zero security. You could drive a truck full of semtex and ball bearings in without a 2nd glance and now women can't carry anything close to an ordinary sized handbag into the stadium.
Old 07-30-2013   #109
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

C-4 plastic explosive can be easily molded in creative unrecognizable forms and or hidden in many ways. If a group of group of persons got together, with each bringing smaller pieces of the substance along with separate components of a detonator, the components could be assembled once inside the stadium. Massive damage, morbidities and casualties could affected at any stadium. This new policy would not preclude the possibility of such a potentially devastating event.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #110
AggieTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 AggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Update from Training Camp on 7/30

*The Texans were handing out Ziplock bags as people came into the parking lot this morning. Inside each was a flyer explaining the policy, but nothing was said by the parking lot attendants.

*Many people didn't know what the bag was for and didn't look at what was inside.

*There were lots of people in line carrying big bags. They weren't turned back until they got to the front of the line.

*Full bag check and wanding to get into training camp.

*No clear bags yet at the Go Texans Store. The people in there weren't aware that the Texans are going to distribute bags to season ticket holders.
AggieTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #111
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

I found a website that has clear bags that are nfl stadium requirements.......www.clear-handbags.com 13 different types of bags that will pass the requirements......just thought I would pass that along.....

Texans will not have a handbag for sale until Sep sometime.....at their texan store.....
Nfl.com has other teams for sale ...but no texans bag.....wtf?
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #112
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying its perfect. Don't get me wrong. But something is better than nothing.
We ALREADY had "better than nothing". We didn't always have the cursory pat-downs, but bags were...wait for it...already opened up and looked in.

What's the "new" policy? They still look in bags, except when they don't.

Here's a "real life" example for you:

I went to TC on Monday before work.

Knowing in advance that they were going to make a token attempt to enforce the new bag policy, I took a one-gallon Ziploc with a jersey and other items in it.

As the jersey fits only with careful folding, it essentially made the "clear walls" of the bag pointless. All you could see was jersey.

Did they "search" this bag?

Nope. They passed a wand over it and sent me on my way.

That's actually LESS safe than searching my old, larger opaque bag.
Old 07-31-2013   #113
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor women. They went after your uterus, and now your purses! Damn tha man!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #114
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
F.B.I. Said to Find It Could Not Have Averted Boston Attack

The F.B.I. has concluded that there was little its agents could have done to prevent the Boston Marathon bombings, according to law enforcement officials, rejecting criticism that it could have better monitored one of the suspects before the attack.

Full article
So the NFL knee-jerks to a terrorist attack that the nation's greatest law enforcement agency admits it could not have prevented.

hmmmm.... apartment gates!
Old 08-08-2013   #115
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One of the biggest issues is for those fans that have babies and want to bring in a diaper bag for game day.

“We’re actually sending to all season-ticket holders one of these bags, the 12-by-12-by-six bag, so hopefully they can use that for their diaper bags on game day,” he said. “It’s a decent sized bag. You can fit quite a bit in it.”

He said that there will be a limit of one bag per person who enters the stadium. If you are part of a party of four, you can bring in four bags.
link

Diaper bags typically are much larger. And then what do you do with the rest of your "stuff" if you've used up all of your room with baby supplies???
Old 08-09-2013   #116
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The message is clear - NFL stadiums are no place for women. Or babies. Or people with medical supplies. Or anyone with self respect and values they stand for.

This year's opener will probably be the last game I attend. As long as y'all keep going, I can watch it on TV though, so disregard any salient points that were made in this thread.
Old 08-09-2013   #117
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6009 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
link

Diaper bags typically are much larger. And then what do you do with the rest of your "stuff" if you've used up all of your room with baby supplies???
Well... the baby is a person ... does it get a bag?
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #118
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Well... the baby is a person ... does it get a bag?
That's a good question. So I contacted the Texans........they related to me that the baby is counted as a person when allotting bag count............................................. ..........................................and (after I asked) that size of the the baby's hand will not act as the criteria for the size of a clutch purse the baby can carry in.
Old 08-09-2013   #119
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I received a clear NFL bag in the mail today...no charge from the Texans.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #120
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had decided to stay out of this discussion, BUT, it's football season and I AM a woman, so here's my opinion, for what it's worth!

I understand the ban, and support it completely! Here's why. We're talking about approx FOUR hours out of a game day that a person will be without all the STUFF they think they can't live without. That's not a very long time, and where there's a will there's a way. I can shove everything I need into my pockets, or into a clear bag. IF a baby needs more than a couple diapers, or one bottle of milk during that four hours then maybe that baby needs to be under a Doc's care or home with a babysitter, not at a football game!! Pads and tampons are EASY to hide, and again, if you need to use more that 2 during a four hr time frame then you might want to consider seeing a GYN! For old timers like me, I will take my meds BEFORE I go to the game or put them in one of those cute little containers they have for medications these days. You don't have to take the entire, huge bottle of pills to a game!! I just think fans are making more out of this than they need to.. All ya gotta do is plan for the time you're inside the stadium, not the entire time you are on the premises. Safety should always come first! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read