Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2013   #81
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
The safety of masses takes precedence.
If this the the priority, why stop with just bag requirements?

Why not full body scanners? Why not strip searches? Perhaps federal background checks on every individual attending a game?

You might say I'm going overboard. To which I would reply, the safety of masses takes precedence.

Some paying customers might not feel "saaaaaafe" until full body scanners, strip searches, armed DHS agents, background checks, and drones are flying over the stadium. Heck, let's add bomb sniffing dogs to the routine for every vehicle entering stadium grounds. Do you even realize how easy it would be to rig your car with explosives to murder a bunch of innocent tailgaters?!?

Holy cow, we could be attacked at every turn!!!

Remind me again of the incident in which an NFL game was attacked by terrorists? I seem to be missing that news story from my memory banks.
Old 07-29-2013   #82
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally , I respect the opinions from both sides, but I don't have an issue simply because I prefer to travel light. Back when the Texans were really bad, I took a bag of paperwork to finish, but since then I haven't much need for extra stuff. Cowboys will take some adjustments because I took extra stuff to be prepared for autograph opportunities.

I learned a lot about the hassle free life during my previous employment after seeing managers traveling on international trips with a one carryon bag and using hotel cleaning services. Still not totally convinced I checked a bag for a two day trip to West Virginia and upon arriving to Columbus no bag. I found out there was a mixup and
my bag went to N Y and that persons bag was on Columbus. I ended up having to purchase clothing and necessities at Wheelings Walmart. My luggage arrived the morning I was leaving. That experience led me to rethink my travel preferences.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #83
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I hope I didn't just find out what the annual gift thats being included this year. If do it could explain the late arrival of the tickets.
The clear bag is not the annual gift. I was told that the Texans would be sending out those bag to season ticket holders, but it did not come with my tickets.

It is a bag with a zipper and handles. Very orthopedic.

I suggest decorating it so it doesn't get confused with other people's bags.
Old 07-29-2013   #84
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
Just to put size in perspective, here's a picture of my fairly small hand on top of an "illegal" purse. This handbag meets the height requirement, but it's about 1" too long. I hardly consider this a giant ass bag. It wouldn't fit a full sized pad, let alone a pallet of them!

You couldn't fit a single pad in that purse?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #85
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You couldn't fit a single pad in that purse?
You a pad expert now? She said she couldn't.
Old 07-29-2013   #86
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
LOL, or a flow expert?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #87
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If this the the priority, why stop with just bag requirements?

Why not full body scanners? Why not strip searches? Perhaps federal background checks on every individual attending a game?

You might say I'm going overboard. To which I would reply, the safety of masses takes precedence.

Some paying customers might not feel "saaaaaafe" until full body scanners, strip searches, armed DHS agents, background checks, and drones are flying over the stadium. Heck, let's add bomb sniffing dogs to the routine for every vehicle entering stadium grounds. Do you even realize how easy it would be to rig your car with explosives to murder a bunch of innocent tailgaters?!?

Holy cow, we could be attacked at every turn!!!

Remind me again of the incident in which an NFL game was attacked by terrorists? I seem to be missing that news story from my memory banks.

All it takes is ONE incident. You tell me which you prefer; an inconvenience that you can plan for and were notified MONTHS in advance or a bunch of blown up people?

You act like these things don't happen every day all over the world. May not happen here but Boston proves that it can and it more than likely will.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #88
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You act like these things don't happen every day all over the world. May not happen here but Boston proves that it can and it more than likely will.
List the terrorist attacks at major sporting events in the last year. I am being generous and not restricting to stadium events which would be analogous.
Old 07-29-2013   #89
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All it takes is ONE incident. You tell me which you prefer; an inconvenience that you can plan for and were notified MONTHS in advance or a bunch of blown up people?

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
It's all good, Papa. Not trying to start an argument with you. Mainly just taking the perspective to it's extreme slippery slope.

The problem with trying to implement an effective security policy for a 70,000 people event is that there are going to be limits to what authorities can do.

Give me a security program for 70,000 people, and I am sure there is a way to be found to exploit the program to attack. Short of extreme security measures that I mentioned above, there is no 100% effective way to secure every single event.

At some point, we just have to realize as citizens that every time we leave our houses to go to any event, there is a certain amount of 'risk' involved as it pertains to being exposed to potential threats.

I think this policy is knee jerk reaction stuff. It is designed to make folks feel better, sort of like the very lame patdowns at the games now. Very much reminds me of security gates at most apartment complexes. They do not really stop anyone with ill will, but they make folks feel better, and that is what the NFL is doing here, IMO.
Old 07-29-2013   #90
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
LOL, or a flow expert?
You think they'll have vendors coming down the aisle selling Texan tampons or liberty white maxis ?
Old 07-29-2013   #91
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not saying its perfect. Don't get me wrong. But something is better than nothing.

Hell remember flying 9/11? How bad was that crap? It's better now but it'll never be like it was. A couple months ago no one would've thought a backpack and a pressure cooker could cause that much damage.

The same people bitching about it now will be the same people crying and wondering why nothing was done when there is an incident.

My main point is that everyone has been told WELL in advance. Some folks act like just because they buy a ticket they're entitled to something more than a seat. If "you" don't like it, don't go. We all know damn well that seat will be resold in minutes.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-29-2013   #92
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
List the terrorist attacks at major sporting events in the last year. I am being generous and not restricting to stadium events which would be analogous.
Tell me cak, what's your magic number? To me, one is too many.

I'm sure the 260+ victims of Boston would have loved to have had this bobo security measure in place.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013   #93
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Tell me cak, what's your magic number? To me, one is too many.

I'm sure the 260+ victims of Boston would have loved to have had this bobo security measure in place.
Gee I don't know Papa. What's your limit for security? - a finger up the sphincter, someone exploring your wife and daughter's genitals and breasts, etc. Your rationale places no limit and Boston was an open environment not subject to ANY search so as I said not analogous. You could go to any building in Maryland and set off a more serious device easily.

Like DB I am not trying to fight with you overall but there has to be a discussion and a limit. Safety first is not the end of the discussion especially when the steps being implemented may do nothing for safety.
Old 07-29-2013   #94
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
But something is better than nothing.
That's the root of our problem in this country since 9/11 in a nutshell.
Old 07-29-2013   #95
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Gee I don't know Papa. What's your limit for security? - a finger up the sphincter, someone exploring your wife and daughter's genitals and breasts, etc. Your rationale places no limit and Boston was an open environment not subject to ANY search so as I said not analogous. You could go to any building in Maryland and set off a more serious device easily.

Like DB I am not trying to fight with you overall but there has to be a discussion and a limit. Safety first is not the end of the discussion especially when the steps being implemented may do nothing for safety.
Well I'm sure once one person blows up a whole bunch of people with their sphincter, breasts, and/or genitals we will revisit this conversation. In the mean time comparing the size of bag to those examples is extreme. Especially when you knew in advance and have options.

How much do you want to bet Boston marathon will never be open again...just like airport security.

There's a difference between a high value target and "any building". Last I checked there aren't 70,000 people at Home Depot.

When the last "incident" was backpack bomb you think omitting said bags from high value targets is worthless? Just like when you play a team that's soft against the run up the middle; keep doing it until they stop you.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013   #96
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a difference between a high value target and "any building". Last I checked there aren't 70,000 people at Home Depot.
So it's OK if just 20 people are shot at Home Depot.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #97
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link

OK this ranks up there on the WTFometer. Seriously, women can't bring their ordinary purses? There hasn't been a single incident at an NFL stadium making this even paranoid reasonable.
Atleast this way u will know if its a womans time of the month and you can be sure to stay out of her way....Always gotta find the positive
Old 07-29-2013   #98
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Just like when you play a team that's soft against the run up the middle; keep doing it until they stop you.
No like Sun Tzu you learn not to chase what the other guy is doing. This ain't football.
Old 07-29-2013   #99
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Expert? Far from it but pads are not that big and there would be no logical reason it would not fit in a bag the size of a human hand, even a small one.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #100
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
No like Sun Tzu you learn not to chase what the other guy is doing. This ain't football.
And the battle is no longer being fought on one front vs one enemy. Sun Tzu was a mastermind in that case. Alas the battle front has changed.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”
― Mike Tyson

Are you going to keep getting punched in the face or are you going to stop it?

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read