Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2013   #61
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I'm cool with the policy and can keep the money, debit card and phone in my jeans pocket. Anything else, where's there is a will there is a way.
Wow. I'm not cool with the policy. I'm really sympathetic for the women including my wife who will have to show the world when they are going through their menstrual cycle or even if they are sick. Speaking of sick... how about those who have medical concerns? Children?

I'm not saying that I haven't been worried about terrorism. I have. I sure hope it never happens but it's an inevitable. That being said... I don't care. Football is our down time and it's just been militarized. Think about it... we're going from the LAMEST friskdowns that I have ever had to... being stripped of dignity.

This is just an amazingly erosive move by the Texans.
Old 07-26-2013   #62
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Wow. I'm not cool with the policy. I'm really sympathetic for the women including my wife who will have to show the world when they are going through their menstrual cycle or even if they are sick. Speaking of sick... how about those who have medical concerns? Children?

I'm not saying that I haven't been worried about terrorism. I have. I sure hope it never happens but it's an inevitable. That being said... I don't care. Football is our down time and it's just been militarized. Think about it... we're going from the LAMEST friskdowns that I have ever had to... being stripped of dignity.

It isn't the Texans it's NFL. I understand you having different opinion and respect such. Personally I prefer to travel light which reduces hassle. Now if I want booze in my coke or lemonade, there will be. Have you ever been through a search at some concerts yet once the lights are down you pray/hope there's no random drug test the next day at work .
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #63
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know what kind of women you're use to traveling or enjoying activities with but all of the ones I hang out with have never brought along a Costco pallet of feminine napkins or products.

If you're so sick that you need a chest of medical supplies you probably shouldn't be around thousands of people. Keep in mind I said sick and not disabled; huge difference and one must be accommodated.

At the end of the day we all have options. You can always sit at home with your pallet of pads and your chest of OTC meds and enjoy the game or don't. It's a free country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #64
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I don't know what kind of women you're use to traveling or enjoying activities with but all of the ones I hang out with have never brought along a Costco pallet of feminine napkins or products.
One of the most useless things ever posted and you post a lot of useless stuff as is.

Quote:
If you're so sick that you need a chest of medical supplies you probably shouldn't be around thousands of people. Keep in mind I said sick and not disabled; huge difference and one must be accommodated.
I'll be sure to pass along your message to cancer patients, AIDS patients, and other common non-contagious illnesses. Shoot... I'll even give it to the folks who merely carry around Tylenol for their headaches and those who come prepared with Preparation H. It is WAY beside the point. Whatever issue one may have... does not mean that they shouldn't be able to enjoy a football game.

Quote:
At the end of the day we all have options. You can always sit at home with your pallet of pads and your chest of OTC meds and enjoy the game or don't. It's a free country.
Keep telling yourself that, sheeple.
Old 07-26-2013   #65
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
And the pointless part is the real troublemakers and terrorists will always find a way. Has the NFL never heard of the shoe bomber?
Great, now we're going to need clear, see-through shoes.

I agree that attending a game is becoming more and more of a hassle each season. First came the pat downs. Annoying at first but the fact that the pat downs were nothing more than let me run my hands parallel to your body without actually touching it was the biggest waste of time ever. These things did nothing but cause massive backups in line.

Then came the magic wand. Now you've got to take everything out of your pockets, get the wand waved at you, then jam everything back into your pockets and hope you don't drop something (which I've seen dozens of times). Well, guess what? I never take anything out of my pockets (car keys, radio, extra batteries for radio, cellphone, etc.) all in my pockets, they wave the wand - nothing. I walk right in no questions asked.

And now the no purse rule comes along. Though that doesn't effect me, I sympathized with females.

I've have never felt unsafe at a sporting event ever. I'm sure people said that about marathons before too, but this is just getting ridiculous. As someone metioned, it feels like you're entering a damn militarized zone now to attend a game. Sometimes I feel like I'm being treated like a damn criminal.

I'm not at the point of giving up my season tickets yet, but I can definitely see that day coming. They'll either price me out or hassle me out or both. Especially when I think of 12 years of season tickets now, I could have had a wall of HD 60 inchers.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #66
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
It isn't the Texans it's NFL. I understand you having different opinion and respect such. Personally I prefer to travel light which reduces hassle. Now if I want booze in my coke or lemonade, there will be. Have you ever been through a search at some concerts yet once the lights are down you pray/hope there's no random drug test the next day at work .
Absolutely understood, it's the NFL. I'm not referring to personal choice though. You should be able to go to the game in the fashion that you prefer. I don't carry stuff around myself. I'm the guy who hits the souvenir stands AFTER the game, I walk around malls to look before heading to the stores to make the purchases instead of carrying the stuff to every store, etc... but I can't see them trying to stop me from carrying in my baby's bottle to use a different example. The fact is... this isn't really good overall.

I don't go to concerts. It isn't really my kind of thing.

Old 07-26-2013   #67
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One of the most useless things ever posted and you post a lot of useless stuff as is.

I'll be sure to pass along your message to cancer patients, AIDS patients, and other common non-contagious illnesses. Shoot... I'll even give it to the folks who merely carry around Tylenol for their headaches and those who come prepared with Preparation H. It is WAY beside the point. Whatever issue one may have... does not mean that they shouldn't be able to enjoy a football game.

Keep telling yourself that, sheeple.
Obviously you're use to people caving in and giving you your way. Keep crying. It won't help any. The safety of masses takes precedence. Don't like, don't go. Enjoy it home.

I'm sure that Tylenol and Preparation H will fit just fine in your fanny pack. Leave your duffel bag at home.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-26-2013   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Inadvertently ignoring the specific needs of females at the games is just down right moronic, as it goes against all the time and efforts that the NFL has used to reel in and grow that segment of fandom..........utterly moronic.

From a Nov 2012 Forbes article:

Quote:
The NFL is aware of a key component driving its business: Female fans. In recent years, the league has seen women grow to become over 44 percent of its fan base, with 60 percent of females over the age of 12 identifying themselves as NFL fans. Last season, 80 million women watched NFL games and roughly 310,000 women attended NFL games each weekend. Recognizing women’s interest in the NFL, the league has sought to find new ways to cultivate female fans’ passion for the game. One of the most significant things that the NFL has done recently to accomplish this, is overhauling its women’s apparel strategy.

In the last few years, the NFL has moved away from a “pink-it-and-shrink” it approach to women’s apparel to develop a women’s apparel line featuring items including Victoria’s Secret loungewear, Nike activewear and couture Marchesa tops. The items are largely made in team’s colors and made to fit women’s bodies. Along with clothing, the collection also includes watches, boots and accessories. In the evolution of its women’s apparel strategy, the NFL has sought to help women define themselves as fans while also providing them apparel options suiting their personalities better than pink, undersized men’s shirts.

In shifting gears in its women’s apparel approach, the NFL relied heavily upon its own research. “We looked at how the business was trending over the 7 to 8 years we had been in the business. We saw that with every move we made, the business would move. We knew there was a market for this,” said Rhiannon Madden, the NFL’s Director of Apparel. Along with Madden, the NFL’s research into the women’s apparel market was heavily driven by female NFL employees. Leading the helm of the NFL’s women’s apparel revolution were four women with a variety of backgrounds in fashion and business: Madden, NFL Vice President of Apparel Tracey Bleczinski, NFL Vice President of Retail Strategy Natara Holloway, and NFL Director of Consumer Products Johanna Paretzky. “Our department has quite a few women in it, who knew we would buy certain things as we were working on them. Luckily, we had a boss who believed in us and knew that he could put his trust in us,” said Madden.

The NFL’s research and subsequent approach have proven to be successful. Last year, the NFL brought in $3.2 billion from sales of its consumer products. While the league does not specify what percentage women’s apparel sales contributed to that amount, one can assume it was a significant portion given the efforts the NFL has taken to revamp its women’s apparel strategy. According to Bleczinski, the NFL has “. . . had women’s products for over a decade. As the business grew and we became more sophisticated with it and talked to our female fans and did research, we found that female fans don’t just want to wear pink. They want team colors and designs that fit them. As we started cater to our female fans from a licensing perspective, the business started taking off.”
THE REST OF THE STORY
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #69
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obviously you're use to people caving in and giving you your way. Keep crying. It won't help any. The safety of masses takes precedence. Don't like, don't go. Enjoy it home.

I'm sure that Tylenol and Preparation H will fit just fine in your fanny pack. Leave your duffel bag at home.
Yeah, right. You can show that searching a CLEAR bag is somehow safer than searching the opaque one? Are fans statistically safer in Green Bay? If not, why do only they get to carry in seat cushions?

This is far worse "Security Theater" than the TSA and that's saying a lot.
Old 07-26-2013   #70
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Yeah, right. You can show that searching a CLEAR bag is somehow safer than searching the opaque one? Are fans statistically safer in Green Bay? If not, why do only they get to carry in seat cushions?

This is far worse "Security Theater" than the TSA and that's saying a lot.
What are you talking about?!? I made no mention of clear or opaque anything. I was talking about giant ass bags vs whatever random size the NFL decided was safest for their venues.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013   #71
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was talking about giant ass bags vs whatever random size the NFL decided was safest for their venues.
Well then you need to be more clear and learn to frame a debate more accurately because what is involved here is a prohibition on anything over the size of a clutch purse unless it is clear. A clutch purse is one of those glorified billfolds women carry with them with evening gowns.

Oh and fanny packs haven't been in fashion since you were being potty trained.
Old 07-27-2013   #72
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well then you need to be more clear and learn to frame a debate more accurately because what is involved here is a prohibition on anything over the size of a clutch purse unless it is clear. A clutch purse is one of those glorified billfolds women carry with them with evening gowns.

Oh and fanny packs haven't been in fashion since you were being potty trained.
Or maybe you should go back and read what I actually wrote and not infer other things.

The fanny pack was an inferred shot at the person I was quoting. Nitro got sand in his vagina and took a shot at me. Notice no one mentioned you in either post either?

How's that for clearly framed?

Quote:
Old 07-27-2013   #73
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn! Since I cant bring my bag to the game, this means no more super-bowl halftime show...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #74
AggieTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 AggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
What are you talking about?!? I made no mention of clear or opaque anything. I was talking about giant ass bags vs whatever random size the NFL decided was safest for their venues.
Just to put size in perspective, here's a picture of my fairly small hand on top of an "illegal" purse. This handbag meets the height requirement, but it's about 1" too long. I hardly consider this a giant ass bag. It wouldn't fit a full sized pad, let alone a pallet of them!

AggieTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #75
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Or maybe you should go back and read what I actually wrote and not infer other things.

The fanny pack was an inferred shot at the person I was quoting. Nitro got sand in his vagina and took a shot at me. Notice no one mentioned you in either post either?

How's that for clearly framed?
I took a shot at you? Okayyyy. I'm going to scuttle over there on the other side. Football needs to get here quicker. It's just about the best medicine in our cabinets.

Just an FYI, a fanny pack is too big. It does not meet the new maximum size requirements. Hell... some WALLETS are too big. Get a clue instead of painting a broad brush and being a tasteless dude.
Old 07-27-2013   #76
AggieTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 AggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Update

I got a response from the Texans in reference to the letter I sent about the bag policy. Season Ticket holders will be receiving 1 bag per account from the Texans. This is a quote from the letter:

"We will be mailing each season ticket holder account a clear tote bag. This approach will enhance safety inside and outside the stadium and speed the security screen process for all fans."
AggieTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #77
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
I got a response from the Texans in reference to the letter I sent about the bag policy. Season Ticket holders will be receiving 1 bag per account from the Texans. This is a quote from the letter:

"We will be mailing each season ticket holder account a clear tote bag. This approach will enhance safety inside and outside the stadium and speed the security screen process for all fans."
I hope I didn't just find out what the annual gift thats being included this year. If do it could explain the late arrival of the tickets.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #78
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
I hope I didn't just find out what the annual gift thats being included this year. If do it could explain the late arrival of the tickets.
Don't worry. It's something else. Smile.
Old 07-27-2013   #79
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't worry. It's something else. Smile.
So Mike, you already got the scoop?

I bet it's a Texans logoed bumper mount BBQ pit for tailgaiting.

Am I right?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #80
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So Mike, you already got the scoop?

I bet it's a Texans logoed bumper mount BBQ pit for tailgaiting.

Am I right?

I have no comment. All I will say is that it was shown on the Texans website in the video where they delivered the season tickets to those really rich houses.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read