Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2013   #161
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Sam Montgomery DE/OLB

Reactivated off the PUP list. Didn't take long.

Quote:
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
Rookies OT Brennan Williams and OLB Sam Montgomery have been activated off of the PUP and non football injury lists respectively #texanstalk
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #162
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Reactivated off the PUP list. Didn't take long.
Quote:
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
Rookies OT Brennan Williams and OLB Sam Montgomery have been activated off of the PUP and non football injury lists respectively #texanstalk

So this means Brennan Williams is cleared for contact drills after his scope about 3 weeks ago?

Does this mean now that we'll see a full blown big boy cat fight for RT from the beginning by two guys that are recovering from surgery?

Does that time frame sound legit Doc? Cush fully recovered from his patella tendon surgery with no set backs but I don't recall the time frame.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #163
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So this means Brennan Williams is cleared for contact drills after his scope about 3 weeks ago?
According to quotes in the Training camp thread, looks like Brennan is going to kick somebody's a55 if they don't let him play tomorrow.

Also sounds as if Montgomery "appears" fit & this "out of shape" stuff was mental mind-tricks. All the comments from Jj & Antonio and all sounds as if the whole defense read his draft report & are on the same page
Old 07-26-2013   #164
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Montgomery said his issue was caused by poor eating .... Whataburger, Taco Bell, etc.

Williams comment I think was tongue in cheek.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #165
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Montgomery said his issue was caused by poor eating .... Whataburger, Taco Bell, etc.

Crap. I had no idea that food was bad for you. Well now that I know...
Old 07-26-2013   #166
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, he was put on the list, then taken off the list.... what did he do, starve himself & sweat off the water weight?

From the training camp thread
Quote:
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 15m

Quote:
He tweeked ankle a bit, held out for part of practice. Surprised he looks fitter than at OTAs -- Report on how Montgomery looks
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Sam Montgomery looked like he was in pretty good shape. Rolled his ankle a little bit but rejoined the team shortly after. #TexansTalk
I don't think there was a real "out of shape" issue? I mean if it could be corrected in one afternoon, how bad could it have been?
Old 07-26-2013   #167
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Quote:
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN

Does this mean now that we'll see a full blown big boy cat fight for RT from the beginning by two guys that are recovering from surgery?

Does that time frame sound legit Doc? Cush fully recovered from his patella tendon surgery with no set backs but I don't recall the time frame.
Sorry, drs..........I accidentally placed the answer to your post in the Montgomery thread. William's surgery was NOT only 3 weeks ago.

Here is you answer to the Williams question and the Cushing question (which I believe you asked in the context of Newton [it wasn't clear]):

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=100
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #168
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Again, he was put on the list, then taken off the list.... what did he do, starve himself & sweat off the water weight?

From the training camp thread

I don't think there was a real "out of shape" issue? I mean if it could be corrected in one afternoon, how bad could it have been?

Tape does wonders..........temporarily.........
Old 07-26-2013   #169
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sorry, drs..........I accidentally placed the answer to your post in the Montgomery thread. William's surgery was NOT only 3 weeks ago.

Here is you answer to the Williams question and the Cushing question (which I believe you asked in the context of Newton [it wasn't clear]):

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=100
I caught it over there Doc, thanks, and sorry for not being so clear as to my question.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #170
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tape does wonders..........temporarily.........
They should have used duct tape.
TejasTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #171
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

his body is his livelihood. hope this guy ends up being worth the pick, but dang so far.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #172
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

After the Texans have been waffling on Montgomery's ankle injury again being a minor sprain, when I saw him in a boot the next day, I stated that it was either a serious ankle sprain or most likely a high ankle sprain. Rich Lord on 610 this past few minutes stated that Kubiak has now for the first time confirmed that Montgomery is dealing with a high ankle sprain.
Old 08-02-2013   #173
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After the Texans have been waffling on Montgomery's ankle injury again being a minor sprain, when I saw him in a boot the next day, I stated that it was either a serious ankle sprain or most likely a high ankle sprain. Rich Lord on 610 this past few minutes stated that Kubiak has now for the first time confirmed that Montgomery is dealing with a high ankle sprain.
Why did they him off the boot, Doc?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #174
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Why did they him off the boot, Doc?
I can't be entirely sure. Boots are not usually used for Grade I run of the mill LATERAL ankle sprains. Those can usually rely on ankle taping and/or bracing. Boots are usually reserved for more serious Grade II or III lateral ankle sprains or high ankle sprains where total rest and support is desired for varying periods of time. With moderate lateral sprains, the boot may be removed relatively early to begin rehab strengthening. With high ankle sprains, there is usually a significantly longer "rest" and protective period. Of course, Montgomery is so far behind, the Texans certainly had to have been worried that they were running out of time to make him a functional part of this season. Could they be pushing him beyond the recommended schedule, hoping against odds? Would that surprise you?
Old 08-02-2013   #175
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

The old high ankle sprain, at this point I think Sam Montgomery has a better chance of making IR than he does the 53 man roster. Currently Sam is 3 deep on the depth chart and is not climbing up anytime to soon.

Depth Chart: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthcharts.aspx
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #176
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The old high ankle sprain, at this point I think Sam Montgomery has a better chance of making IR than he does the 53 man roster. Currently Sam is 3 deep on the depth chart and is not climbing up anytime to soon.

Depth Chart: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthcharts.aspx
I wouldn't put much faith in that depth chart.

They've got Ryan Harris as the backup LT when I think he's in the running for the RT spot right now and at the very least the #2 RT. No way Brennan Williams is the #2 RT with the amount of time he's missed.

And with the WRs, it's kind of a mess. They should have a separate spot for the slot receivers. If I were to rank the WRs, I think they go more like this:

1. AJ
2. Hopkins
3. Keshawn Martin - Slot
4. Lestar Jean - AJ Backup
5. Devier Posey - Hopkins Backup
6. Alan Bonner - Slot?
7. Jeff Maehl

The way they've got it set up, it looks like Martin is the #5 or #6 receiver and on par with Bonner. I don't think that's accurate.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #177
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
1. AJ
2. Hopkins
3. Keshawn Martin - Slot
4. Lestar Jean - AJ Backup
5. Devier Posey - Hopkins Backup
6. Alan Bonner - Slot?
7. Jeff Maehl

The way they've got it set up, it looks like Martin is the #5 or #6 receiver and on par with Bonner. I don't think that's accurate.
I think we're saying the same thing, but they way I see it is

1. Andre - Posey - LeStar
2. DeAndre - LeStar - Maehl
4. Keshawn - Bonner
Old 08-03-2013   #178
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I wouldn't put much faith in that depth chart.
I do have faith in ourlads.com depth charts. They're about as good as they get, constantly updated on daily basis. Nobody does a better job. To stay up to date and better informed follow Dan Shonka on twitter https://twitter.com/Ourlads_Shonka for the latest up to date depth charts in the NFL.

I should add they get their info directly from NFL teams and the NFL.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #179
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

From the two lists above, I come away at this point with reservations on 2 players on the list.

From what I've seen in past seasons and heard during the offseason and TC, Jean (as much as I've always had high hopes for him) is still trying to catch many of the balls thrown to him with his body instead of his hands........and as such is still dropping balls that he shouldn't.

As far as Posey, he showed great potential at the end of last season before his Achilles. However, I would be very guarded on depending on him to "functionally" return early in the season.....or expecting to see the Posey we are wanting to see until at least before the end of the season, if we see that Posey ever again. An Achilles can be much more tested in a WR than a RB (as well as other positions), in that explosiveness and stresses on the healing tendon must be "maxed" as a WR more than a RB...........with additional forceful high velocity moves of stop and go (slower for a RB).........and fast cut-backs towards the QB (a move not really required by a RB). This is not to even mention the explosiveness necessary to repeatedly jumping high..............and having to sustain the hard and sudden impacts (extreme stress on the Achilles) when coming back down.
Old 08-03-2013   #180
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we're saying the same thing, but they way I see it is

1. Andre - Posey - LeStar
2. DeAndre - LeStar - Maehl
4. Keshawn - Bonner
I've heard that Nwhateverachu is looking very good in camp. He has speed to burn. he's atleast a PS candidate.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read