Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2013   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Ryan newest $100m QB

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Ryan deal is done with 5 year ext at $103,750 million, $59 million guaranteed, $63 mill in first 3 years, $20.75 mill average per

First reaction: Yikes.
Old 07-25-2013   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Ryan newest $100m QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Ryan deal is done with 5 year ext at $103,750 million, $59 million guaranteed, $63 mill in first 3 years, $20.75 mill average per

And people complain about Schaub's contract?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$63 mill in first 3 years
Tops in the league.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yep, seems everything is relative and Schaub don't seem so pricey now in this context.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #5
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dammit. You beat me to saying this by 10 minutes. I have just been reading the contracts and going back and forth between Schaub, Flacco, Romo, and Rodgers.

Lot of people were complaining about Schaub's contract, but man, dude is getting paid about 40% less than these other guys, so IMO we actually put a good contract on him (assuming he plays well this year, which I know he will).
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
My first reaction is that we got a steal on Matt Schaub. Rick Smith goes to the top of the list for Exec of the year.

Anyone thinking $100M for Flacco, Romo, & Ryan is a good deal over the next 4 years or so & that we paid too much for Schaub $60M over the next three years (4 years total)....... has serious hate issues, that's all I can say about it.

Romo is 33
Schaub is 32
Flacco is 28
Ryan is 28

The age difference between Ryan, Flacco, & Schaub don't justify the extra $40M..... not to me.
Old 07-25-2013   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

wish we had a qb worth that kind of money, just sayin
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2013   #8
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
wish we had a qb worth that kind of money, just sayin
So do Cowboys, Ravens, and Falcons.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
So do Cowboys, Ravens, and Falcons.
Exactly.
Old 07-25-2013   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Some ridiculous contract these guys are on.

However, out of the 4 QBs mentioned, I'd take Ryan first in a heartbeat.
Old 07-25-2013   #11
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56098 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post

I'd go

Ryan
Flacco
Schaub
Jugs machine
A traffic cone
Romo
Old 07-25-2013   #12
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I'd go

Ryan
Flacco
Schaub
Jugs machine
A traffic cone
Romo
I mostly agree with you, however I think a jugs machine is a little bit more mobile than Schaub.

Old 07-25-2013   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mostly agree with you, however I think a jugs machine is a little bit more mobile than Schaub.

But it's not as good at reading defenses. It has a tendency to lock on to its primary receiver and not look the safeties off.
Old 07-26-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I'd go

Ryan
Flacco
Schaub
Jugs machine
A traffic cone
Romo
I've never considered myself a Schaub fan, but I'd go

Schaub
Ryan
Romo
Flacco
Old 07-26-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not taking Schaub over any of those guys. I think if you put those guys on this team they all look better than Schaub by a good margin.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #16
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

For those prices, I'd take Schaub easy. I'm not giving elite money to QBs that aren't elite.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Matt Ryan is the only guy I think would look appreciably better than Schaub in our system. He's got a good head on him & has consistently made good decisions. I'd like to see Romo in our system, I think it would be exciting to watch. It would be different, but I don't know that the team would have done any better or worse over the last 4 years.

Flacco.... no doubt in my mind he would not look any better than Schaub in our system. When everything is clicking, he'll look fine (great even, nigh elite). When he needs to lead the way.... not so much. Pretty much the mirror image of Matt Schaub, only a few years younger.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 07-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #18
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 14915 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This.

Matt Ryan could very well end up on that "Elite" level. He's A LOT better than people give him credit for.

He should be paid like a top 5 QB.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #19
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
For those prices, I'd take Schaub easy. I'm not giving elite money to QBs that aren't elite.
I feel exactly the same way.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

I'd take Ryan over Schaub. I think he's got the potential to be great and I think he'd flourish here under Kubiak in this system.

With Flacco and Romo, I don't think they'd be significant improvements over Schaub and they'd probably be steps back. They'd be able to do things that Schaub can't do; they'd be much more exciting than Schaub is. They would even win a game or two that Schaub would lose. But I think they'd both make a lot more bad decisions and end up losing us a lot of games that Schaub would win in an unspectacular way. I'd rather win in an unspectacular way than go down in a blaze of glory.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read