Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2013   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Hire Die-Hard Colts Fan for Website

There's a new blog at HT.com called Deep Slant that is supposed to provide some insider view to our Texans. The problem is that this "writer" likely knows as much about NFL football and the Houston Texans as I do about a random Indian cricket team. So there you go... a self proclaimed die-hard Colts fan is our go-to source for Texans information.

You can read some of her "work" here... http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/08...aa-confessions

New blog... http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-9bbdbb3aba3c

And follow her on Twitter here: @deepslant
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Hire Die-Hard Colts Fan for Website

An inquisition is in order. Senate, house, governors ..... even Carlos Danger should be notified at once!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

But wait...She has this: her own weekly Indian music progra.

Can we have a "progra"? I WANT ONE!

What is a "progra"?

Could one have it/one in public and no one notice?

Just axin.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #4
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Texans Hire Die-Hard Colts Fan for Website

So...we have Tania who writes for the Houston Chronicle who used to be with the Jags and now this women who is a Colts fan. Your going to have that in the media business. I think we know who they will be rooting for on Sundays......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even want to give the link hits. Can someone please copy paste a small portion?
Old 07-24-2013   #6
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they'll hire VY as Scurfields replacement. Im all for Tiki though
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #7
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
But wait...She has this: her own weekly Indian music progra.

Can we have a "progra"? I WANT ONE!

What is a "progra"?

Could one have it/one in public and no one notice?

Just axin.
The rest of us recognized it as a typo. Just saying.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2013   #8
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't be giving her page any views. I might just tweet to her and let her know that the Colts suck.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't too bad.....

....but if this is her inner self I'll take mine rare.

My real opinion, though, is this is so incredibly unnecessary. To have a Colts fans blog on as some type of Texan? Just goofy. I can't imagine why this came to be.
Old 07-24-2013   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Does that mean we can trade Richard Justice to the Titans?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
It's one thing to have a typo in a post on a MB but having a glaring typo in a published piece of work that supposedly went through an editor is fair game for ridicule.

To leave an error up like that and not come back and fix it, that's unprofessional. That should not happen on a professional site or a site with aspirations of being professional.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Most writers are obviously not hired for their loyalties, so it won't matter in the long run.

I thought Tanya Ganguli was a decent hire. She's the only interesting (non-blog) writer at that publication.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah but did she use the quote button correctly?
Old 07-25-2013   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Does that mean we can trade Richard Justice to the Titans?
Trade Justice to the Antarctica "Freezing Balls."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
So...we have Tania who writes for the Houston Chronicle who used to be with the Jags and now this women who is a Colts fan. Your going to have that in the media business. I think we know who they will be rooting for on Sundays......
... and McClain that writes for the Titans.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

She was on Texans All-Access with Marc Vandermeer yesterday afternoon and was quite awful.

The chemistry between her and Marc was not there and she made several noticeable gaffes.

I would generally scoff at the idea that she is unworthy of the position just because she is a Colts fan, but she was really, really bad on the radio.
Old 07-25-2013   #17
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
There's a new blog at HT.com called Deep Slant that is supposed to provide some insider view to our Texans. The problem is that this "writer" likely knows as much about NFL football and the Houston Texans as I do...
Should have left it right there. I have a question, Wonger. Have you, at any point in your life, been a headline writer for the National Enquirer? I'm fully expecting, 'CHIMP GIVES BIRTH TO HUMAN BABY!!' in the next installment
Old 07-25-2013   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

She's been around for a little while now. She was interning at sports radio 610. I know she is going to be on with Mark now for Texans all access but I didn't hear her yesterday.

But regarding her fandom...I don't really care. A lot of these people come from other places or were fans of other teams before covering the local teams.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #19
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh.

Gosh, I can only aspire to reach your plane of intelligence.

Thanks much for the enlightenment.

Old 07-25-2013   #20
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
She's been around for a little while now. She was interning at sports radio 610. I know she is going to be on with Mark now for Texans all access but I didn't hear her yesterday.

But regarding her fandom...I don't really care. A lot of these people come from other places or were fans of other teams before covering the local teams.
WHAT?!

No more Hottie, er I mean, Patti Smith?

They just might have lost a viewer.

What is Ms. Smith's future now? Where's she going and what's she going to be doing?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read