Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Braman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I feel this is the best group of coaches in Texan franchise history & would be in the mix of best in the league if they can develop then exploit the talents of a player like Braman. I believe he (they-coaches) WILL get it done!
We have, offensively. Myers, Brisiel, Arian, Walter, even Casey all produced above their draft status. I'd say even OD has produced above his draft status. We just need to get that kind of production on the defensive side of the ball.

Quin was one. McCain is another. Everybody else was either a first or second round pick. We need to get production out of Jamison, Crick, Braman, Sharpton, etc.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
No more Barret Ruud's please.
I thought Barret Ruud was our best ILB after Cushing & Sharpton. I like Dobbins, but I'd rather have brought Ruud back.
Old 07-24-2013   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We have, offensively. Myers, Brisiel, Arian, Walter, even Casey all produced above their draft status...

Quin was one. McCain is another. Everybody else was either a first or second round pick. We need to get production out of Jamison, Crick, Braman, Sharpton, etc.....
My (etc...) is NoFlyZone Harris. We traded back into the second to get him. Coaches' son jibber, jibber and whatever else. The scouts and management saw something to make that trade up.

I've watched many folks here being down hard on the guy and I can't really get into that camp. No Kool-Aid here, he was junk when he was thrust into action in the beginning. I saw improvement as he was allowed playing time. I'd say his improvement was greater than McCain's regression and MUCH BETTER than Keo's improvement. If McCain can come back and be V.2011, no sweat. I'm just stating that I think Brandon Harris has a much greater upside than Brice McCain.

There. I said it.

Probably right field reasoning here but that pre-game where CushMonster was micked-up and the two butted heads, Cush says "That's all you got Brice, C'mon!"

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #23
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus jumped up Christ, did somebody really say that they would have liked to bring back Ruud? That guy was a good 5 yards behind every pass play he had to cover, and not that great a run stopper, not a thumper by any means. yuck. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Old 07-24-2013   #24
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
When was this?
that preseason game that had everybody hootin' and hollerin', I didn't remember the appropriate #, hence the 'what' prior to me typing an exaggerated figure for impact. Didn't think that It was a big deal, or needed research behind it since its a 3rd stringer that's in question, but yeah nice to break it down every once in a while. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2013   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Ruud was a better player last year than Bradie James. I'd have taken Ruud back as depth and camp competition.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
that preseason game that had everybody hootin' and hollerin', I didn't remember the appropriate #, hence the 'what' prior to me typing an exaggerated figure for impact. Didn't think that It was a big deal, or needed research behind it since its a 3rd stringer that's in question, but yeah nice to break it down every once in a while. Thanks!
In the regular season over two years, Bryan Braman has 0.5 sacks, 8 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 TD.

The most sacks he's gotten in a pre-season game is only 1.5 and that was in his first ever pre-season game in 2011.

So... he hasn't gotten CLOSE to 5 sacks in a game, not even a pre-season game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
My (etc...) is NoFlyZone Harris. We traded back into the second to get him. Coaches' son jibber, jibber and whatever else. The scouts and management saw something to make that trade up.

I've watched many folks here being down hard on the guy and I can't really get into that camp.
We definitely need to get production out of Harris, that should be a no brainer. He was a second round pick.

My point was if we're going to talk about how good our defensive coaching staff is, we can't continue to base it on the production from our blue chips alone.

I was surprised they signed McCain to such a sweet deal. Makes me think they don't share our view of Brandon Harris.

Can't have enough CB depth, I know, but you had Harris on the cheap & we've still got Carmichael & some other scrub.
Old 07-25-2013   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We definitely need to get production out of Harris, that should be a no brainer. He was a second round pick.

My point was if we're going to talk about how good our defensive coaching staff is, we can't continue to base it on the production from our blue chips alone.

I was surprised they signed McCain to such a sweet deal. Makes me think they don't share our view of Brandon Harris.

Can't have enough CB depth, I know, but you had Harris on the cheap & we've still got Carmichael & some other scrub.
I think they re signed McCain because it was the smartest thing to do. One injury to one of your top three corners and if you didn't have McCain, all of a sudden your db's are a major weakness/unknown. If someone goes down now, you at least have guys that you feel could bump up one slot and not completely fail.

Plus, I think Harris and McCain have different styles.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, if you're ok with throwing BS in your post without knowing or looking it up, fine, knock yourself out. I'll just hide you so I'll never have to 2nd guess myself when you post a bunch of hogwash.

Gooday,
Old 07-25-2013   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've seen the guy get what 5 sacks in a game?
I think you forgot the "." ..... as in .5 career sacks. PFF gave him the full 1 career sack.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read