Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who wins division?
Houston Texans 129 88.36%
Indy Colts 14 9.59%
Nashville Titans 0 0%
Jacksonville Jaguars 3 2.05%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013   #1
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who wins division?

It has been so obvious for so many years, you wonder why it's never investigated. I'm talking about somebody's ability to bribe officials in favor of the Colts. That's basically why I'm picking them to win.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Who wins division?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
It has been so obvious for so many years, you wonder why it's never investigated. I'm talking about somebody's ability to bribe officials in favor of the Colts. That's basically why I'm picking them to win.
I knew there had to be some kind of twist.

It's really hard for me to "predict" what the Texans are going to do. Every year it's something else. I think I know who we are then we come out & nothing makes sense. All year (2012) I kept wondering when the offense was going to get it's stuff together & all of a sudden, we're among the best offensive teams in the league. It never looked that way to me as I watched them from week to week.

You know there was a time when I thought the Houston Texans could hang 30 on anyone, & do it efficiently. One or two stops from the defense & we'd win most games. Back then, we didn't have a defense you could rely on to hold the other team to a field goal. Now we have a menacing defense & our offense got all timid & reserved.

I don't know what to think about the Colts. They didn't play well as a team last season, but they did enough to stay in enough games (8) to pull out a W in the 4th qtr. In 2013 we're going to see if they were really that good, or just lucky.

The Titans. I spend too much time on this board. There's so much hate for Bud Adams that I can't get an objective opinion of the team. We always underrate them, even when they consistently finished better than we did in the division.

The Jags..... I don't expect much from them.

We're playing the AFC & NFC West. So we'll play the Patriots & Ravens while the Colts play the Dolphins & Bengals. It's going to be interesting.
Old 07-22-2013   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans are easily the most talented team in the Division. They should win. Andrew Luck's development factor is the only reason Indy has a puncher's chance, but I just don't see it.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #4
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget that last year the Colts gave up more points than they scored. That success is not repeatable with numbers like that. You can say the QB had a lot to do with that, but I say more than anything it was just Luck.

See what I did there?
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #5
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Don't forget that last year the Colts gave up more points than they scored. That success is not repeatable with numbers like that. You can say the QB had a lot to do with that, but I say more than anything it was just Luck.

See what I did there?
Winning the close ones is either a matter of wisely utilizing what talent you have, or luck, or getting some outside help.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #6
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Wont even be close.
Old 07-23-2013   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

THE COLTS won the divison like 5 years in a row then lost it 1 year (titans) then busted out another 4 years in a row

so I wont be happy unless the Texans win the divison 6 years in a row :P and 2 super bowl rings in these next 4 years ...
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2013   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The strength of the league division by division changes so quickly - it just seems like yesterday that everybody would joke about how weak the NFC West was and now it might be the best division in the NFL, certainly one of the best.
The Texans have had their way with the AFC South for 2 or 3 years now, but that will change and probably change more rapidly than we realize. I expect us to win the division again this year but I'm taking nothing for granted. I think we will lose a couple of division games and finish with about 10 wins, not 12 or 13 as some dreamers believe.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
The strength of the league division by division changes so quickly - it just seems like yesterday that everybody would joke about how weak the NFC West was and now it might be the best division in the NFL, certainly one of the best.
The Texans have had their way with the AFC South for 2 or 3 years now, but that will change and probably change more rapidly than we realize. I expect us to win the division again this year but I'm taking nothing for granted. I think we will lose a couple of division games and finish with about 10 wins, not 12 or 13 as some dreamers believe.

so u think its going to be the same has last year

Denver and Pats with the NUmber 1 and 2 seeds
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked the Texans because I think our defense will be better. I don't have a lot of faith in Schaub overall, but I don't think he completely sucks either. So with that, I think we'll have a good balance. If Schaub surprises me and does things I don't expect (positively) then I think it's a wrap and there isn't a team close to us.

But I'm not expecting that, so I give a slim margin to the Texans.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Both Seattle & San Francisco has been building a stout defense, their offenses are finally catching on. So you could kinda sorta see it coming.

I'd love for the AFC South to be more competitive than it has been, but we're not seeing any evidence that it might be. This division used to be Colts offense vs Jags & Titans defense. Those top ten defenses of the Jags & Titans are a thing of the past & the Colts offense, well... I just want to see them do it again.

They could all be top 10 in 2013 for all I know, but odds are against it.
Old 07-23-2013   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard not to take texans
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Huh. This board is fairly drug-free. I just looked at the results and the team at the bottom has 2 votes. At the current tally that translates to only about 4% that post on this board have a drug problem.
Old 07-23-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm......

still thinking.....
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Huh. This board is fairly drug-free. I just looked at the results and the team at the bottom has 2 votes. At the current tally that translates to only about 4% that post on this board have a drug problem.

It's hard to imagine anyone picking any team except for the Texans. There is only one thing that will keep the Texans from winning the division this year, and that is a LOT of injuries to the starters. Other than that, the division win is a cake walk.

Now then, getting anywhere in the playoffs is a whole 'nother conversation.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think 4-2 within the division for the Texans is the low end of expectations.

Going 4-2 or better within the division doesn't mean you win it but those teams will likely perform to the same standards against the rest of the league as they do against the Texans.

Really hard for me to believe the Jaq's , Tits or Dolts have what it takes to dethrone the Texans this year.

The Jaq's just suck , probably the worst QB play in the NFL.

The Tits .... they got better this offseason but Im not sold on their QB not to mention historically being one of the least disciplined teams in the league , I see them a distant third in the division.

The Dolts .... Yeah Luck is pretty good but I cant see that "team" playing as well as they did last year in what was an emotional season for them. They got worse defensively , didn't really think that was possible .... but they found a way.

The Texans may have gotten better both offensively and defensively - Hopkins looks to be a major upgrade over Walter & Greg Jones should be an upgrade over Casey at FB. Defensively you add a half of famer in Ed Reed .... They may be better on ST too as they added Lechler and Bullock who might be able to hit one from beyond 45 yards once in a while.

They aren't without concerns , most notably at the RG/RT spots & OLB with Barwin gone .... but having Cushing back is an improvement in itself.
We teams always have to be concerned with the health of the starting QB .... no matter what his name is , that name being Schaub makes me a bit more concerned than fans of some other teams.

Despite the questions , the Texans are clearly the most talented team in the division (and that's without any mention of JJ Watt).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #17
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Statistics would completely refute your theory. Of the few handful of teams that have had a negative point differential and a winning record, every one of them has averaged 2 more losses the following year. Throw in the offensive coordinator jumping ship and losing Freeney, and you have an eventual submarine on your hands. Colts go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
Old 07-23-2013   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If y'all didn't answer the Texans, y'all are jacked up!!!

Although, the OP does bring up an interesting point about the Colts getting some, "somewhat calls"...

BTW, who in the EFF voted for the Jags?? I haven't seen Mootini on the boards for a while...

For those of you newer members, "Mootini" is a great contributor to TexansTalk that happens to be a Jags fan.

TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT!!!

*EDIT*
Treat him with respect, right up until becomes an ass!!
Old 07-23-2013   #19
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Statistics would completely refute your theory. Of the few handful of teams that have had a negative point differential and a winning record, every one of them has averaged 2 more losses the following year. Throw in the offensive coordinator jumping ship and losing Freeney, and you have an eventual submarine on your hands. Colts go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
I hadn't heard of this stat until recently. Do you know how often this has happened, or when it has happened most recently except for last year's Colts?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans by far are the most talented team on both sides of the ball.

Getting Cush back is going to be huge, while I am not couting on Reed to be an impact he could very well be if healthy. Defensively... Dear lord you think of the season Watt had and you think, he's going to come in the season healthy...we could see something really special next year. Newcomer on defense i am totally stoked for... Swearinger. This kid isis going to be great in that third safety/cover corner spot Quinm manned.

Offensively, if Hopkins gives the team a legit second outside target i expect the offense to have the ability to open up unlike previous years. If we get improved right side of the line play even bigger things.

As a qb, love Luck, but can that team really overachieve two years in a row?

Other two aren't really worth mentioning.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read