Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013   #41
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

I wasn't able to get any this year. If anyone has any extras for Friday I would gladly appreciate them . Thx in advance .
Old 07-22-2013   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans waived DL RaShon Sonny Harris.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Texans release NT Sunny Harris. Harris showed some potential last year in preseason before injury but looked out of shape at OTAs this year

PDS ‏@PatDStat
#Texans RT @RavensInsider: Texans placed Earl Okine on physically unable to perform list

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Texans also placed Orhian Johnson on non-football injury list
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Texans waived DL RaShon Sonny Harris.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Texans release NT Sunny Harris. Harris showed some potential last year in preseason before injury but looked out of shape at OTAs this year
Wow. That's a surprise. We had some hopes for him this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #44
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wow. That's a surprise. We had some hopes for him this year.
Just making room for Casey Hampton
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #45
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up 4 for Friday but won't be going. IBleedTexans, you still need tickets? I'll PM you..
Old 07-25-2013   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Rookies reported Monday, veterans report today.
Old 07-25-2013   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Tim Jamison has been cleared as of Friday. Said he was "shocked" to here the words
Quote:
Brooks says the question marks about the right side will be taken as a challenge. Added that Newton is ready to go. #texanstalk

Brandon Brooks said one of the reasons he got his weight down to 335 is bc of the idea of a muddle huddle being used. #texanstalk
Quote:
#texans rookie Trevardo Williams said he's been working at SAM. Said he's only dropped back in coverage a few times in college.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Brandon Brooks said in addition to the heat, he got his weight down for sugar huddle stuff. #Texans

RG Brandon Brooks on coming in as the starter "I know what they expect of me, I know what I expect of myself" #Texans
Quote:
Rookie NT Chris Jones said technique took him some time to learn at first. Now that he knows the play book, it's easier to apply.
Quote:
"when I feel like old dpo again - I don't mean to speak in third person -I'll be out there," posey #Texans

Posey is about six months removed from his Achilles surgery. Doctors initially told him 6 to 9 months of rehab. #Texans

Posey says he's trying to prepare "for a career, not just one game" do he'll be smart with the end of his rehab. #Texans

DeVier Posey says he's on the last leg of his rehab. Working on one-leg explosion and jumping/coming down. #Texans
Old 07-25-2013   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, man.
Old 07-25-2013   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
Reason why @JJ Watt hasn't decided on elbow brace for games despite health? He told me before it was bc of slightly higher risk of re-injury.
Quote:
#Texans Matt Schaub@MSchaub8 said that they may change play at line based on D look maybe 30% of time but do in way not as obvious as other teams.
Quote:
#Texans Chris Myers@CMyers55 talked about Schaub having flexibility for calling plays. They audible/have options but more subtle than some teams.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Antonio Smith on HGH testing "I don't like needles ... I'm not scared of them, I just don't like them." #Texans

"as of yet, no. I'm not worried about it." Antonio Smith on whether his contract talks have progressed. #Texans

"he got taught a lesson. That needed to happen early on." Antonio Smith on rookie Sam Montgomery. #Texans

"these guys look like they've been in the league already," Antonio Smith on the rookies #Texans
Quote:
"It just seems that his hands swallow the football. It's very impressive" Schaub on Hopkins. #Texans

Schaub says he signed up for a role that comes with praise and criticism. Talks about having to get better. #Texans

Matt Schaub is here. " We weren't the last team standin last year so we all failed."#Texans
Quote:
Watt is very happy about how his elbow feels. Won't wear the brace for practices. Might use it for games. Hasn't decided. #Texans

Watt is using as motivation those who say he'll have a good year this year, but not as good as last year. "Why not?" he asks. #Texans

"You gotta block all 11 of us not just me... I'm not going to give up just because you throw 3 or 4 guys at me" watt. #Texans

"Cush doesn't like to say things like that about too many people ... It's an honor" JJ Watt on the effusive praise Cushing gave him. #Texans
Quote:
Andre Johnson said Ed Reed is feeling fine and "he'll be ready to go opening day." #Texans

" I'm not taking anything. ... Whatever they need to do to stay on top of guys ... I'm all for it." Johnson on HGH testing #Texans

Is this the most weapons you've played with? "Since I've been in the NFL, yeah," Andre Johnson. #Texans

"I'm the old head now. I'm not really used to being the old guy, but I'm willing to help (the young guys)," Andre Johnson. #Texans
Quote:
it's always fun being chased ... Over the past history here you've been trying to get to that point." center Chris Myers #Texans

"unjustified," Myers on criticism of Matt Schaub. #Texans

"It's Super Bowl or bust for everybody that wants to make it," Myers.
Quote:
Swearinger on Sam Montgomery about being on the NFI list. "I told him he has to step it up. It's disappointing to be on that list" #Texans

"on this level you've got to target lower when you hit guys," DJ Swearinger on staying aggressive without incurring penalties. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Johnson said that he talked with Ed Reed and he told him that he'll be ready for opening day. #texans

Johnson said he's never seen hands like Hopkins has. Never seen some one catch balls one handed like he does
Quote:
J.J Watt said over and over he loves Houston. He was also wearing a shirt remembering the 4 fallen FF in Houston.

Watt - "Ed will take care of the back end and ill take care of the front end"

Watt, "I'm always the one going after people"

JJ Watt "everybody knows what the deal around here is all about"
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
@JJWatt watched film from last year. Saw missed sacks, missed batted ball opps. "I'm by far my harshest critic." #Texans

@JJWatt: "We definitely did not play up to our potential last season." #Texans

@JJWatt "I need to keep getting better." #Texans

@JJ Watt talked to Sam Montgomery. He has a lot of talent. "We'll get him right." #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 07-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2013   #50
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Trevardo Williams looks small...LOL...

Montgomery looks like he's in great shape there...Wonder when this was taken...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Trevardo Williams looks small...LOL...

Montgomery looks like he's in great shape there...Wonder when this was taken...
He really, really does...

But Brennan Williams, Sam Montgomery, and Quessenberry look like a monsters.
Old 07-25-2013   #53
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78242 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
Texans safety Ed Reed (hip) and running back Arian Foster (calf) were placed on PUP list todayExpand
It begiiiiiiiiiins!!!!

Maybe Ed and Arian are sitting under an overpass, next to a cardboard box while sharing a 40oz talking **** about Brady.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #54
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
It begiiiiiiiiiins!!!!

Maybe Ed and Arian are sitting under an overpass, next to a cardboard box while sharing a 40oz talking **** about Brady.
I think that this was kind of expected for Reed to be placed on the PUP list. We were told Arian would be ready to go by the start of TC, but I expect him to be removed from it pretty soon. Much ado about nothing IMO.
Old 07-25-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Got two for Friday and four for Sunday as well. Just two weeks away.
I don't care what no body says.... the Colts have the classiest fans in the NFL.
Old 07-25-2013   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think that this was kind of expected for Reed to be placed on the PUP list. We were told Arian would be ready to go by the start of TC, but I expect him to be removed from it pretty soon. Much ado about nothing IMO.
Arian is now 2 months post being "carted off the field" with a "minor calf strain." This is separate from a simple calf muscle "spasm" as seen with some conditions as dehydration. I emphasized that calf injuries can be even more worrisome than hamstring injuries. When it first occurred I posted that ANY calf strains/tears on one side commonly sets up for strain/tears of the other calf...and is definitely associated with such.

I will now point out that the Achilles tendon connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. And a common cause leading to Achilles tendon strain/tear is a chronic tightening of the calf muscles, especially following re-injured or unhealed calf strain/tear. This chronic tightening can lead to chronic inflammation and thus weakening of the Achilles tendon (Achilles tendonitis), which is the prodrome to its tear/rupture.

Not having Arian at least participate in practices after this length of time, especially non-contact, reasonably confirms to me that this certainly was not a "minor" problem from the onset. Whether it is a function of his heavy load last year or not, there is something that is going on that for whatever reason is not being revealed at this time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #57
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Arian is now 2 months post being "carted off the field" with a "minor calf strain." This is separate from a simple calf muscle "spasm" as seen with some conditions as dehydration. I emphasized that calf injuries can be even more worrisome than hamstring injuries. When it first occurred I posted that ANY calf strains/tears on one side commonly sets up for strain/tears of the other calf...and is definitely associated with such.

I will now point out that the Achilles tendon connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. And a common cause leading to Achilles tendon strain/tear is a chronic tightening of the calf muscles, especially following re-injured or unhealed calf strain/tear. This chronic tightening can lead to chronic inflammation and thus weakening of the Achilles tendon (Achilles tendonitis), which is the prodrome to its tear/rupture.

Not having Arian at least participate in practices after this length of time, especially non-contact, reasonably confirms to me that this certainly was not a "minor" problem from the onset. Whether it is a function of his heavy load last year or not, there is something that is going on that for whatever reason is not being revealed at this time.
I definitely trust your opinion on things such as this. I guess if anything positive can be taken from him sitting out its the reps Tate and the younger guys are going to get. Arian doesn't need much practice time so I just hope its more of them wanting to take the cautious approach and get him back into the mix once the grind of TC ends.
Old 07-25-2013   #58
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Achilles tendons... If only I could think of a metaphor to describe such a fatal weakness in this otherwise formidable team.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #59
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

It sure sounds like it. Six weeks until prime time sounds likes very short period of time for him to get game ready if he is still dealing with this. And even if he is, leg injuries have such a tendency to become nagging problems that it often takes a full offseason to recover. Tate is an adequate #2, but certainly not the threat that Foster is.

Hopefully he will recover quickly.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #60
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106584 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy to see Tate get carries. Let Arian rest throughout TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read