Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre season tickets Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Preseason tickets suck, it doesn't matter what team or market you follow. I am in the Bullpen for the Texans and I look at it at $87.50 for 8 games, not 10 games. I know it won't happen, but I wish they would just charge season ticket buyers for the "regular season"...... and then sell the preseason to whoever wanted to buy them. Just my 2 cents......
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
My 2 cents as well. First game against Miami will probably showcase starters for a quarter, and three quarters to look at who will possibly make the final 53 for the same ticket price as the Texans vs. the Colts on Sunday night football. That is a problem with me, but I know if I want the tickets that's the price I pay.

It would be nice to have a fixed price for the eight regular games, and fill stadium preseason at a discount for regulars as well as those who can't afford the ticket price for the regular but still get a feel for the atmosphere of professional football, somewhat. Of course that would decrease the yearly Forbes value/profits slightly.
Folks, they are going to require all ten games for season ticket holders. They would be stupid not to do so. Who would be stupid enough to say "sure I will sell the tickets nobody wants, you take the rest." Once you get over that, the rest is irrelevant or is just shuffling the math. $100 a game for 10 games = $1000. "Gottverdammt $100 per game for preseason games, same as regular season, are you insane?" $20 per game for preseason and $120 per for regular season. Still required to buy all 10. Feeling good now? Still $1000.
Old 07-18-2013   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Folks, they are going to require all ten games for season ticket holders. They would be stupid not to do so. Who would be stupid enough to say "sure I will sell the tickets nobody wants, you take the rest." Once you get over that, the rest is irrelevant or is just shuffling the math. $100 a game for 10 games = $1000. "Gottverdammt $100 per game for preseason games, same as regular season, are you insane?" $20 per game for preseason and $120 per for regular season. Still required to buy all 10. Feeling good now? Still $1000.
I understand the business side, just what if or wishful thinking on my part. Thought I was clear in stating the difference in what I want versus what I know I will get. Now back to my part time job to pay for the golden rules.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #23
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Believe me, I KNOW what I have to pay for. My Texans bill was $8,075.00 for the 2013 season. Look at it anyway YOU want, but we pay full price for exhibition games that do not matter.

Last edited by OrangeLotPole8; 07-19-2013 at 12:34 PM.
OrangeLotPole8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #24
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Believe me, I KNOW what I have to pay for. My Texans bill was $8,075.00 in for the 2013 season. Look at it anyway YOU want, but we pay full price for exhibition games that do not matter.
Like I mentioned earlier, this is a shameful practice. Requiring you to buy an inferior product at full price when you're buying the real product at full price has to be not just morally, but also legally wrong. I wonder if anyone has ever challenged the NFL on this practice? Do we have any legal experts that could shed some light on this subject?
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, this is a shameful practice. Requiring you to buy an inferior product at full price when you're buying the real product at full price has to be not just morally, but also legally wrong. I wonder if anyone has ever challenged the NFL on this practice? Do we have any legal experts that could shed some light on this subject?
What moral or legal rule would they be violating? They offer a package of 10 games for X depending on where you sit. You accepted.

This whining is ridiculous. I guess it is morally and legally wrong for the grocery store to make you buy the rind on the watermelon.
Old 07-19-2013   #26
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What moral or legal rule would they be violating? They offer a package of 10 games for X depending on where you sit. You accepted.

This whining is ridiculous. I guess it is morally and legally wrong for the grocery store to make you buy the rind on the watermelon.
I tell you what, I will GIVE you both preseason games (that's 2 tickets to each game, 4 total)..... and you GIVE me only 2 tickets to the Broncos OR Patriots. So you get 4 tickets and I get 2, that's a great deal for you. You get twice as many tickets, you are trading me 2 and I give you 4. Wanna trade??????
Old 07-19-2013   #27
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't see it the same way. I'm not a season ticket holder, so I don't want to speak for them, but for me, I'd only be interested in the 8 home regular season games. I'd only be interested in the preseason games, if they were reasonably priced.

Selling the preseason games at full price is like making you buy a flip phone at the iPhone price when you buy an iPhone.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
I tell you what, I will GIVE you both preseason games (that's 2 tickets to each game, 4 total)..... and you GIVE me only 2 tickets to the Broncos OR Patriots. So you get 4 tickets and I get 2, that's a great deal for you. You get twice as many tickets, you are trading me 2 and I give you 4. Wanna trade??????
Silly comparison. You are hung up on the number printed on the ticket which is meaningless. You bought a bundle for a price. You as a SEASON ticket holder pay for the SEASON which you knew very well included the preseason when you signed up. You might as well be whining about regular season games. Clearly people want the Patriots game more than the Jags game - "oh my god why should I have to pay as much for the Jags as for the Patriots?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I don't see it the same way. I'm not a season ticket holder, so I don't want to speak for them, but for me, I'd only be interested in the 8 home regular season games. I'd only be interested in the preseason games, if they were reasonably priced.

Selling the preseason games at full price is like making you buy a flip phone at the iPhone price when you buy an iPhone.
They aren't separate items. When you go to a restaurant you don't get to create your own menu and price it yourself. You choose from theirs. For all 32 teams, for that matter every league I am aware of, if you buy the season you are also buying the preseason.
Old 07-19-2013   #29
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Quote:
Silly comparison. You are hung up on the number printed on the ticket which is meaningless. You bought a bundle for a price. You as a SEASON ticket holder pay for the SEASON which you knew very well included the preseason when you signed up. You might as well be whining about regular season games. Clearly people want the Patriots game more than the Jags game - "oh my god why should I have to pay as much for the Jags as for the Patriots?"
One Bullpen seat is $855:

It should read preseason game: $27.50 per game (2 games)
Regular Season game: $100.00 per game (8 games)

I still pay $855 for the season ticket but they should SHOW that the PRESEASON IS TRASH on the ticket prices. People see $85.50 for preseason and nobody will pay that because they know the game is trash. They see the $85.50 for the regular season game and want it for $85.50 because that is "FACE VALUE".... however we are REQUIRED to pay for the 2 preseason game that nobody wants. I completely understand that you have to buy all 10 games, but show the difference in the ticket value.

Tell you what, I don't require the Pats or Broncos..... my deal is still on the table for YOU to pick ANY regular season game and I will give you BOTH of my preseason games. YOU WON'T DO IT, because you KNOW THE VALUE OF ONE REGULAR SEASON GAME IS MORE THAN TWO PRESEASON GAME, yet the tickets have the same price on them. That is my point!

We are beating a dead horse here, you have your opinion and I respect it, I have mine and hope you do as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read