Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-14-2013   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive backfield eval

Now... to the CONTENT of the post.

This was part of a series comparing the various position units within the AFC South and ranking them. It was interesting to go through and see how they had us ranked:

Coaches: Colts, Texans, Titans, Jags
DB: Texans, Titans, Colts, Jags
LB: Texans, Colts, Titans, Jags
DL: Texans, Titans, Jags, Colts

OL: Titans, Texans, Jags, Colts
TE: Colts, Titans, Texans, Jags
WR: Texans, Colts, Titans, Jags
RB: Texans, Titans, Jags, Colts
QB: Colts, Texans, Titans, Jags

What has Pagano done? That coaching job last year was on Arians as far as I'm concerned. When Pagano came back, the wheels came off. I have Kubiak as the best coach in the AFC South until someone else does something.

I think OD and GG are under-rated.

The right side of the line combined with all the moves the Titans made this offseason killed us on the OL ranking.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013   #22
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Why would I claim to be an ESPN writer? You really had trouble figuring that out? To quote you, "What's the big deal?"
Forget MB Etiquette for a second.

Why would you go to all the trouble of documenting information that you find interesting and obviously believe other people might also, and then not take the 5 seconds (Okay, in reality, probably more like 2 or 3) to make it a bit easier to read and understand?

Even if it's only a little bit easier, and even if it's only some of the people, you're the one saying it's interesting/relevant/persuasive - why not make it easier to get your point across to everyone?
Old 07-14-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

What has Pagano done? That coaching job last year was on Arians as far as I'm concerned. When Pagano came back, the wheels came off. I have Kubiak as the best coach in the AFC South until someone else does something.

I think OD and GG are under-rated.

The right side of the line combined with all the moves the Titans made this offseason killed us on the OL ranking.
I agree. No way we have the third best TEs of the bunch.

WR.... I love me some Aj & he's the best of the whole group, I think, hands down. But I don't believe we have the best group. I'd give that one to the Colts.

I also think we have the best QB. Luck might have more potential, but Schaub's a better QB right now & you're sucking some serious eggs if you don't think so.
Old 07-14-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Why would you go to all the trouble of documenting information that you find interesting and obviously believe other people might also, and then not take the 5 seconds (Okay, in reality, probably more like 2 or 3) to make it a bit easier to read and understand?

Even if it's only a little bit easier, and even if it's only some of the people, you're the one saying it's interesting/relevant/persuasive - why not make it easier to get your point across to everyone?
It's not even a second. You click the button, then right click & past like you were going to do any way.
Old 07-14-2013   #25
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i love how this turned into a "lesson of the quote button" haha
Old 07-14-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i love how this turned into a
Quote:
"lesson of the quote button"
haha
Fixed it for ya
Old 07-15-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Other times, I'm reading iDexaN & I'm like,"WTF is he talking about" then I realize he quoted John McClain....

I had to LOL at that; funny sheez!

I like TPN and badboy both; after a long while, you just know to expect the different styles.

One is an aspired writer, the other goes for the simplicity of a unique thought of the moment.

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Forget MB Etiquette for a second.

Because I felt I had identified an article, provided a link to said article, identified what I was posting as snippets from the article which in my mind shows I did not write the second snippet and both snippets were in quotes. I have read my OP several times and do not see how anyone could possibly believe I was the author of the second quote especially as I identified it as Kuharsky's.

This is the point I and others made on Infantrycak's thread on "etiquette". I am on MB to get and give info and read opinions. I am not on here to be concerned about your (anyone) "cringes" on grammer or punctuation. There are examples of extremely poor spelling or misuse of language but if I can understand the message, I will either consider it or not. I have posted this way since I came onto board. TK and Pencilneck have pointed out a technique that I can use and I will try to do so if I remember. It is not a big deal for me if I do not.

When I posted, I did think it was easy to read and understand. Others in this thread have found it readable and understood. I am not a professional writer nor have I claimed to be. I find info I think others may find useful or interesting and might initiate discussion. Some of you choose to discuss the way I post rather than what is being said. Your choice.
Old 07-15-2013   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Because I felt I had identified an article, provided a link to said article, identified what I was posting as snippets from the article which in my mind shows I did not write the second snippet and both snippets were in quotes. I have read my OP several times and do not see how anyone could possibly believe I was the author of the second quote especially as I identified it as Kuharsky's.
The part you identified as Kuharsky was outside of a quote.

Quote:
I'm going to write some quoted material.

"Here's some quoted material."

But as for me... (Paul Kuharskey)

"Some more stuff."
When the "But as for me" is outside of a quote, it means that YOU are the writer. Putting "(Paul Kuharskey)" there doesn't identify it as being inside a quote, it identifies you as being Paul Kuharskey (the "me" in the quote.) You can't see that?

The only thing that's being asked is that when you copy and paste something into a message, just click on the quote button. It doesn't matter about this particular post, it's about the future and the past. It's not hard to do and it will save on a lot of miscommunication in the future.
Old 07-15-2013   #30
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The part you identified as Kuharsky was outside of a quote.

When the "But as for me" is outside of a quote, it means that YOU are the writer. Putting "(Paul Kuharskey)" there doesn't identify it as being inside a quote, it identifies you as being Paul Kuharskey (the "me" in the quote.) You can't see that?

The only thing that's being asked is that when you copy and paste something into a message, just click on the quote button. It doesn't matter about this particular post, it's about the future and the past. It's not hard to do and it will save on a lot of miscommunication in the future.
Stop.
He said okay...
Quote:
TK and Pencilneck have pointed out a technique that I can use and I will try to do so if I remember. It is not a big deal for me if I do not.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

My bad.

Sorry.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read