Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013   #1
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Training camp 2013

Does anybody have any info on the tickets this year? Maybe I missed it but I don't Remember them coming out this late in the year
Old 07-11-2013   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
Does anybody have any info on the tickets this year? Maybe I missed it but I don't Remember them coming out this late in the year
Drew Dourghtey said they will be available next week. Also, They actually did come out about this time last year.

I know it feels like it's been longer than last year, but last year they announced on July 14th IIRC.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #3
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Drew Dourghtey said they will be available next week. Also, They actually did come out about this time last year.

I know it feels like it's been longer than last year, but last year they announced on July 14th IIRC.
Thanx a million, I wounder how they're going to release em. I remember one of the first years I went , we had to pick em up at wingstop. Bet they'll be even harder to get this year
Old 07-11-2013   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going this year. Last year was way too much trouble after our first playoffs. I'd imagine it'll be even crazier this year.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The weekdays mornings are not to bad. The night time practices and the weekends are nuts.

As for the getting the tickets, the last few years have they have been available online, and it has been easy to get them.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
The weekdays mornings are not to bad. The night time practices and the weekends are nuts.

As for the getting the tickets, the last few years have they have been available online, and it has been easy to get them.
Yeah, the mothership will put up a link and you "apply" for them on line. Then you print out your copy. As I recall, you could reserve up to four seats (maybe more). Hopefully that'll start soon. Tell you what, weekends and nights get maxed out real quick. I take off one or two weekday mornings so as not to get caught in the weekend/night mad house.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post

"easy" is a pretty relative term here. Last year I basically sat on the PC refreshing the Texans site trying to nab a weekend day and weekday. Took me about 6 hours just to get those two days printed out and ready to rock and roll.
Old 07-12-2013   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'm not going this year. Last year was way too much trouble after our first playoffs. I'd imagine it'll be even crazier this year.
I'm with ya, man. I went every year up until last season. Waaay too crowded for that space. I like all Texans fans, but I'd rather not be shoulder to shoulder with you. Ha

I might go to a weekday morning practice if I'm off, but not going to make it a point like I used to.
Old 07-14-2013   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm with ya, man. I went every year up until last season. Waaay too crowded for that space. I like all Texans fans, but I'd rather not be shoulder to shoulder with you. Ha

I might go to a weekday morning practice if I'm off, but not going to make it a point like I used to.
Yep, went to some practices back in the day when it'd just be a couple guys standing around watching the one-on-ones between a DLineman and Olineman and you were so close you could almost reach out and touch them. But then had the opportunity to go to a practice in the last couple years and that same scene was now a very large crowd. So not as enjoyable with the easy access as the first few years, but that's the price of success I guess.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013   #10
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Yep, went to some practices back in the day when it'd just be a couple guys standing around watching the one-on-ones between a DLineman and Olineman and you were so close you could almost reach out and touch them. But then had the opportunity to go to a practice in the last couple years and that same scene was now a very large crowd. So not as enjoyable with the easy access as the first few years, but that's the price of success I guess.
Yea , my bro and I have been going for the past 4 - 5 years and at first it was nice to go and enjoy the hardworking atmosphere . It felt like a private practice with about 100 or 200 there. It's not the same ,but I just love going and knowing football season's here !!!
Old 07-14-2013   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Thats what its like to go to a good teams practice , i mean really in 03 and 04 who wanted to go and see carr get treated like a rag doll anyways.
Old 07-15-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Crowded?

It's not even a relative term.

Just Google largest crowd for NFL training camp for the true meaning of there term.

41,000 plus is crowded.

I've read about crowds of 20K for many sessions of certain teams through the years, it makes us look like minor league.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Crowded?

It's not even a relative term.

Just Google largest crowd for NFL training camp for the true meaning of there term.

41,000 plus is crowded.

I've read about crowds of 20K for many sessions of certain teams through the years, it makes us look like minor league.
It's still relative. putting 10 people on a basketball court isn't crowded. Putting 10 people in a bathroom stall is crowded. There is not enough room or seats for the people that attend the Texans training camp.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
It's still relative. putting 10 people on a basketball court isn't crowded. Putting 10 people in a bathroom stall is crowded. There is not enough room or seats for the people that attend the Texans training camp.
Don't go all TPN on me, LOL

But honestly, for me, going to TC is to see certain players to try to gauge their progress. I've never sat down at any session.

It's not like, hey, I want a vacation off the beaten track; this thing is becoming too touristy for me.

Today must be World Peace Day, haha.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Open camp dates

Quote:
The dates for the open practices are as follows:

Tuesday, July 30, 8-10 a.m.
Wednesday, July 31, 8-10 a.m.
Thursday, Aug. 1, 8-10 a.m.
Friday, Aug. 2, 8-10 a.m.
Monday, Aug. 5, 8-10 a.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 6, 8-10 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 7, 8-10 a.m.
Quote:
While tickets to attend these sessions is free, they must be printed on the team's official website beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17.
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ing-camp-dates

From HT.com for those like me that do not trust anyone
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-8df440f2c08d
Old 07-15-2013   #16
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why no weekend dates?
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Open camp dates

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ing-camp-dates

From HT.com for those like me that do not trust anyone
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-8df440f2c08d
Stand (or sit) by your computers on Wednesday morning!!
Quote:
Free tickets can be printed from the Texans official website, www.HoustonTexans.com, beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17, with a limit of four per person, per practice while supplies last. Tickets for Youth Day on August 5 will be available exclusively at Houston-area Academy Sports Outdoors locations while supplies last as well. Bleacher seating at each practice session is general admission.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

looking at http://www.houstontexans.com/tickets...cket-info.html and I notice that if you have season tickets I think you can print out training camp tickets right now. Have to have your Texans account number to do it.
Old 07-16-2013   #19
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

As a season ticket holder. It only allowed me to get 4 passes for one date. In the email it specified 4 passes for each date. Oh well. I can only brave those crowds once anyway.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #20
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Does anyone know if your a season ticket holder you can get a weekend or a night pass or is it just for sponsors?

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read