Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-11-2013   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the 2013 Titans a play-off team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
I'll dummy it down so you can understand it,
Maybe you should just dummy your ass over to a Titans board instead of disrespecting the owner of this one.
Old 07-11-2013   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Maybe you should just dummy your ass over to a Titans board instead of disrespecting the owner of this one.
Check out his posting history. He is a Cowboys fan who called us all frauds for not following the Titans.
Old 07-11-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

I for one think Dolphins and Ravens are deff the front runners IMO and there ARE A COUPLE OF dARK HORSES LIKE cHEIFS AND bENGALS I think CHargers and Steelers can actually win there divison maybe
I think the Bengals are going to win the AFC North. They've been trending up, so has the Ravens, while the Steelers appear to be treading water. I think the Ravens may be a wild card, but Cincinnati wins the division.

NewEngland, Houston, Denver, & Cincinnati will win their division.

Ravens, KC, Miami, & Tennessee will be fighting for a WC. Pittsburgh will be playing the Ravens twice, the Bengals twice, Tennessee once, & Miami once. I don't see them making it to 10 wins & you'll need at least 10 wins for an AFC WC this year.
Old 07-11-2013   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think the Bengals are going to win the AFC North. They've been trending up, so has the Ravens, while the Steelers appear to be treading water. I think the Ravens may be a wild card, but Cincinnati wins the division.

NewEngland, Houston, Denver, & Cincinnati will win their division.

Ravens, KC, Miami, & Tennessee will be fighting for a WC. Pittsburgh will be playing the Ravens twice, the Bengals twice, Tennessee once, & Miami once. I don't see them making it to 10 wins & you'll need at least 10 wins for an AFC WC this year.
TBO this could be a weird year for the AFC powerhouses WHat if the Pats FINALLLYYYY have a flop season and Denver has well If peyton gets injured or even regress 2nd year Alla Mike Vick his 2nd year in philly then WOW the Texans will be alone at the top of the AFC facing the teams that will fill that void the hot young teams like MIami and Cincy

at this point im kinda more afraid of the WC teams and dark horses more then Denver or NE
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #25
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

The answer is no, I have cursed the titans and it shall not be lifted until the passing of Bud Adams. Yes that's right, and you just read this on the Internet so it must be true. Sorry Tennessee fans, no apologies to the Houston fans that still follow that team, :-)
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #26
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32813 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Still butt hurt over that infant? I figured that could all be washed up under the bridge by now...I mean after all the last thing we want is world war 3 going on
in here am I correct?
Man, I thought Thorn was old and crotchety.
Old 07-11-2013   #27
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32813 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not to railroad the conversation here...but I thought the whole issues of the past were over said and done with? water under the bridge, but I guess some can't get over the
past and are still hurt by it

sad
I never thought
that I would see someone defend. Turd Adams
water under, the bridge
can
sometimes rise....
back above the bridge?

I like this guy because I read all his posts in the voice of William Shatner.
Old 07-11-2013   #28
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
This is how wars begin when people twist words, so I am going to remain as calm as I can while I explain this.

On Bud Adams I was merely complimenting his ability to not want to interfere with the day to day aspects of the team...unlike a Jerruh Jones who is meddlesome right down
to the very core of his being

however just because he does the right thing when it comes to the day to day aspects does not mean he is right in treating fans like trash

lastly

the other part of comment was to infant who brought up what I said in the past, that is the past I am refering too that I thought was buried dead and gone
Infantry is, too far above this
thread
to post further rebuttals...to... a... William Shatner
Sounding, type of guy.
I......am not

Nobody is mad
just, you, sound like a fraud, a.... trickster.. or troll
Old 07-11-2013   #29
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You act as if the guy is Jerruh or Al Davis, he deserves more credit and respect than that

Credit:Yes
Respect: No
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #30
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

As one of the resident Titan fans here, I'll say it. No.

I'm not a believer in Munchak AT ALL and we all know very well that teams that win in March/April don't translate that well into winners in the fall (see 2012 "Dream Team" for exhibit A).

The effort to improve the roster is absolutely there and they are a better team, but I simply will have to see it on the field, because right now I still consider the coaching staff one of the worst in the league...

And further to that, the Titans have a huge question mark at QB. Locker needs to show a ton this upcoming season that he was worth a top 10 pick and not the bad reach I thought he was.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #31
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On Bud Adams I was merely complimenting his ability to not want to interfere with the day to day aspects of the team...
You are talking about the same guy who forced his coaching staff to draft Vince Young against their will only because he wanted to get back at the city of Houston. See where that got him, his team and everyone else involved.

He set his franchise back who knows how many years and thanks to that idiotic decision he personally will never see his team in the playoffs again on this side of the dirt.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Bud Adams.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #32
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On Bud Adams I was merely complimenting his ability to not want to interfere with the day to day aspects of the team
You couldn't be further to the truth. He went behind management and tried to shove Peyton Manning down their throats (after drafting Locker 8th overall) and also overruling staff on Vince Young.

I can keep going but that should suffice. I had no idea that an owner that hasn't won a title since 1961 had so much respect...and this is coming from a fan of the franchise.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #33
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
the Titans have a huge question mark at QB. Locker needs to show a ton this upcoming season that he was worth a top 10 pick and not the bad reach I thought he was.
ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! ding!

We have a winner.

Jake Locker must take mega steps forward to become a playoff caliber QB. I could be selling him short but I just do not see it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and the Texans don't have any question on our QB matty I think we pretty much know all about him bye now
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #35
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Remember, they've got a QB killah on their team now.
and his name is Jake Locker.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming on a Houston Texans board which has many old school Oilers fans telling them that Adams deserves credit and respect...priceless

I've give him as much respect as the lint that might fall from my balls. Which is probably about as much as you get as this point

G'day
Old 07-12-2013   #37
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the modern era of football show me were the Oilers have ever won a Vince Lombardi title??

While I agree Bud needed to be more appreciative of the fans
(never biting the hand that feeds you) you can't expect a guy
who owns oil wells and invests in other things to make nothing
more than clear profit to not look down upon those who he finds
to be beneath his stature

the same way you cant be made to understand that Bum had his chances
and a executive decision had to be made!!! as to the direction that was in
the best interest of business

Bum was out Fisher was in attendance dropped due to lack of fan interest
another executive decision had to be made? this time the decision was to
pack up the show and move to Tennessee
I think everything else has already been answered by others, so I'll just reply to the first part I put in red. They never have, which was exactly my point. Raiders & Cowboys, whom you mentioned, have won it all &, if you look at it from the long-term perspective, which we presumably are, it shows that Bud Adams is just not a winner in the realm of the NFL.

We know that McNair hasn't done it yet either, but he's relatively new and working on it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #38
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its an unpredictable question. But I think the answer is no, simply due to the fact that the Texans are really good right now, and the Colts and Jags can put up a fight, with Luck and Henne respectively. They would have to have an amazing out of conference record. And with the AFC being as competitive as it is it would be tough.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Man, I thought Thorn was old and crotchety.

I got nothing against Titan fans or their team, other than they are a division rival. Hell, I post some at TitansTailgate.com, which is Toronto's place. It's got some nice folks there.

But as to Bud Adams, that piece of **** can kiss my ass in hell. He is the very definition of an a$$hole.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013   #40
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why in the Hell would he sabotage his own team to get back at the city of
Houston??? that makes no sense what so ever!!! I mean I can see if it were
done out of egotistical stupidity but to get back at Houston?

not buying it
You are not too dialed in I see. I wouldn't say Bud Adams drafted Vince to intentionally sabotage his team. He demanded his staff draft him because he knew how many fans in Houston wanted Vince drafted by the Texans and the fact that former mayor Lanier's wife was on the radio clamoring for the Texans to draft him.

The first thing Bud did after the draft was fly Vince to Houston and paraded him all around town. Notice he didn't take him around Nashville.

Bud's arrogance and stupidity in trying to get back at Houston backfired in his fat face and set his team back who knows how many seasons because of the dominio effect this had.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read