Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-10-2013   #101
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
You may get your wish. Just saw this article over at the Texans web site about Jean and all the hard work he's putting in. Looks like Kubes is noticing improvement too. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-61fab170671e
He is really good preseason but needs to carry on in September.
Old 07-10-2013   #102
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You may get your wish. Just saw this article over at the Texans web site about Jean and all the hard work he's putting in. Looks like Kubes is noticing improvement too. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-61fab170671e
That highlight although not the most impressive shows that Jean has the physical size and ability to be a play maker in this league. Big enough, fast enough if he can put it all together then he could be a damn good WR. I felt the same way about Dorin Dickerson though, although i am much more impressed with jean.
Old 07-11-2013   #103
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
He is really good preseason but needs to carry on in September.
I know most here think of him that way, with good reason, but I think last year he showed us some promise during the season. I know last year was his 2nd in the league but technically it was really his rookie season since the 1st he spent on IR. I think Kubes was "spoon feeding" him, along with Martin and Posey, waiting for them to develop as route runners and blockers, catching only a few passes here and there. It's too bad Posey had to get hurt near the end of the season. He was probably going to be one of the main WR's this year and definitely ahead of Jean and Martin. Now, I'm not sure when or even if he plays this season. But this should open up more opportunities for Jean and Martin. I guess only time and games played will tell. I'm hoping both will do well this season along with Hopkins.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #104
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know most here think of him that way, with good reason, but I think last year he showed us some promise during the season. I know last year was his 2nd in the league but technically it was really his rookie season since the 1st he spent on IR. I think Kubes was "spoon feeding" him, along with Martin and Posey, waiting for them to develop as route runners and blockers, catching only a few passes here and there. It's too bad Posey had to get hurt near the end of the season. He was probably going to be one of the main WR's this year and definitely ahead of Jean and Martin. Now, I'm not sure when or even if he plays this season. But this should open up more opportunities for Jean and Martin. I guess only time and games played will tell. I'm hoping both will do well this season along with Hopkins.
I also would like to see Jean step up. However, I disagree Kubiak was spoon feeding him. I think Gary was looking for another option for MS and no one stepped up. The long TD was great but nothing much after. I will be rooting for him.
Old 07-13-2013   #105
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
That highlight although not the most impressive shows that Jean has the physical size and ability to be a play maker in this league. Big enough, fast enough if he can put it all together then he could be a damn good WR. I felt the same way about Dorin Dickerson though, although i am much more impressed with jean.
See also David Boston. With a much higher draft pick. Just sayin that Jean has much more upside at this stage.
Old 07-15-2013   #106
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 265 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak holds on WR's longer I think so QB develop chemistry on the field. But LeStar Jean.. IDK he may be around this year but next year he's probably gone. IMO he just hasn't done enough for me. Not many chances.
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read