Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-09-2013   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For those worried about cush's knee...

Sorry but the boards have been fairly drab lately with the lull in football action so I figured I'd post this for a few of you to get excited seeing as how we're a month away from game action.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/640pP6eJXws
Old 07-09-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For those worried about cush's knee...

How about a video running an obstacle course or series of tires? This was good to see but didn't do a lot for me.
Old 07-09-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He looks a little leaner to me...I like it...I think it'll help him move a bit better.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #4
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
How about a video running an obstacle course or series of tires? This was good to see but didn't do a lot for me.
Didn't have much of a choice of videos but when you do a 52" sitting box jump...that's damn impressive coming off knee surgery.
Old 07-09-2013   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone that's had an ACL knows that forward/back movement isn't the biggest issue... it's the side-to-side, lateral moves that are the last to come back. Another huge factor is the mentality to fly around without worrying about a re-injury.

I believe Cush will make a full comeback eventually but would feel much more comfortable with a solid Plan B at ILB.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Didn't have much of a choice of videos but when you do a 52" sitting box jump...that's damn impressive coming off knee surgery.
Yeah......... I bet that's not on the regimine for ACL reconstruction physical therapy.

I'm sure it feels fine, but that right there is the kind of thing that's going to sideline him for another season.

He needs to put that thing up on a pillow & hit the bluebell.
Old 07-09-2013   #7
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Anyone that's had an ACL knows that forward/back movement isn't the biggest issue... it's the side-to-side, lateral moves that are the last to come back. Another huge factor is the mentality to fly around without worrying about a re-injury.

I believe Cush will make a full comeback eventually but would feel much more comfortable with a solid Plan B at ILB.
spot on especially the mental aspect!
pretty much all this shows is that is got full strength back in the muscles surrounding the knee.
but its good to see none the less
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2013   #8
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

2012Champs, how do you like them leggings?
Old 07-15-2013   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post

He's been on the side field during minicamp/OTAs doing rehab drills--lots of all sorts of running/movement. Looks like Cush.
Old 07-15-2013   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
He's been on the side field during minicamp/OTAs doing rehab drills--lots of all sorts of running/movement. Looks like Cush.
I certainly hope so, TC.

Nothing's like a hungry cookie monster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #11
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
2012Champs, how do you like them leggings?

Slightly different scenario than the previous example
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Not really comparable to an NFL game with 300lb. men flying around your knees. Another thing we don't know is the post workout pain/stiffness he's experiencing. Athletes are typically pros at covering up injuries to stay on the field.

Hopefully he makes an AD type recovery. If anyone can pull it off it's Cushing. The funny part is that if he has an All-Pro year it will go widely ignored, unlike AD who is now some sort of mythical god for his recovery.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody who thinks Cushing's full recovery and back to his former self/form
right off of the bat in the 2013 season is a slam-dunk is in deep denial IMO. I expect him to recover and continue his career in the NFL, but I think how soon he recovers is very uncertain and his return to 100% of his old self is also uncertain.
I'm not trying to be a pessimist here, I'm just suggesting that what kind of player Cushing is when he completes his recovery may fall short of what he was prior to his injury. We just have to wait and see.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
right off of the bat in the 2013 season is a slam-dunk is in deep denial IMO. I expect him to recover and continue his career in the NFL, but I think how soon he recovers is very uncertain and his return to 100% of his old self is also uncertain.
I'm not trying to be a pessimist here, I'm just suggesting that what kind of player Cushing is when he completes his recovery may fall short of what he was prior to his injury. We just have to wait and see.
Eh, I think he's going to come out kickin ass. The dude's a freak when he hits that field and I do not expect that to change.
Old 07-16-2013   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
That's what they said about Adrian Peterson...

Signed,

Jamaal Charles
Old 07-16-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's too early to say one way or another; I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #17
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

The company I work for has been providing his supplements and protein formula. I also am in contact with his personal trainer. Word in the gym is that he is looking mighty fine. He's going to be faster out there, even post ACL.

Last edited by rockabilly; 07-16-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Grammar.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #18
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
The company I work for has been providing his supplements and protein formula. I also am in contact with his personal trainer. Word in the gym is that he is looking mighty fine. He's going to be faster out there, even post ACL.
Hmmm, I hope none of these supplements are going to get him pregnant again like happened last time.
Old 07-16-2013   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Hmmm, I hope none of these supplements are going to get him pregnant again like happened last time.
Ha! We have somebody to blame next time!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's too early to say one way or another I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
I'll go back to what I've said before. The #1 reason found in studies for setbacks was pushing rehab to beat the expected 9 to 12 month time period. Seated 52" box jumps under controlled conditions look impressive, but with it solid lateral stability is demonstrated to only a modest extent. Cutting in full speed, sustaining violent hits to the knee straight on or from the sides repeatedly will be the only ultimate tests. Cushing has always been referred to in the past as a "workout warrior." In the past this has translated to equivalent performance on the field. Unfortunately, under the circumstances, this term cannot automatically be assigned as having the same relationship to his expected ultimate level of return. How many "workout warriors" have not lived up to translation on the field? Cushing has a long road to hoe, and the odds are against him reaching his max short of the 9-12 month point, and possibly up to 1 1/2 - 2 years. And then returning to the "old Cush" is more hopeful than realistic at this point. Reality is frightening enough..........without at least half way being prepared for it. Let's all stay hopeful for now..........but not unprepared for a pinch of reality should it rear its ugly head.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read