Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-03-2013   #421
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 229176 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Aaron Hernandez apartment search uncovered ammo — and sweatshirt possibly worn on the night of murder

Quote:
A State Police search of an apartment maintained by former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez a dozen miles from his home uncovered numerous boxes of firearm ammunition and a hooded white sweatshirt possibly worn by Hernandez on the night prosecutors allege he orchestrated the killing of an acquaintance, Odin Lloyd, according to documents on file at Wrentham District Court.

Hernandez has been charged with murder in Lloyd’s slaying, and two associates, Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, face charges in connection with the investigation. Authorities say they have recovered videotape from several security cameras that show Hernandez, Wallace, and Ortiz picking up Lloyd at his home on Fayston Street in Boston early in the morning on June 17, and then driving into a North Attleborough industrial park, where Lloyd’s body was discovered later that day.

“This sweatshirt is consistent in color and type with the sweatshirt that Hernandez is observed to be wearing on surveillance cameras the night of the homicide,” State Police wrote in an affidavit.

The late June searches at the apartment on Old West Central Street in Franklin found five boxes of .45-caliber ammunition, which is the caliber used to kill Lloyd, as well as rifle ammunition and one box of .22-caliber ammunition.

Investigators also found a hat Hernandez may have worn on a night out with Lloyd at a Boston nightclub several days before the murder, and a valet parking ticket from a hotel within walking distance of the nightclub, according to court documents.

The items were among those noted in search warrant “returns,” documents that list what police find in a search.

Ortiz apparently helped lead police to the Franklin apartment, according to the affidavit. Ortiz told police on June 25, the day before Hernandez was arrested, that he was with Hernandez on the day of Lloyd’s murder. He also told them that Hernandez, who lived at a sprawling home in North Attleborough, had another address “that not many people know about,” according to an affidavit.

It wasn’t clear why Hernandez maintained a second residence about 12 miles, or 20 minutes by car, from his home.
Hmmm, did the fiance know about the secret apartment???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #422
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never hurt anyone in my life, but I swear I could do a better job of getting away with it than Hernandez. LOL

Disclaimer: not that want to, of course.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #423
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A Grand Jury has already been convened. The magic word "cocaine" has now entered the picture (no comment by police in what context)........and Hernandez's barber has been called to testify (sometimes men spill their guts with intimate details to their hair "therapists............

Cops cited cocaine in Aaron Hernandez court papers
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #424
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW,

Quote:
nvestigators in the Aaron Hernandez murder case had reportedly hoped to interview his cousin's husband who died early Sunday morning in a high-speed car crash in Bristol, Conn.

Police say 33-year-old Thaddeus Singleton III of Bristol was killed when the car he was driving slammed into the Farmington Country Club early Sunday morning. The Hartford Curant reported that investigators wanted to speak to Singleton because of his relationship with Hernandez.

Singleton is married to Hernandez's cousin, and police say the car involved was registered to Hernandez's uncle. Their home has been searched several times by Massachusetts police investigating a 2012 double homicide linked to the former NFL star.

Police seized a vehicle from that home on Friday.

The cause of the accident has not been determined. Police said a woman in the car was in the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Her name has not been released.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/03/aaron-hernandez-investigators-wanted-to-interview-car-crash-victim-report-says/#ixzz2Y1FMd7zM
Old 07-03-2013   #425
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I've never hurt anyone in my life, but I swear I could do a better job of getting away with it than Hernandez. LOL

I don't know. It might be that he's just gotten away with it so often that he miscalculated how hard he had to try to get away with it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #426
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't know. It might be that he's just gotten away with it so often that he miscalculated how hard he had to try to get away with it.
Old 07-03-2013   #427
JPPT1974
July 4th!

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Hernandez fails the Twitter IQ Test for bangers...

Bet the Pats wished now that they passed on him. Not knowing that he would do what he just did recently.
Old 07-04-2013   #428
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

And if you had, you would probably have forgotten all about it by now
Old 07-04-2013   #429
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like they find more evidence everyday...

And lol and Ortiz rolling on Hernandez. I guess you really can't trust anyone Aaron!
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013   #430
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
And if you had, you would probably have forgotten all about it by now
I have faith that Thorn would have had the sense to hide the stagecoach and musket.
Old 07-04-2013   #431
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Seems like they find more evidence everyday...

And lol and Ortiz rolling on Hernandez. I guess you really can't trust anyone Aaron!
No kidding next they're gonna charge him with killing jonbenet Ramsey and the lindburg baby.
Old 07-04-2013   #432
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

My notes pre-draft didn't have any character red flags on Hernandez anthing like what has come out since so for all those who say "Patriots should have known about this guy" I'm not really sure the background checks revealed what is happening now. This was a special crop of TE's. I thought the world of Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham, then there was Rob Gronkowski, Dennis Pitta who I wanted Texans to draft, Jimmy Graham who was considered a developmental project to our very own Garrett Graham who has done things the right way & managed to hang around now becoming a starter & key cog in Gary Kubiaks offense.

Hernandez won the Mackey award in 2009 given to the nations top TE. My guess is these reports where late in the process after evaluation was completed. Some teams probably did there due diligence & investigated later then took him off their boards or devalued him while the Patriots didn't. I'm sure they will look more seriously @ character from now on This is just a very sad story to say the least.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013   #433
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

As long as college players are protected from themselves for the wrong reasons (for the benefit of the school team), we will continue to see this troublesome pattern when they reach the NFL.

Quote:
In 2007 in Gainesville, Fla., two men were shot and wounded while sitting in their car after an alleged altercation at a nightclub. A third man, Randall Cason, originally identified the shooters as Hernandez, then a freshman football player at Florida, and Reggie Nelson, a former Gator who then played for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Cason later went back on those identifications, and the two were never charged in the case—but, in light of recent events, the cops now want to know a bit more about whether the retraction was a “yeah, I identified the wrong guys” sort of thing or a “let’s keep football players on the field” sort of thing.

Quote:
You’d be excused for thinking that college football has a drinking problem—or, more specifically, a drinking and punching problem. A couple of weeks ago, Florida linebacker Antonio Morrison was charged with battery after he “took issue with the bouncer because of the cover charge” at a Gainesville bar. LSU’s starting quarterback Jordan Jefferson was arrested in 2011 for allegedly kicking a man in the head in a bar fight. Last December three Oregon State players were arrested for assault after an altercation at the ironically named Impulse Bar and Grill. Last October, Texas Tech’s starting center was arrested after a fight at a campus-area bar. Last June, Texas A&M freshman John “Johnny Football” Manziel, then 19, was arrested in the local “bar district” and charged with “fighting, failure to identify himself and carrying two fake licenses,” because you don’t want to be left in the lurch if one of your fakes gets confiscated, am I right?

What happened to these players in the aftermath of their arrests? In all cases, the harshest consequences were avoided. Johnny Manziel was originally suspended by the university for the entire season, a penalty that was later overturned after coach Kevin Sumlin intervened and said that the football program’s “strict internal punishment” of Manziel should be enough. Jordan Jefferson’s suspension was lifted after a grand jury reduced his charges from a felony to a misdemeanor. The criminal charges against the Oregon State players were also quickly reduced to misdemeanors, though all three were suspended for the Beavers’ bowl game. The Texas Tech center, Deveric Gallington, didn’t miss a game after his arrest. Gallington was only charged with misdemeanors. “Don’t worry,” wrote one commenter on redraiders.com. “The powers to be will get this fixed with the DA just like they do with others cases involving football players at TTU.”

And what about Antonio Morrison? Florida Gators sites and message boards have been full of references to Huntley Johnson, a Gainesville attorney who has had great success in getting Gators off the hook; as a 2010 Associated Press profile put it, “[v]irtually every Gator player who hires him stays out of jail.” “Misdemeanor battery? Huntley Johnson will get that dropped by the 4th,” said a commenter on alligatorarmy.com in reference to the Morrison case, and, sure enough, the charges against Morrison were deferred for six months and will likely be dropped.

That brings us back to Aaron Hernandez. Johnson served as Hernandez’s attorney after a different bar fight in 2007, when the then-17-year-old scuffled with a bouncer at a Gainesville tavern. Hernandez's juvenile records are sealed, so it's not been revealed exactly how the case was resolved. It's abundantly clear, though, that nothing serious came of the matter, as always seems to happen when Johnson represents a Gator football player. Maybe something should have come of it. I still believe that the people who claim that Hernandez's collegiate troubles presaged these current murder charges are wrong, mostly. NFL rosters are stocked with players who were crazy in college but settled down once they got older and wealthier. But I'm also starting to believe that it's unhealthy for athletes—or anyone, really—to get accustomed to not getting in trouble for their alleged misdeeds. Maybe facing consequences early in life can help you avoid far graver ones later on down the road.
link

Got to make you think.............
Old 07-04-2013   #434
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 229176 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As long as college players are protected from themselves for the wrong reasons (for the benefit of the school team), we will continue to see this troublesome pattern when they reach the NFL.

link

Got to make you think.............
Somehow to PC Police convinced many parents that "spare the rod, spoil the child" was the better way. Bad behavior with no consequence reinforces bad behavior. Simple.

I'll say another thing, too. If you involve me in a murder, I won't see it as some bond of trust. I'll see it as a threat to my life -- attempted murder of my next 25-to-life. This eludes most of these kids.

If I'm a criminal and you involve me, expect bullets from me.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013   #435
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Somehow to PC Police convinced many parents that "spare the rod, spoil the child" was the better way. Bad behavior with no consequence reinforces bad behavior. Simple.
Spare the rod doesn't mean do not punish the child.

It means do not spank the child, more precisely, do not abuse the child.

There are many people who are productive citizens with no criminal history at all that have never been privy to corporal punishment.
Old 07-04-2013   #436
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I have faith that Thorn would have had the sense to hide the stagecoach and musket.
His age taken into consideration... I just glad that he remembers how to turn on the computer in the morning
Old 07-04-2013   #437
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

The sheriff announced that Hernandez would have no access to TV, internet or WEIGHT ROOM.
Old 07-04-2013   #438
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The sheriff announced that Hernandez would have no access to TV, internet or WEIGHT ROOM.
Push-ups, crunches, and running in place is always available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013   #439
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
With that routine and prison food, I guarantee he ends up 20-30 lbs heavier by the time his trial begins.
Old 07-04-2013   #440
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
There's a lot you can do with a purely body-weight routine, you just have to be creative. And if you're locked into a cell, you've got plenty of time to get creative.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read