Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2013   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing does his Teammate no Favors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Looks like OP has way too much time on their hands... might I suggest a second job, or a hobby? Bring on the glorious football season, the thread title is totally misleading LOL
I think the OP has a Skip Bayless wannabe complex.
Old 07-03-2013   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Then there is this:
"Watt has played two seasons. Two. Watt could become a lot of things. He might one day pilot a starship, too."
"This is about history. This is about respecting it."

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daKtJ?u...houston-texans
Old 07-03-2013   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Saying that it's disrespectful to say that someone could be the GOAT by the time his career is over is just silly. He's already had one of the greatest seasons by a lineman ever. If he can keep it up, he'll be the GOAT.

How is that disrespectful? I just don't see it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #24
Brett
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Brett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Let them try to stop JJ. The more they slide protection to stopping a 5-tech, the more Trevardo, Antonio, Brooks, Brian, and Whitney can get free from elsewhere on the front.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Then there is this:
"Watt has played two seasons. Two. Watt could become a lot of things. He might one day pilot a starship, too."
"This is about history. This is about respecting it."

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daKtJ?u...houston-texans
JJ has done nothing to indicate he has any interest in piloting a starship. On the other hand, he just had arguably the best season and NFL Defensive Lineman has ever had. I'm pretty certain JJ respects history, but I'm 100% positive he has made history.
Old 07-03-2013   #26
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
J.J. Watt’s breakout 2012 season is regarded by Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips as the best year by a defensive lineman in NFL history. That’s fitting considering one of Watt’s teammates believes the 24-year-old could become the greatest defensive player to ever play the game.

In an podcast interview with ESPN.com’s John Clayton, Brian Cushing, a stellar defensive player himself, said he thinks the sky is the limit for Watt.

“The things that he’s going to be able to accomplish are unbelievable,” Cushing said. “When you talk about the potential that he has of really being the greatest defensive player ever, he could be. I know that’s very premature but he’s that kind of player.

“I think if he just keeps doing what he’s doing and obviously stays healthy, he’s on that track.”

Watt, who revealed in April that he wasn’t completely healthy in 2012, put up eye-popping stats on his way to winning the Defensive Player of the Year award: league-best 20.5 sacks, 81 tackles (42 for a loss), 16 passes deflected and four forced fumbles.

“He’s incredible. There’s no other word for him,” Cushing said. “He’s one of those guys that he’s truly the best at what he does. Just the combination of speed, the power, how he plays, his endurance, his smarts … the scary part is it’s his second year. He hasn’t even hit his peak yet.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...pid=sportshcat
Normally reserved and prudent with his remarks to the point of being reticent, looks like Cushing is flapping his gums and making comments about JJ Watt that will just tend to put his teammate under even more pressure this upcoming season than the reigning defensive player of the year would expect to face. These are the types of comments by a players teammate that will just fire-up even more every player on every offensive line who will play across from Watt this season.
I don't even know where to begin with this post.. wtf?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #27
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
J.J. Watt’s breakout 2012 season is regarded by Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips as the best year by a defensive lineman in NFL history. That’s fitting considering one of Watt’s teammates believes the 24-year-old could become the greatest defensive player to ever play the game.

In an podcast interview with ESPN.com’s John Clayton, Brian Cushing, a stellar defensive player himself, said he thinks the sky is the limit for Watt.

“The things that he’s going to be able to accomplish are unbelievable,” Cushing said. “When you talk about the potential that he has of really being the greatest defensive player ever, he could be. I know that’s very premature but he’s that kind of player.

“I think if he just keeps doing what he’s doing and obviously stays healthy, he’s on that track.”

Watt, who revealed in April that he wasn’t completely healthy in 2012, put up eye-popping stats on his way to winning the Defensive Player of the Year award: league-best 20.5 sacks, 81 tackles (42 for a loss), 16 passes deflected and four forced fumbles.

“He’s incredible. There’s no other word for him,” Cushing said. “He’s one of those guys that he’s truly the best at what he does. Just the combination of speed, the power, how he plays, his endurance, his smarts … the scary part is it’s his second year. He hasn’t even hit his peak yet.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...pid=sportshcat
Normally reserved and prudent with his remarks to the point of being reticent, looks like Cushing is flapping his gums and making comments about JJ Watt that will just tend to put his teammate under even more pressure this upcoming season than the reigning defensive player of the year would expect to face. These are the types of comments by a players teammate that will just fire-up even more every player on every offensive line who will play across from Watt this season.
ooh someone is flapping their gums for sure

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

More shenanigans from our press. LOL

Is it just me, or is this particular off season really dragging?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

It feels like it took me a week just to read that last sentence.

Old 07-03-2013   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It feels like it took me a week just to read that last sentence.

Right! And I keep making things worse by re-watching last season's games. Started watching the playoff game with the Pats last night. I got pissed and went to bed. There were so many missed opportunities in the 1st half it made me sick. The dropped pass by Casey. Schaub's poorly thrown ball to a wide open AJ in the endzone....ugh!
Old 07-03-2013   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Right! And I keep making things worse by re-watching last season's games. Started watching the playoff game with the Pats last night. I got pissed and went to bed. There were so many missed opportunities in the 1st half it made me sick. The dropped pass by Casey. Schaub's poorly thrown ball to a wide open AJ in the endzone....ugh!
Right now, I'm only watching the good games. And mostly, just the Short Cuts version.
Old 07-03-2013   #32
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

When does training camp start again? Seems like this has been the longest offseason ever.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #33
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Wade pretty much say the same exact thing last season?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #34
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
Wow most Texans fans are pumped about cush comments.

I don't believe it will be a surprise to opposing offenses that JJ is a mf beast and hes coming for your lunch money if you aren't on your A game. Cush didn't suddenly make everyone aware that's for sure.
OR, even if you are, perhaps.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013   #35
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right now, I'm only watching the good games. And mostly, just the Short Cuts version.
I had to have my AT&T receiver replaced shortly after mid-season, so the good games are kinda slim pickings. Or, I've watched them enough to where I know exactly what's going to happen
Old 07-05-2013   #36
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see a single thing wrong with what Cushing said praising Watt.

I just read a short article that I happened by where the writer was bashing Cushing for not respecting all-time greats, stating that Watt has only played for 2 years. The key though is that Cushing said "COULD." Watt COULD become the greatest ever. Anybody who saw what Watt did last year and recognizes that word "COULD" will either agree with Cushing or is biased against Watt himself, Houston, the Texans, white athletes, or anybody who has played in the last 20 years.

After the season Watt had last year as a sophomore, his teammates owe him nothing less than to talk about him in that light. If Joe-Blow from another team isn't quite as impressed, who cares?....but this is his teammate, and he earned it.

PS-Watt can return the favor when Cushing & Reed help make this the best D the NFL has seen in 10 years.

Last edited by HJam72; 07-05-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: PS
HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Quote:
Did you guys DVR (I almost said "tape") all the games or is there a site where they can be found?

I need a fix myself...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013   #38
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh I dunno, how 'bout something along these lines: "JJ is already one of the best defensive players in the NFL after only 2 seasons, and he's totally invaluable to our defense, really to the whole team". Isn't that pretty solid praise, but instead Cushing goes on to say we might be looking at a guy who will become the best ever to play defense. Talk about bulletin board material a team can put up for all of its guards and centers to read and get fired up about when they go up against JJ. He's already on everybodys radar for 2013, why give the opposing offensive linemen even more incentive to take him out of the game or atleast minimize his production.

You are off your rocker dude. Nothing Cushing said would put JJ any higher on anyone's radar.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Did you guys DVR (I almost said "tape") all the games or is there a site where they can be found?

I need a fix myself...
I DVR every preseason and regular game
Old 07-05-2013   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh I dunno, how 'bout something along these lines: "JJ is already one of the best defensive players in the NFL after only 2 seasons, and he's totally invaluable to our defense, really to the whole team". Isn't that pretty solid praise, but instead Cushing goes on to say we might be looking at a guy who will become the best ever to play defense. Talk about bulletin board material a team can put up for all of its guards and centers to read and get fired up about when they go up against JJ. He's already on everybodys radar for 2013, why give the opposing offensive linemen even more incentive to take him out of the game or atleast minimize his production.
There.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read