Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013   #11
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 510 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Since this premise (that the Texans would trade Watt for Luck straight up) - as well as my opposing one (the Texans would NOT make that trade) - are equally unproveable I guess we'll have to call this a draw.

I'll reiterate, Watt is a demonstrated talent, who as the season progressed became the one guy who had to be game planned for ...and STILL he exceled. He may well be the first Texan into the Hall of Fame (I know, I know... it should be A.J. but the HoF voters seem to diss WRs)

Luck is a could-be/should be star who was drafted high, with much ballyhoo, but, stat-wise anyway, was kind of a bust.

As someone else pointed out, premier pass-rushers are just as hard to come by as premier passers. Whether you'd trade one to get the other straight up (thereby leaving a big@$$ hole no matter which one you lose) is a function of where your team is perceived to be lacking.

Kubiak & McNair seem to have faith in Schaub. At the moment. I doubt they'd trade Watt for Luck at this point in time.

If we still had Carr as our starter, you'd have a much better argument.
Sorry to revive a dated thread that is nothing but message board fantasy stuff but it is the off season and I am bored.

How about asking the question this way - if all 4 AFC South teams were starting over and had their choice of any player, who goes first - Luck or Watt? Personally, I think the answer is pretty clear.

The reality is both teams have a young player who is or will be special.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read