Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-24-2013   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Five Years of PFF Grades: Top 10 Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He'd have to get an SuperBowl MVP to make him a "first ballot" HoFer.
Or atleast on a SB winning team, but you know that shouldn't be the case at all.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #22
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There was an article in Indy about a month ago arguing his case. He will be in discussions but I think falls short. He has consistently been in lists of top 10 or elite receivers but I don't recall anyone pushing him as the best WR in any season even in the season he led the league in receiving yards.
Yes, that's the conundrum. He's always been thought of as very, very good, but I don't know that he's every been thought of as great.

But, he has 6 pro-bowls, 1 all-pro, and has been top-3 in receptions twice and yards four times.

He's also, now, 10th all-time in receptions, 14th in receiving yards, and 24th in receiving touchdowns (with 10 more TD he would be 11th). If he puts up 75% of the season he put up last season, he would be 7th, 8th, and 21st, respectively. If he matches last season, he would be 7th, 7th, and 20th respectively.

It's extremely likely, if not certain, he ends his career top 10 in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TD.

I'd have an extremely tough time not voting for him.
Old 06-27-2013   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Tim Brown, Andre Reed, Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce. And those are just the guys who have been retired long enough to start having their ballots come up (notable exceptions being Brown and Reed). And then there's guys like Hines Ward, who should not get in, but possibly will because there is no God, and then there's Andre's competition: Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Steve Smith.

So yeah, that's a lot of WR's to figure out who gets into the hall and who doesn't. I don't think Andre or Wayne are any kind of lock to go at this point in their careers.
Old 06-27-2013   #24
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Tim Brown, Andre Reed, Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce. And those are just the guys who have been retired long enough to start having their ballots come up (notable exceptions being Brown and Reed). And then there's guys like Hines Ward, who should not get in, but possibly will because there is no God, and then there's Andre's competition: Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Steve Smith.

So yeah, that's a lot of WR's to figure out who gets into the hall and who doesn't. I don't think Andre or Wayne are any kind of lock to go at this point in their careers.
Moss played last season so he's on the couch waiting 4 more years, eh?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read