Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-27-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default I miss our sucky team

Actually, I'm just wanting to broaden my horizons. So I thought it be cool to join the MB of another team & try to participate in more football conversation.

I don't want to get on the Patriots board (Hernandez/Tebow burnout).... & I'm really curious about the outlook & expectations of some teams with "little" to look forward to. I was thinking Miami.....

but I was wondering who you might suggest. I don't want to spend time on a Jags/Tits board, don't really want anything that might turn "controversial" Just some team not in the AFC South.
Old 06-27-2013   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I miss our sucky team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Actually, I'm just wanting to broaden my horizons. So I thought it be cool to join the MB of another team & try to participate in more football conversation.

I don't want to get on the Patriots board (Hernandez/Tebow burnout).... & I'm really curious about the outlook & expectations of some teams with "little" to look forward to. I was thinking Miami.....

but I was wondering who you might suggest. I don't want to spend time on a Jags/Tits board, don't really want anything that might turn "controversial" Just some team not in the AFC South.
I know its not necessarily team specific, but football futures has a solid NFL forum set up if you haven't been.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/
Tailgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Cleveland Browns - I think they have some good pieces in place and talk about being a sucky team. They're the definition of it. I see them vastly improving plus the division has come down...even with the SB winner in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #4
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Cleveland Browns - I think they have some good pieces in place and talk about being a sucky team. They're the definition of it. I see them vastly improving plus the division has come down...even with the SB winner in there.
This.

OR MAybe the Rams if you want an up and coming team.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #5
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

If you join the Tampa Bay forums, you may run into Hookem Horns there.

I've always been curious about the Buffalo fanbase. How large is the fan base these days? How many of them are actually from Buffalo?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post

I've always been curious about the Buffalo fanbase. How large is the fan base these days? How many of them are actually from Buffalo?
There were 2.615 million Bills fans in 2011.

Well, that was the population of Toronto anyway.
Old 06-28-2013   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the browns would probably be an interesting choice. they're perpetually bringing in young and potentially exciting talent. they go through a new coach and quarterback every other year. they're just lovable losers with a very loyal fan base.

a houstonian may also have fun there because most browns fans i've talked to have a soft spot for their old afc north rival.
Old 06-28-2013   #8
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still keep a candle blowing for my 1st love, the Raiders. Gives me all the suckiness I need!
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Try the chefs - no, not Paula Deen - the K.C. team who used to regularly kick the Oilers' butts back in the 80s-90s. They're in rebuild mode and might be an interesting soap opera to keep an eye on. Would have had even more entertainment value had Winston stayed up there.

Buffalo, as someone mentioned, is another you might watch. It might be interesting to see if the Mario "honeymoon" is over...

Just don't be condescending. Karma shows no mercy.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are bandwagoners, and then there is Thunderkyss getting bored with his good team, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: I miss our sucky team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
There were 2.615 million Bills fans in 2011.

Well, that was the population of Toronto anyway.
And they keep shoving them down our throats They actually believe we owe them our allegiance. They're more arrogant than the Dallas Cowboys up here.
Old 06-30-2013   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Yeah, I don't post much at all but observe this board from time to time.

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php

The Bucs have a ton of potential and it's all resting on the shoulders of Josh Freeman. It really seems they have all of the pieces together now that they have bolstered the secondary. The question is if Freeman can start playing consistent. At times he looks great and at other times he looks horrible.

They are fun to watch, especially Doug Martin.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read