Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-27-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: ESPN: Future power rankings (Texans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
They are giving the QB too much weight for my money.
I agree.
Old 06-28-2013   #22
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If this little mental masturbation exercise is indeed about the probability of future success, shouldn't a team's draft history and front office stability carry more weight than they're giving them?

They are giving the QB too much weight for my money. Do they reeeeally think 40-year old Peyton, or Brady, will be as effective in '16 as they were last year?? Or that Kaepernick or Russell Wilson or RGIII won't get knocked out and/or decline (see Michael Vick) in performance between now and then. At the very least defensive coordinators will figure out how to game plan effectively for them by then.
Sorry, if this Buy/Sell, I'm selling.
I am in the camp this overall exercise is just something to do during the most boring time of the NFL calendar, but largely you
have an average to ok veteran and two dudes who have truly need to prove to be even legitimate back-ups. Teams hoping that their young dude is the real deal and can avoid injury are in way better shape that hoping Yates or Case turn even into a Schuab level QB or hoping that the right guy falls in the draft or the right free agents signs with Texans or another Schuab is laying in wait for trade. The Texans long-term QB(see 2016) situation is pretty bleak based on what there now.

On top of that, by 2016 both foster and Johnson are probably not playing at high levels and if this piece is correct not even under contract. This means the Texans will have to replace a top 5 RB, top 5 WR in addition to replacing a nice complimentary TE in Daniels.

On the positive, the Texans have a ton of young bodies on both defensive front seven and the OL. With proper and continued development, both of those could be top of the league units.

Without young even semi-proven difference makers at QB,RB and WR (obviously the most hope here), I can't fault the long-term view of averageness as much as I want coming from ESPN
Old 06-28-2013   #23
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what "experts" say.

After all, as the saying goes. "experts built the Titanic, an amateur built the Ark. "

No matter what any ranking says, being a Texans fan in their worst season is STILL better than being a Cowboys fan in their best.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read