Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-31-2013   #41
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nfl Network:Top 100 players of 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
48. Duane Brown

First of 4 Texans on the list.
Who are the other ones? I guess Foster, AJ and Watt? I'd have liked to see JoJo, Cushing somewhere on the list. But I guess Cushings season was too short and JoJo kinda had an off year...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013   #42
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Who are the other ones? I guess Foster, AJ and Watt? I'd have liked to see JoJo, Cushing somewhere on the list. But I guess Cushings season was too short and JoJo kinda had an off year...
I agree. I don't see any other Texans making the list. Watt better be in the top 5.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013   #43
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. I don't see any other Texans making the list. Watt better be in the top 5.
Best non-QB?
Old 05-31-2013   #44
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Best non-QB?
Best defensive player, anyway. I don't know if he is voted ahead of Peterson or Megatron.
Old 06-01-2013   #45
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
I always wonder how they vote for this. I thought I read somewhere that they just ballot players on their top 20 as top 100 would be too lengthy and get the results from that but I highly doubt anybody would have dennis pitta in the top 20 of anything other than TE's
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Apparently, you're mistaken.
apparently, im not
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #46
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
apparently, im not
Yes. You are.

I never specified WHAT you were mistaken about. So being mistaken about being mistaken is still being mistaken.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Best defensive player, anyway. I don't know if he is voted ahead of Peterson or Megatron.
I think they've said on the NFL Network that AP was #1 on this list. If Watt doesn't even make the list last year (Which is fair since he basically quadrupled his stats from his rookie season, to his sophmore season), and gets all the way to the top 10 or top 5, that has to be one of the biggest jumps in stature since they started doing this top 100 thing a few years ago right?
Old 06-07-2013   #48
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Best non-QB?
That's probably a better expectation than top 5.
Old 06-18-2013   #49
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know how many more Texans are gonna be on the list? I'm thinking, AJ, Watt, and Arian.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #50
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Anyone know how many more Texans are gonna be on the list? I'm thinking, AJ, Watt, and Arian.
4 Texans including Brown, the other 3 have not been revealed yet.

EDIT: It's the 3 you named. I cannot fathom them having any other Texans that high.
Old 06-19-2013   #51
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

My bet is AJ and Arian will be on this week. Arian at least for sure. AJ was #8 a couple seasons and like #19 or so even after his injured season, so with a bounceback season like he had i wouldn't be shocked if he was in the top 10 again. JJ should be #2 or 3 imo. I could make an argument for #1 for sure but i'll pay my respects to AD, and i'm sure a QB will be ahead of him.
Old 06-20-2013   #52
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 22184 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre in at # 14
Old 06-20-2013   #53
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Top 10 based upon those yet to be named:

1) Adrian Peterson
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Calvin Johnson
5) JJ Watt
6) Aaron Rodgers
7) Von Miller
8) Patrick Willis
9) Arian Foster
10) Aldon Smith
Old 06-24-2013   #54
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Ed Reed count as a Texan yet? If so, Arian might have missed the cut. I don`t believe so though. I think top 10 (and higher than AJ) is a bit high for Foster (would have believed to see him in the 10-20 range), but leaving him out altogether would be blasphemy.

Will be interesting to see, who claims the Nr.1 spot. Peterson, Brady and Watt each have a shot I think. I don`t believe Manning or CJ3 will be up there. It would be great if somehow the league recognizes the best season ever by a defensive lineman and give him the top spot!
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013   #55
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Does Ed Reed count as a Texan yet? If so, Arian might have missed the cut. I don`t believe so though. I think top 10 (and higher than AJ) is a bit high for Foster (would have believed to see him in the 10-20 range), but leaving him out altogether would be blasphemy.
They've already released the names of the top 10 players - just not the order. It's the 10 included in Lucky's post immediately preceding yours.

Quote:
The NFL Network's yearly Top 100 Players list has, per usual, generated plenty of buzz. Players vote on their peers, run their mouths when they don't like their ranking and, because it's football and a list of people, folks get all worked up about it. And now they're down to the final 10, announcing the names of the players on the list, though not the order they're in yet.

Alphabetically, the top 10 NFL players from 2012 (as voted on by their peers) are: Tom Brady, Arian Foster, Calvin Johnson, Peyton Manning, Von Miller, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt and Patrick Willis.
LINK
Old 06-24-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I know we can't wait to kick him out the door, but I'm genuinely shocked that Matt Schaub did not make this list.
Old 06-24-2013   #57
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know we can't wait to kick him out the door, but I'm genuinely shocked that Matt Schaub did not make this list.
The ending of last season really sticks with Schaub and most people remember that as how he played last year. Harder to recall QB play earlier in the season.
Old 06-24-2013   #58
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Heard a Dallas radio station talk today about how Romo didn't make the list, and they brought up Schaub as well. Their point was that both of these QB's are in the top 10 in passer rating (Romo - 4, Schaub - 8) in the regular season, but neither has done enough in the playoffs.
Old 06-24-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Heard a Dallas radio station talk today about how Romo didn't make the list, and they brought up Schaub as well. Their point was that both of these QB's are in the top 10 in passer rating (Romo - 4, Schaub - 8) in the regular season, but neither has done enough in the playoffs.
At least Schaub was on a winning team. Can't say the same for Stafford or Cam Newton. I'm not saying Schaub is a better QB than either of them, or that they should be off the list & Schaub in.... just saying if they're on the list, Schaub should be on the list.

I can understand Brees, Eli, & Roethlisberger being on the list based on how good they've been for as long as they have... but Newton & Stafford? Not so much.
Old 06-24-2013   #60
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
At least Schaub was on a winning team. Can't say the same for Stafford or Cam Newton. I'm not saying Schaub is a better QB than either of them, or that they should be off the list & Schaub in.... just saying if they're on the list, Schaub should be on the list.

I can understand Brees, Eli, & Roethlisberger being on the list based on how good they've been for as long as they have... but Newton & Stafford? Not so much.
I agree.

It may have been in this thread, or it may have been somewhere else, but I read that the players get to list their top 20, not top 100. So, basically, enough players have to think a player belongs in top 20 for them to make the list. That's another thing to keep in mind.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read