Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-22-2013   #61
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67472 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What are realistic projections for DeAndre Hopkins?

Realistic projections?

Hard work, dedication, team-oriented play.

That is all I want.
Old 06-24-2013   #62
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I wondered about Foster. Still don't get it.
Things I heard talk about this:

1. He already was getting a lot of touches, so an attempt to limit.

2. He did some uncustomary drops at bad times.

3. Some of the targets that would have otherwise gone to Foster went to James Casey instead. That likely won't happen this year.

4. Think teams are very much keying on Foster because Foster. Makes it harder to slip out, surprise anyone.
Old 06-24-2013   #63
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This. All this system talk, etc., last year our young WR's failed when trusted. I am sorry but 40% completions is unacceptable. HC, OC, QB aren't going to keep throwing the ball to 40% options when they have 80% options.
Ding ding ding.

I think that may also be one of the reasons why when given the choice of any WR on the planet other than Austin, they went to Hopkins.

Real receiver hands. Don't matter what flash you got if you can't catch the blasted football.
Old 06-26-2013   #64
GoCoogs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respected

Daniel Jeremiah thinks he will catch at least 60 passes this season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iters_jeremiah Houston Texans

Quote:
3) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans: For the past 10 seasons, Andre Johnson has been as productive as just about any wide receiver in the NFL. He's caught more than 800 balls and eclipsed 11,000 receiving yards. That's quite impressive, considering he's never had a legitimate No. 2 wideout to keep opposing defenses honest. Enter Hopkins. The former Clemson receiver broke the ACC's single-season record for receiving touchdowns with 18 last fall and his combination of short-area quickness and ball skills will be a welcome addition to the Texans' passing attack. He should start right away and post 60-plus catches during his rookie campaign.
GoCoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #65
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
Daniel Jeremiah thinks he will catch at least 60 passes this season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iters_jeremiah Houston Texans
I seriously need to temper my expectations with Hopkins. If someone predicted 70 receptions and 1,000+yds, I would not argue with them.

*disclaimer* I said I wouldn't argue with the prediction, but that is NOT my prediction.
My numbers from an earlier post in this thread:
44 receptions
587 yards
13.33 Avg
4 TDs

(seems a little conservative, in retrospect...)
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read