Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-22-2012   #61
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The roof has a marginal effect. The excitement of the crowd has a far greater one. JMO.
That's how I feel about it. The stadium in Seattle is open air and is one of the loudest in the NFL. Sitting in the bull pen you can tell before anyone even scores what mood the crowd is in. It's almost like if the crowd is confident then we win, if the crowd feels like we are going to lose that feeling spreads throughout the stadium and consequently we win.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #62
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
''From a video perspective, we will be able to provide the fans similar or even better than they have in their homes from a video presentation,'' Rootes said. ''We will have the clarity of high definition for the first time. This is the type of board that will pay dividends for us for years to come.''
The Texans wanted the screens to remain in the end zones as to not take away from the action on the field.
''That's where we want the primary focus,'' Rootes said of the field. ''But during break in the action, we'll have that available up in each end zone for the fans.''
The new boards will also have the capability to access a number of different feeds, allowing highlights from games outside of the stadium to be shown, which wasn't possible in the past. They'll also have statistics from the Texans game as well as scores and statistics from around the league on the boards.
Another addition will be a new slow-motion instant replay machine that will have four extra camera angles for replays.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texans-...1583--nfl.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #63
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston TexansThe demolition of the Reliant Stadium videoboards is underway. Each videoboard is comprised of 1,170 panels that are 18x18 inches & 35lbs each!*
Learn about the new videoboard:*http://bit.ly/WpH0b3
Check out the renderings:*http://bit.ly/14tDrc5
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #64
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/01/21/54096.htm

I'm certainly not asking for all monitors either but it would be in everyone's best interest not to go from having captioning to none.

Don't drop the ball, Texans!!
Old 06-15-2013   #65
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

one more to go..

Old 06-21-2013   #66
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 06-21-2013   #67
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder how it will be configured...
How much screen real estate for the game and how much for ads and such...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Our Scoreboard is larger overall than the Cowboys'. However, I wonder if the Cowboys' screen is not of better viewing dimensions.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #69
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Our Scoreboard is larger overall than the Cowboys'. However, I wonder if the Cowboys' screen is not of better viewing dimensions.

The Cowboys screen is 16:9, so the modern TV picture fits into that screen perfectly and fills it. I'm sure the middle portion (as close to 16:9 as is practical) of the new Texans boards will be used for video, and the rest will be used for ads, stats, etc. So, the TV picture size itself will be smaller than at the Cowboys stadium.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #70
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
The Cowboys screen is 16:9, so the modern TV picture fits into that screen perfectly and fills it. I'm sure the middle portion (as close to 16:9 as is practical) of the new Texans boards will be used for video, and the rest will be used for ads, stats, etc. So, the TV picture size itself will be smaller than at the Cowboys stadium.
Substantially smaller if you extropolate the 16:9 from the illustration above.
Old 06-21-2013   #71
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is that I see the closed captioning screen was removed.

*paces back and forth nervously*
Old 06-22-2013   #72
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Substantially smaller if you extropolate the 16:9 from the illustration above.
Yes, and I don't really have a problem with that. That giant TV at the Cowboys stadium is a distraction, IMO, and makes it very challenging to watch the game on the field rather than on TV, unless you're sitting in the lower level.

The Reliant video boards are in the end zones rather than right in front of your eyes, so there shouldn't be a problem with distracting fans from actually watching the action on the field.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
All I know is that I see the closed captioning screen was removed.

*paces back and forth nervously*
I doubt the closed captioning will go away. Like they're saying, the thing is too wide to display any "reasonable" resolution. Some of the screen is going to be used for advertising. Some of it will be used for the closed captioning.

The actual replay will only be marginally bigger than it is now.
Old 06-22-2013   #74
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I doubt the closed captioning will go away. Like they're saying, the thing is too wide to display any "reasonable" resolution. Some of the screen is going to be used for advertising. Some of it will be used for the closed captioning.

The actual replay will only be marginally bigger than it is now.
Judging by the scale, I'd suspect a 100% increase. (twice as tall, teh remaining width for other uses)
Old 06-25-2013   #75
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, but has there been any information about the stadium potentially getting WiFi? It is something that it desperately needs. If I fail to set up my fantasy lineup or a surprise injury comes up, I wouldn't be able to change it and that's happened before. I know some people will say you should be there to watch the game and I agree, but for timeouts and halftime having access to my nfl redzone or my fantasy teams would be nice.
Old 06-25-2013   #76
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
From what I understand, the ads will be basically the same as before... Only digitalized. Bummer I know. But im sure they can break away from them every now and then to show off its true potential
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #77
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, but has there been any information about the stadium potentially getting WiFi? It is something that it desperately needs. If I fail to set up my fantasy lineup or a surprise injury comes up, I wouldn't be able to change it and that's happened before. I know some people will say you should be there to watch the game and I agree, but for timeouts and halftime having access to my nfl redzone or my fantasy teams would be nice.
McNair mentioned Wifi when they did the press conference after getting the Superbowl awarded.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
McNair mentioned Wifi when they did the press conference after getting the Superbowl awarded.
Even though Goodell has said that the goal was to have every NFL stadium delivering free Wi-Fi to their fans, only 8 have any semblance of the service as of the end of 2012 [New England Patriots, New York Jets and the Giants (who share MetLife Stadium), the Atlanta Falcons, the Indianapolis Colts, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the New Orleans Saints, the Carolina Panthers and the Miami Dolphins]. Gillette Stadium is the only Stadium to date which can deliver Wi-Fi throughout the stadium. There are many problems to overcome.........and it is expensive.........which we all know will be passed on to the fans. The Patriots tickets were the 2nd most expensive in the league last year........only 10 cents less expensive than the most expensive Jets tickets.

NFL dangles apps and Wi-Fi to boost lagging attendance

Quote:
Bringing in Wi-Fi and a ton of multimedia bling sounds promising. Here's the catch: Delivering that experience to 70,000 fans packed into a relatively small area is extremely tricky. If you've ever tried texting, calling or -- God help you -- uploading a photo to Facebook (FB) while you're at a game or concert, you're aware of the problem. Washington's wireless networks jammed during President Obama's 2009 inauguration, and planners are braced for a repeat of that during his second inauguration on Monday.

Smartphones quickly become dumb phones when tens of thousands of people all try to access the same cell towers simultaneously.

Streaming video to individual devices throughout an entire football stadium requires hundreds of radios strategically placed throughout the arena, perfectly aimed and calibrated so they won't interfere with other equipment. A poorly placed radio could wipe out Wi-Fi for an entire section, as could radios placed close to television broadcast equipment.

The Patriots hired networking solutions provider Enterasys -- a Cisco (CSCO, Fortune 500) competitor -- to build their network.

Enterasys essentially treated Gillette as a medium-sized town squashed into a tiny, dense area. It created a mini-Internet service provider (like a Comcast (CMCSA) or Time Warner Cable (TWC, Fortune 500)) inside the stadium, including a networking core that connects directly to the Internet. Enterasys custom-designed 300 Wi-Fi access points and snaked thousands of feet of cable throughout the venue.

It's a multi-million dollar project that many bigger names expressed interest in, but no other competitors were willing to guarantee the results, according to the Patriots' Kraft. The network at Gillette has performed well throughout the season, he said. It peaked at 10,000 people using the Wi-Fi simultaneously during last Sunday's playoff win against the Houston Texans, with no service disruptions.
Old 06-25-2013   #79
Premier
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Yes, and I don't really have a problem with that. That giant TV at the Cowboys stadium is a distraction, IMO, and makes it very challenging to watch the game on the field rather than on TV, unless you're sitting in the lower level.

The Reliant video boards are in the end zones rather than right in front of your eyes, so there shouldn't be a problem with distracting fans from actually watching the action on the field.
thats the prbelm at toyota center, had seats in a suite and i would catch myself watching the game on the screen. despite telling myself to watch the action on the court, i kept staring at that screen..

theres a video on HT.com demonstrating exactly how it will handle the live video and it still looks great..
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...8-e19e1183dbaf
Old 06-25-2013   #80
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
thats the prbelm at toyota center, had seats in a suite and i would catch myself watching the game on the screen. despite telling myself to watch the action on the court, i kept staring at that screen..

theres a video on HT.com demonstrating exactly how it will handle the live video and it still looks great..
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...8-e19e1183dbaf
Not bad... looks (to me anyway) like a 20-60-20 split. The center 60% has the game action and the two 20% sections have ads, player info, down/distance/crowd noise "suggestions?" on them.
This newfangled thingie might just work.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read