Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2013   #41
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Draft Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What makes him so certain?...
His opinions are unique in the small crowd that actually see the minicamps & OTAs. Just dead season fodder until training camp.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #42
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I hope we sign a vet Nose, ILB and WR. If Hopkins does not have the rookie year we all hope, it may be a long season. I am not as concerned with ILb as I am with Mitchell at the nose with basically no one behind him.
Desmond Bishop is free...just sayin.
Old 06-18-2013   #43
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with trying to stash Case on the PS again is I don't think he will clear waivers this time and then we will be left with McGee? Other teams are aware of what Kubes has been saying about him and how he has improved from last year. I think he's on our roster or he'll be on another team.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #44
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
The problem with trying to stash Case on the PS again is I don't think he will clear waivers this time and then we will be left with McGee? Other teams are aware of what Kubes has been saying about him and how he has improved from last year. I think he's on our roster or he'll be on another team.
There was just a whole lot of that exact sentiment last season. It didn't happen then and my gut says if he lands on the PS again, that's where he'll safely land. JMO, of course.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Desmond Bishop is free...just sayin.
Rip here is my post on my June 1st cut thread located page two of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Desmond Bishop is rumored to be on the trade block.

Ok, great, this is what I am looking for.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...desmond-bishop

2010 & 2011 very good stats & supposedly ready for this season after hammy and 28 YOA $3.5m for '13 & '14.

Do we have anything to trade?

Rip, since he is cut we don't have to trade anything but do need to create cap space which can be done. I would like to have him.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
There was just a whole lot of that exact sentiment last season. It didn't happen then and my gut says if he lands on the PS again, that's where he'll safely land. JMO, of course.
The unknown is if Gary thinks Keenum is better than Yates will be, does he gamble with him on PS?
Old 06-18-2013   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The unknown is if Gary thinks Keenum is better than Yates will be, does he gamble with him on PS?
Honestly, I think both will be on the 53 this year...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly, I think both will be on the 53 this year...
Agreed. Yates is a solid backup and could be a starter for someone after another season. Good news is Yates has 2 seasons left at less than $700K each making him a tantalyzing chess piece if he gets better. Wonder if someone would give two seconds for him after 2013?

Last edited by badboy; 06-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Yates is a solid backup and could be a starter for someone after another season. Good news is Yates has 2 seasons left at less than $700K each making him a tantalyzing chess piece if he gets better. Wonder if someone would give two seconds for him after 2103?
Is Yates going to come in and beat New England with 300 yds passing, 3 TD's and no INT's?
Old 06-18-2013   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Is Yates going to come in and beat New England with 300 yds passing, 3 TD's and no INT's?
uh..maybe? Does he have to? Not sure of your point.
Old 06-18-2013   #51
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
uh..maybe? Does he have to? Not sure of your point.
I was joking mainly. That is what Schaub did to grab trade attention and ultimately the 2 2nd's.
Old 06-18-2013   #52
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Falcons lost that game 31-28. Matt did play an outstanding game though. His record as a starter with the Falcons was 0-2
Old 06-18-2013   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
I was joking mainly. That is what Schaub did to grab trade attention and ultimately the 2 2nd's.
After I posted I thought that was where you were going. I actually doubt we would get that but...
Old 06-18-2013   #54
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not seeing this. Now if Case comes in during preseason and "lights it up" and looks head and shoulders above TJ, then I could possibly see it. But, it's going to have to take an awful lot for Case to jump ahead of TJ and that's what I think will have to happen for him to make the roster. I still think he ends up on the PS and I think he'll be safe there for another year.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The problem with trying to stash Case on the PS again is I don't think he will clear waivers this time...
If Kevin Sumlin were coming into the league I would think that would be a concern. If not Sumlin, one of the offensive coaches from UH when Keenum was there or one of our coaches who worked closely with Keenum while he was here.

I don't think there are (m)any coaches in the NFL that fits the bill.

There are way too many QBs out there for these coaches to fall in love with. I doubt anyone but us are "excited" about Keenum's "progress"

That said, if Kubiak cuts him again, then Kubiak doesn't think much of him. Good enough to keep around for JjWatt to chase during practice, but little more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read