Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013   #161
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Its no secret that CS is a ****hole and there is a reason why most people leave once they graduate. JM just let his emotions get the best of him, and maybe some alcohol was involved.
Haters gonna hate.
Old 06-17-2013   #162
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 117612 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'd be pissed. But I can promise without reservation that I wouldn't tweet what he tweeted. I guess it started with Facebook, but people today feel the need to inform as many hundreds or thousands of people as they can that they are currently frustrated, happy, hungry, horny, bored, or any variety of other transient emotion that crosses their mind.
It makes him and every other cry baby look like a sorry little gossiping school girl. Somebody send jonny football a link to the texans talk random thought of the day thread.
Old 06-17-2013   #163
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Haters gonna hate.
College Station is great if you're starting a family or into country culture. If not, it's just another town.
Old 06-17-2013   #164
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Its no secret that CS is a ****hole and there is a reason why most people leave once they graduate. JM just let his emotions get the best of him, and maybe some alcohol was involved.
Quote:
Haters gonna hate.
Exactly Stemp!!! "Haters gonna Hate!!"

BCS is awesome!!! I had plenty of fun there!!!!

Blake, the reason most people leave there after graduation is because they leave there with a meaningful degree which they take jobs in major cities where engineering, construction and veterinary sciences need good people. Often times that means they move away from BCS. No??
Old 06-17-2013   #165
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
College Station is great if you're starting a family or into country culture. If not, it's just another town.
YES!! BCS is a great "small town community"!!!
Old 06-17-2013   #166
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Or retiring

That is Kerrville
Old 06-18-2013   #167
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Or retiring

That is Kerrville
Retiring too. I wouldn't mind growing old or raising kids of my own in College Station. Friendly community, some nice schools, and friggin' Layne's Chicken Fingers.
Old 06-18-2013   #168
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like those good ole Ags.

They get the best college football player in the nation and then proceed to do everything they can to run him off as quickly as he can get out of BCS. LOL
Old 06-18-2013   #169
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Just like those good ole Ags.

They get the best college football player in the nation and then proceed to do everything they can to run him off as quickly as he can get out of BCS. LOL
I'm not sure if this kind of behavior is strictly a college station thing but you'd think Manziel fans would treat him like a King in a city so centered around the University there, not repeatedly try to get his ride towed.

If it's some bull**** about trying to keep him from partying so much (Which I could see some idiot taking it upon themselves to do something like this to "save Johnny from himself") I can completely see why he would tweet out some stuff like that. Either way, I doubt Manziel is going to be swayed to stay in an extra year at school if this is how people around college station treat him.
Old 06-18-2013   #170
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Story is someone in CS keeps calling to get his car towed doesn't know who. This last time came back from a fishing trip to find it had been towed again.
Seems like a pretty simple solution; stop illegally parking your car.

The Highwaymen
Old 06-18-2013   #171
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Seems like a pretty simple solution; stop illegally parking your car.
It may not be that simple.

Many apartment complexes have specified spaces for apartments and visitors have to park in the designated visitor spaces. If another car is parked in your space, you can call the towing company and they will tow it out. And there is nothing stopping a person from falsely having a car towed from a space that isn't theirs. The tow drivers eventually learn which cars belong and which don't if it happens often, but there are several drivers and they service several complexes so it can be towed anyways. Happened to a former GF of mine a long time ago and it happened to me too, as someone had my car towed from her space.

Now, that said, I've heard 2 other explanations for the tweet but no one can give a definite answer. Something obviously frustrated him that night and he mistakenly vented on Twitter.
Old 06-18-2013   #172
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Many apartment complexes have specified spaces for apartments and visitors have to park in the designated visitor spaces. If another car is parked in your space, you can call the towing company and they will tow it out. And there is nothing stopping a person from falsely having a car towed from a space that isn't theirs. The tow drivers eventually learn which cars belong and which don't if it happens often, but there are several drivers and they service several complexes so it can be towed anyways. Happened to a former GF of mine a long time ago and it happened to me too, as someone had my car towed from her space.

Now, that said, I've heard 2 other explanations for the tweet but no one can give a definite answer. Something obviously frustrated him that night and he mistakenly vented on Twitter.
This post is very true and can be even worse than that. In Tallahassee, the tow companies were predatory in nature. Tow first, ask questions or check tags later. I was in property management in Tallahassee and I had my car towed, and I would take calls weekly in regards to residents cars being towed. In those properties, residents had decals that gave them permission to park wherever in the complex that they wished. It comes down to the fact that some tow companies just don't check for the decal. If you drive a nicer vehicle, you are also likely to get towed. It was $88 every time a car got towed and they rarely, and I mean rarely, would let a car out without payment. That's even after I, as the property manager, would call the tow company and explain that the person was a resident and was parked within our conditions.
Old 06-18-2013   #173
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 117612 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
This post is very true and can be even worse than that. In Tallahassee, the tow companies were predatory in nature. Tow first, ask questions or check tags later. I was in property management in Tallahassee and I had my car towed, and I would take calls weekly in regards to residents cars being towed. In those properties, residents had decals that gave them permission to park wherever in the complex that they wished. It comes down to the fact that some tow companies just don't check for the decal. If you drive a nicer vehicle, you are also likely to get towed. It was $88 every time a car got towed and they rarely, and I mean rarely, would let a car out without payment. That's even after I, as the property manager, would call the tow company and explain that the person was a resident and was parked within our conditions.
I can relate. When a deekhead would park on my spot in my building id honk but I wouldn't call the wrecker. Instead I'd park my car behind theirs and leave a note 'now you wait for me'. Id just sit by window and take my sweet time coming downstairs. It happened way too often I'm surprised we never came to blows.
Old 06-19-2013   #174
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59149 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YES!! BCS is a great "small town community"!!!
Born and raised in BCS, well I went to school in Caldwell, 30 miles west. Dad was a professor at TAMU for 36 years...

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
Old 06-19-2013   #175
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 67996 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A little more "information", and if this is accurate, there was no towing of vehicles involved.
Quote:
Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Johnny Manziel’s frustrated Twitter post at 1:38 a.m. Sunday morning claiming it’s “(expletive) like tonight is a reason why I can’t wait to leave college station … whenever it may be,” was over a parking ticket, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, had been fishing in Port Aransas on Saturday and talked over the phone to an officer, who wrote him a ticket for being parked the wrong way in front of his house and for his windows being tinted too dark (his vehicle was in College Station while he was with friends in Port Aransas), according to the insider.
LINK
Old 06-19-2013   #176
Stemp
Brew Master

Tinted too dark? And he could tell at 2am in the dark.

I guess CSPD is like any other small town who does BS like this to raise revenue
Old 06-19-2013   #177
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 67996 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tinted too dark? And he could tell at 2am in the dark.

I guess CSPD is like any other small town who does BS like this to raise revenue
Why are you assuming that the ticket was written immediately before the tweet was sent? Anything you've read or heard to make you believe that was the case?
Old 06-20-2013   #178
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never heard of a cop talking to an offender over the phone for a parking ticket. Weird.
Old 06-21-2013   #179
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
A little more "information", and if this is accurate, there was no towing of vehicles involved.

LINK
This is just about as bizarre as most of the stuff we could come up with just spitballin about his tweet.
Old 06-21-2013   #180
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

CSPD ain't nice.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read