Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2013   #41
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mandatory Minicamp 6/11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And that's with a 28 Wonderlic...........
Sounds like a confident young man to me Doc. I sure liked watching him lay the wood for the Gamecocks. He's gonna be a beastly safety when he learns to rope in "just a little" of that on field aggression.

Great draft choice I think. I like the pick.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Day 2 and I'm already tired of reading about Reed...and I like the guy. Gonna be a long preseason.
When is it not?
Old 06-12-2013   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And that's with a 28 Wonderlic...........
C'mon Doc! That could be a good thing!
Old 06-12-2013   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Sounds like a confident young man to me Doc. I sure liked watching him lay the wood for the Gamecocks. He's gonna be a beastly safety when he learns to rope in "just a little" of that on field aggression.

Great draft choice I think. I like the pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
C'mon Doc! That could be a good thing!
I love the Swearinger pick. If he ends up looking anywhere as good during the real season as he has so far, we've will have hit big time gold. But he may need a little assistance in expressing himself for a little while, despite a decent Wonderlic.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I love the Swearinger pick. If he ends up looking anywhere as good during the real season as he has so far, we've will have hit big time gold. But he may need a little assistance in expressing himself for a little while, despite a decent Wonderlic.
I hear you!!

There's a caller on the sports talk shows known as Clemson_Tom. Well he lauds the Texans for the DeAndre draft choice, as a Clemson Tiger he hates Swearinger (form USC) but lauded him as well.

And for people that don't know the USC (U of South Carolina) and Clemson rivalry is akin to UT and TAMU.

As an aside, once USC (California) played USC (South Carolina) in Columbia and there was a sign that said:

"Your Trojans can't cover our C*cks*

BRILLIANT!!!
Old 06-12-2013   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha ha..

It's a generational thing doc...

Young guys use the word vet as meaning long established...not the literal meaning...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #47
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I like confidence, but overconfidence does no one any favors. No NFL rookie in preseason should be saying they feel like a 2nd year player.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I like confidence, but overconfidence does no one any favors. No NFL rookie in preseason should be saying they feel like a 2nd year player.
Saying he feels like a 2nd year player isn't the same as saying he believes he is as good as a 2nd year player.

He's only saying that he feels like he's got a handle on what he's doing. & we're only in OTAs. when the ball starts flying around in TC, we'll see how he feels then.
Old 06-12-2013   #49
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Saying he feels like a 2nd year player isn't the same as saying he believes he is as good as a 2nd year player.

He's only saying that he feels like he's got a handle on what he's doing. & we're only in OTAs. when the ball starts flying around in TC, we'll see how he feels then.
Yeah pretty much.

He's just saying that he feels he has a good understanding of what we want him to do. That's a good thing.

He didn't say that he feels like a 10 year vet (which was what he meant with his not a vet comment)...he said he feels like a year two guy. That to me says confident but not over confident.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #50
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

The #Texans just finished their 3-day mini-camp. Next practice is 1st day of training camp July 26

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

Kubiak said good things about @Nukdabomb / DeAndre Hopkins' progress. Working w/ 1s helped progress. /love how aggressively he grabs catches

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

"Who's going to step up and take this job and play here for the next 10 years and play right tackle for the texans?" Kubiak #Texans

Mini-camp done. Gary Kubiak said there's "no doubt everybody's going to be ready to go" by training camp except DeVier Posey.

Wrote about OT David Quessenberry for today's paper, focusing more on his development than the infamous truck http://ow.ly/lZUJi

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

Kubiak is impressed wt Hopkins mentally bc last 3 days were without Schaub & Andre to coach him and he still picked everything up.

Kubiak thinks the other 4 starters on OL are thinking who's it going to B 2 step up at RT? He thinks every1 is watching. #Texanstalk

Last edited by Playoffs; 06-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #51
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

The #Texans just finished their 3-day mini-camp. Next practice is 1st day of training camp July 26

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

Kubiak said good things about @Nukdabomb / DeAndre Hopkins' progress. Working w/ 1s helped progress. /love how aggressively he grabs catches

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

"Who's going to step up and take this job and play here for the next 10 years and play right tackle for the texans?" Kubiak #Texans

Mini-camp done. Gary Kubiak said there's "no doubt everybody's going to be ready to go" by training camp except DeVier Posey.

Wrote about OT David Quessenberry for today's paper, focusing more on his development than the infamous truck http://ow.ly/lZUJi

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

Kubiak is impressed wt Hopkins mentally bc last 3 days were without Schaub & Andre to coach him and he still picked everything up.

Kubiak thinks the other 4 starters on OL are thinking who's it going to B 2 step up at RT? He thinks every1 is watching. #Texanstalk
I sure hope the bolded is true and not just fluff. It'd be great if he could become a big contributor by week 1
Old 06-13-2013   #52
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I sure hope the bolded is true and not just fluff. It'd be great if he could become a big contributor by week 1
I think it is true and not fluff with what I've seen. Very much enjoy watching how he catches, how he conducts himself. Most impressive WR I've seen in Texans offseason ever other than Andre Johnson. Which would make sense.

When I watch players in the off-season, I sort of try to ignore who is who. Hard to do with numbers, but it is a game I play. I'm wanting to try to figure out who is actually good versus who is expected to be good.

And when I do this, I try to see if certain players stand out for some reason. Hopkins is a standout sort of WR.

How that translates, I do not know. Not sure of Kubiak's all time history with incorporating wide receivers. Anyone? I know the Walsh tree is very reluctant to overtax young wide receivers.
Old 06-13-2013   #53
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know. I don't think he has any trouble expressing himself.

Very engaging interview.

I think if you play in the secondary, you have to have some level of confidence in yourself because you are exposed if you goof up.
Old 06-13-2013   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Not sure of Kubiak's all time history with incorporating wide receivers. Anyone? I know the Walsh tree is very reluctant to overtax young wide receivers.
Kubiak is from that tree. Very much so.

His first year in Denver, Anthony Miller was the #1 receiver with over 1000 yards and Shannon Sharpe was #2 with almost 800 yards. All of their main receivers had experience although they had an UDFA buried on the bench who would grow into the greatest WR in Broncos History, Rod Smith.

Second year, same basic deal except that Shannon Sharpe moved up to #1.

And after that, it was all Rod Smith, Ed McCaffery, and Shannon Sharpe in some statistical domination.

The most productive rookie was Ashley LeLie who went 35/525.

BUT. If Hopkins is The Guy we hope he is, watch out. This offense absolutely rocks when there are two wideouts who are productive. At least, the Denver one did.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Kubiak is from that tree. Very much so.

His first year in Denver, Anthony Miller was the #1 receiver with over 1000 yards and Shannon Sharpe was #2 with almost 800 yards. All of their main receivers had experience although they had an UDFA buried on the bench who would grow into the greatest WR in Broncos History, Rod Smith.

Second year, same basic deal except that Shannon Sharpe moved up to #1.

And after that, it was all Rod Smith, Ed McCaffery, and Shannon Sharpe in some statistical domination.

The most productive rookie was Ashley LeLie who went 35/525.

BUT. If Hopkins is The Guy we hope he is, watch out. This offense absolutely rocks when there are two wideouts who are productive. At least, the Denver one did.
I think it will depend on AJ's health and the depth of the receiving corp, but also how the opponent decide to play us (whether they will roll help more toward AJ's side.)

If Martin, Jean and/or another guy - Bonner, Maehl, or whoever else - steps up and AJ, OD, Graham all stay healthy, we will probably see the type of production more in line with historical records.

The D and special team plays will have an effect, too, IMO.
If Lechler's leg can provide a decisive advantage in field position and the Texans get a 10 point lead consistently, you just know Kubiak is going to run the ball.

Or if the Texans keep seeing third and long, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #56
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Thursday quotes. And then, an NFL wasteland until end of July:

Quote:
Head Coach Gary Kubiak
(on how he feels about how the offseason workouts have gone thus far) “I feel good about our offseason. Obviously, we’ve had a couple of nicks, but it’s nothing that anybody is not going to be back when we get ready to go. We’ve got a lot of work to do. We’ve got some injured players that have a lot of ground to make up to be sure they’re ready to go when we come back. I think our young guys are further along than we’ve had them, since I’ve been here, and that was a point of emphasis. Obviously we’re trying to catch (WR) DeAndre (Hopkins) up, catch (S) D.J. (Swearinger) up. I think these guys are probably as good of a position as our young players have been as far as competing and pushing some of our older guys. I think it’s been good; time for them to get away from us, but not get away from their work, and get ready to go.”

(on if the progress of some of the young players is exciting) “Yeah, it is really is because I think it was a big key to our success in our season last year. We replaced some good players with some young guys that played really well for us. With our younger players here, it’s going to be key again in about four or five spots. At the same time, us getting Cush (ILB Brian Cushing) to opening day the right way, things like that. Can we get (WR DeVier) Posey back? Can we get (DE) Tim Jamison back and playing the way he was playing? Obviously the right tackle, those two guys have to get on the field to make us better, so there’s a lot of stuff still yet to get done before we get back to work.”

(on what he can tell about his team without the helmets and pads) “I think every team is different. Obviously we had a heck of a football team last year and had some success and some great leadership. I think this team is going to be different. There’s going to be some different leadership on this team. There is going to be some new young guys. We’re very talented in how we work. Hopefully we stay good and healthy and come together as a group like we did last year. Nowadays and in this day and age in pro sports, football is changing all the time, but our standards have to stay the same and our makeup of what we expect to be as a team has to stay the same.”

(on how much of the offense has WR DeAndre Hopkins has picked up) “I was just talking Rick (Smith) and Cal (McNair), I’ve been impressed. He struggled early, which we knew he would, but I think it helps when you throw a guy in with the ones right away because he gets coached by Schaub. But the last three days, he has impressed me because he doesn’t have Matt. He hasn’t had Andre out here and he’s been on top of what he’s doing. He’s obviously very gifted. We just have to make sure we’ve got to make sure we’ve got him doing what he does best.”

(on the situation at right tackle) “I probably sound like a broken record. If you look at our roster, it looks good, but the bottom line is the guys aren’t out there, so that’s concerning for us as a team and me as a coach. I love the way (T Derek) Newton has worked. I think he made a lot of progress as a player last year. He played hurt at the end of the year, which was tough on him and us as a team. We drafted a young man with a lot of ability. He hasn’t been out here yet. I like what (T) Ryan (Harris) has done. He’s had a good offseason. I like what I see in (T David) Quessenberry because he’s gotten all the reps. It’s all in place, but somebody has to step up and go do it. So hopefully they’re all there when we go back to work.”

(on how concerning or worrisome is the right tackle situation going into camp) “No, it is. I think it is for the guys up front too. Our four starters are locked in up front, putting (G) Brandon (Brooks) in with those guys. I think even those guys are looking, thinking, ‘Okay, who’s it going to be? Who’s going to step up and take this job and play here for the next 10 years and play right tackle for the Texans?’ So I think we’re all watching that. I think (T Derek) Newton took a step towards doing that last year and now he has to take another big step.”

(on if T Brennan Williams will be ready for training camp) “Listening to our trainers, I think there is no doubt that everybody is going to be ready to go except for (WR DeVier) Posey as of right now. We’ll have to see. We’ve got a month.”

(on how he views his linebackers heading into camp) “Very talented and very young, that’s the biggest thing. You’ve got young players. You talk about (OLB Bryan) Braman operating as a starter right now, Cush (ILB Brian Cushing) is healthy, (OLB) Brooks (Reed) going back to SAM (strong-side linebacker) and what happens there, those type of things. You’re looking at (OLB Sam) Montgomery. You’re look at (OLB) Willie (Jefferson). You’re looking at some very, very talented players, but boy they’ve never stepped on a NFL field. It’s exciting for us as coaches looking at the ability, but at the same time it better happen fast.”

(on NFL.com referencing the Texans as ‘stale in a league of innovation’) “I just worry about what we do and if we win games. I don’t get too concerned with that.”

(on if he cares about style points) “Style points? No. I just care about winning a game. That’s all I care about.”

(on FB Vonta Leach wanting to return to Houston and what that would mean for FB Greg Jones) “There is plenty of room for players. If you have a surplus of something at one position, as a coach, you go find a way to make that work. Whether you’re running a different scheme or you’re putting in some new schemes or something. There’s nothing wrong with having a lot of good layers. I don’t know what’s going to happen with Vonta. I don’t know what he’s got going on. I’m just hearing things out there. As a team, we’re always looking to get better, but we’re also very excited about Greg and what he’s brought to us this offseason. That’s why we brought him here.”

(on if they would be stale if they had two fullbacks) “I would hope we would just win the game. That’s my goal.”
The NFL stale question was mine. Quote sheet didn't quite get the question and answer quite right.

Let's just say I am glad that Kubiak does not have laser beams that shoot out of his eyeballs. He was not fond of the question, and I asked it twice.

His basic attitude to it is that it was all BS. I happen to agree.

Last question was McClain's.
Old 06-13-2013   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, it certainly looks like we're going to run the ball on third and long again and let Lechler punt the ball away.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I don't know. I don't think he has any trouble expressing himself.

Very engaging interview.

I think if you play in the secondary, you have to have some level of confidence in yourself because you are exposed if you goof up.
The interviews I've heard have indeed been quite impressive. When I pointed out the "vet" comment, it was actually a weak attempt at humor to point out the contrast. Guess it didn't come out that way.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #59
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
The interviews I've heard have indeed been quite impressive. When I pointed out the "vet" comment, it was actually a weak attempt at humor to point out the contrast. Guess it didn't come out that way.
No problem.
Old 06-13-2013   #60
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
LOL, it certainly looks like we're going to run the ball on third and long again and let Lechler punt the ball away.
What's interesting is Kubiak making a point of saying a lot how each team is different, and doesn't want the comparisons.

I think what Kubiak will do on third and long has a lot to do with:

1. The continuity on the line and whether they are trustable.

2. How much they get into 3rd and extra long.

3. How the defense is playing. If the defense is wrecking shop, well then, sometimes the strategic way to get down field is punt the ball and destroy them.

Not what you want to do against good QBs, but often you saw Kubiak being more aggressive against better QBs. Denver game comes to mind with play calling.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read