Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2013   #21
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLN: 32 in 32: Houston Texans must find a way to next level

videos:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Houston-Texans

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...ore-consistent

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Can anybody give me the meaning of perennial please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
1: present at all seasons of the year
2: persisting for several years usually with new herbaceous growth from a perennating part <perennial asters>

3. c : regularly repeated or renewed : recurrent <death is a perennial literary theme>
As opposed to perineal, which would be your taint.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #23
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #24
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

NFLN interview w Danieal Manning:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...anieal-Manning

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
where's the EWWWWW! smiley?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

They're talking heads who must find ways to me entertaining. I like NFLN for the most part. I haven't watched as much compared to years past, but they are my news of choice. I'd rather pee in my own mouth than watch/listen to espn

All that said, we did not play like ourselves the final quarter of the season or in the playoffs. Sure, we beat the Bengals but only score one TD. In a sense, we deserve a little criticism imo.
Old 06-13-2013   #27
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well that's the thing, the glasses.

Y'know, I'm reading all the OTA/minicamp press & it's all roses. Brooks is making the most of his situation (both of them), Hopkins appears to be all that & a bag of chips, Keenum is on automatic now...... etc..etc.. blah, blah, blah.
Easy question for you - Do you feel better about the Texans right now, on June 13, than you did about the Texans last year on June 13? I do. I had serious reservations about the changes in the team last year and frankly, wasn't all that surprised by the late season meltdown. They had a weak OL, weak LB corps, and I wasn't sold on the DL aside from Watt.

This year, I feel a lot better about Hopkins than I did about Mercilus. I feel a lot better about Swearinger than I do even about Reed, to be honest. I did not like the Posey pick at all last year, and was merely hopeful about guys like Martin and Jean. Brooks, Jones, and Crick are all coming along like 2nd year players ought to, and I feel better about the OL prospects this year than I did about Butler, Newton, and Caldwell.

That's not to say I don't have my concerns about the team going forward, but I feel like this is the best draft they've had since '09, and maybe since '06. Hopkins, Swearinger, and Montgomery could all end up showing that they could have been worthy of a first round pick.

I think they did a piss poor job of replacing/planning for lost talent last year. This year, I feel like they handled it very well (except the Quin move, which I hate).
Old 06-13-2013   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eriadoc,
It's easy to say in restropect.

With a healthy Cushing, JJo, and Brooks Reed, the D would have looked different.
A healthy Newton and Caldwell would have helped, too.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #30
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey, hey... no need for all that.

Well that's the thing, the glasses.

Y'know, I'm reading all the OTA/minicamp press & it's all roses. Brooks is making the most of his situation (both of them), Hopkins appears to be all that & a bag of chips, Keenum is on automatic now...... etc..etc.. blah, blah, blah.

I've been spending time on the Colts board, the Ravens board, the Pats board & guess what? Hunky dory, blue skies, & birds singing show tunes.

This is what we do.

I don't want to turn this into a woulda coulda shoulda.... but we never see what's coming. If it's not one thing, it's another. We finally get a QB, but we can't run the ball. We finally get to running the ball, but our defense falls apart. We finally get a defense & our QB gets knocked out. We get our QB back & we're missing a RT & a MLB.....

Threading water. Every other teams' back up to the back up goes off in the play-offs. Ours fall asleep.

eh...... I think I'm going through depression or something.
Hello. Football. Just how it is.

You need the basic ingredients to win. There's some teams that don't have any chance at all.

Then you need some luck and health at the right time. That is what happened to the Ravens. Didn't happen for the Texans and Patriots.
Old 06-13-2013   #31
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Eriadoc,
It's easy to say in restropect.

With a healthy Cushing, JJo, and Brooks Reed, the D would have looked different.
A healthy Newton and Caldwell would have helped, too.
That was the point of my post. I'm not using retrospect. But here - this is a post I made on March 26, 2012.

Quote:
The team was a QB and maybe a WR away from being serious Super Bowl contenders this past season. They were a Jacoby Jones away from potentially moving on to the AFC Championship game even without that QB and WR (full strength AJ). Since then, the only personnel change to the team has been a net loss of players.

1.) Mario - let me get this out of the way first. I'm a big fan of Mario I was one of the few people cheering when they announced the night before the draft they were taking him. The guy caught a ton of unjustified flack while he was here and played well when he was healthy. WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY is why I'm perfectly OK with him moving on. You don't pay a guy 96mil for missing games every season and/or ineffectively playing through injury. I think we all suspected Mario would be gone, and I think the FO made the only choice they should have to maintain long term viability. Thank you Texans for not mortgaging the future on Mario.

2.) Schaub has missed significant time 3 of the 5 seasons he's been a Texan. TJ Yates is a possible replacement someday, but we all saw that he's not quite there yet. Just wanted to point out that they're still potentially a QB away from being a serious SB contender.

3.) WR - Jacoby sucks. I've been saying it for a long time, and my hatred for him as a player (not person) is pretty far from objective after the playoff game. He's still here. AJ is great WHEN HE'S HEALTHY. He's missed more games in the past 5 years than Matt Schaub. Maybe people don't realize or want to accept that; I don't know.

4.) Myers - glad he was re-signed, but I'm not buying the hype that's been put out there about him. He's had one really bad year, one really good year, and the rest has been solid. You didn't fire him after his really bad year, so don't blow smoke up my ass about his really good year. Make him do it again. You made Foster do it a second time, after all.

5.) Brisiel - not to be confused with a HOF guard or anything, but he's consistently beaten Caldwell, even coming back from a bad leg, twice. He's just a flat out better player than Caldwell. So saying they have his replacement on the roster is pretty disingenuous.

6.) Winston - occasional liability in pass protection, but if Butler is better, why didn't he beat out Winston for the job? Either he's not as good or Kubiak wasn't playing the better player. You decide which of those options you like best, I suppose. I hope he gets better than Winston this season, at any rate.

7.) Ryans - Everyone knew it was going to take 2 years to come back from that injury. He started playing his best football toward the end of last year, so they traded him away.

8.) Vickers, Allen, Dreessen, etc. - All of these guys filled roles that kept other players off the field. Casey didn't supplant Vickers as a blocker or Dreessen as a TE. Graham didn't supplant Dreessen as a TE. KJax couldn't keep Allen off the field. Brandon Harris never saw the field, despite being a 2nd round pick. McManis and his random contemporaries couldn't break through either. So again, either these players were the best options to help the team win, or the coaches were making bad decisions.

Any of these moves can be rationalized. Taken as a whole, however, they weaken the team. They may not weaken the business side of things, but that's not going to help the W-L column unless they use that money to bring real replacements in. There's still a draft left to go and they'll undoubtedly get a couple impact players. Let's hope it's enough. I have hope for Sharpton and Kareem Jackson, so that's a positive. Brooks Reed is going to be a very good player. But like I said above, the moves when taken as a whole are hard to rationalize away.

Also, while I have a ton of faith in Wade Phillips to put a top notch defense out there no matter what, Smithiak has earned no such trust from me. They've had way too many WTF moments in personnel for me to blindly trust that they know the best course of action.
All I'm saying is that I feel better this year, before the season, than I did last year before the season.
Old 06-14-2013   #32
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Most criticism levied against the Texans this offseason is centered around Andre's age and Matt Schaub's timidness. Fair criticisms in their own right, but it completely ignores the defense, and what I think will be a unit that will dominate for a good portion of their schedule.

I believe the Texans (And I think this is an agreed upon opinion by the majority of people who follow football) will get a 3rd playoff berth in a row. I think determining how well they will do after that is going to be a question of health and momentum, and cannot truly be determined in the summer.
Old 06-14-2013   #33
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Most criticism levied against the Texans this offseason is centered around Andre's age and Matt Schaub's timidness. Fair criticisms in their own right, but it completely ignores the defense, and what I think will be a unit that will dominate for a good portion of their schedule.

I believe the Texans (And I think this is an agreed upon opinion by the majority of people who follow football) will get a 3rd playoff berth in a row. I think determining how well they will do after that is going to be a question of health and momentum, and cannot truly be determined in the summer.
We're going to have to find a bona-fide pass rusher, in addition to Jj Watt if we're going to have the kind of defense that will get this team to the play-offs.

Could happen, we've got some guys on this team that will give us a real shot... fingers crossed.
Old 06-14-2013   #34
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
"Stale", lmfao. Your ****ing MOTHERS are stale.
Insightful.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #35
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That was the point of my post. I'm not using retrospect. But here - this is a post I made on March 26, 2012.

All I'm saying is that I feel better this year, before the season, than I did last year before the season.
That list makes me laugh, we had JJ last season, and what did mario do ? He put Vickers and Allen on the list ? What a joke ? And myers is one of the best Centers in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read