Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2013   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFLN: 32 in 32: Houston Texans must find a way to next level

32 in 32: Houston Texans must find a way to next level

Quote:
The Texans are a perennial playoff team, but are they starting to go stale? Our "32 in 32 "series continues

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL

Quote:

"NFL Total Access" has launched its "32 in 32" series, breaking down the biggest subplots of every NFL team as the 2013 season approaches. Around The League will follow along and offer our own take. Up next: The Houston Texans.
We'll see how much Texans info they squeeze in between tebow mania tonite @6:00

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFLN: 32 in 32: Houston Texans must find a way to next level

This reminds me I haven't watched NFLN since the Texans bowed out of the playoffs. I don't seemed to have missed it much.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Texans are a perennial playoff team, but are they starting to go stale?"

Stale??? After their first two division titles and only 10 years in the NFL?

If anything is becoming "stale" it's the NFL Network which is more like TMZ than an informative source for information. Take away Tebow, Rex Ryan, T.O., Chad Johnson and the Patriots and the NFLN seizes to exist.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

How in the hell are the texans getting stale ? We went 12-4 last season, are 2 time division champs. And feel we have improved our roster greatly since last season. WTF are these guys talking about ?
Old 06-12-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anybody give me the meaning of perennial please?

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Yeah. I didn't realize that making it into the playoffs twice after never having made the playoffs before makes you a perennial playoff team.

Are the Bengals a perennial playoff team, too?

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The Jets got to the AFC Championship 2 years in a row, then faded into a Barnum & Bailey rip off.

The 49ers have been to the AFC Championship game the last two seasons, we'll see where they go next year.

The Ravens won the Super Bowl last year. They were in the AFC Championship game in 2012 & 2011. They've won their division 2 of the last 4 years & been to the play offs four of the last 5 years.

I'm not telling you guys anything new, but we're a long way from where we want to be. We're the Bengals. Whatever you think about the Bengals, that's pretty much what we are.
Old 06-12-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're the Bengals. Whatever you think about the Bengals, that's pretty much what we are.
We got in as 3rd in the division? We lost both our 1st games?
Old 06-12-2013   #9
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

maybe he meant the Texans were pretty flowers for a couple of years

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're the Bengals. Whatever you think about the Bengals, that's pretty much what we are.
nah, the Texans actually win some playoff games....against the Bengals, of course.
Old 06-12-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We got in as 3rd in the division? We lost both our 1st games?
I'm just the messenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
nah, the Texans actually win some playoff games....against the Bengals, of course.
Well there's that, & a slew of ProBowlers on our roster. But I think about that Jets team that had it all & when you see how far they fell as fast as they fell.

We may very well have seen the best this current configuration can deliver.

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to temper my expectations.
Old 06-12-2013   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just the messenger.

Well there's that, & a slew of ProBowlers on our roster. But I think about that Jets team that had it all & when you see how far they fell as fast as they fell.

I dont buy that, i believe that this seasons roster is just as if not more talented than last seasons roster, head coach may be the only thing that can stop this team at this point IMO. Well and possibly our QB.
Old 06-12-2013   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just the messenger.

Bailiff, whack his...

I dunno TK. I'm forever the optimist when there's reason to warrant it. I think the training wheels are off and the FO has been drafting well. I see the Texans on the upswing. I can't wait to see what this draft class delivers and even more so next season.

You know...the glasses and all.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit: delete

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Bailiff, whack his...
Hey, hey... no need for all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I dunno TK. I'm forever the optimist when there's reason to warrant it. I think the training wheels are off and the FO has been drafting well. I see the Texans on the upswing. I can't wait to see what this draft class delivers and even more so next season.

You know...the glasses and all.
Well that's the thing, the glasses.

Y'know, I'm reading all the OTA/minicamp press & it's all roses. Brooks is making the most of his situation (both of them), Hopkins appears to be all that & a bag of chips, Keenum is on automatic now...... etc..etc.. blah, blah, blah.

I've been spending time on the Colts board, the Ravens board, the Pats board & guess what? Hunky dory, blue skies, & birds singing show tunes.

This is what we do.

I don't want to turn this into a woulda coulda shoulda.... but we never see what's coming. If it's not one thing, it's another. We finally get a QB, but we can't run the ball. We finally get to running the ball, but our defense falls apart. We finally get a defense & our QB gets knocked out. We get our QB back & we're missing a RT & a MLB.....

Threading water. Every other teams' back up to the back up goes off in the play-offs. Ours fall asleep.

eh...... I think I'm going through depression or something.
Old 06-12-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. There's a staleness in the air around the Texans right now. Maybe it's the glass ceiling that seems to be fixed in place over their heads. The Texans have established themselves as a perennial playoff team, and nine Pro Bowl selections last season shows that talent is in the building. But is there enough here to make the leap over the class of the AFC? Better health and some raised performances can ensure that.

2. Matt Schaub, welcome to the hot seat. Schaub took much of the blame for the Texans' late-season slide, and with good reason. He threw just three touchdown passes in Houston's last six games as the team went from 11-1 to the No. 3 seed in the AFC and eventually lost to the New England Patriots in the divisional playoffs. At 32, Schaub should be in the prime of his career. He is good enough to be a part of a Super Bowl team. He just shouldn't be expected to lead the way. That's a tricky reality in today's NFL.

3. Using their first pick in April's draft to bring in wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins was a no-brainer. The Texans have failed for years to find an effective complement to Andre Johnson, but Hopkins is a playmaker with great intangibles. Don't be surprised if he emerges as an instant contributor.

4. Hopkins' presence should help Houston become more imaginative on offense. As I re-watched the Texans' 41-28 divisional playoff loss to the Patriots, I was struck by how little Houston went downfield in its passing attack. Dink-and-dunk reigned supreme even as the game started to get away from the Texans. By the time Schaub finally chucked one deep for a 25-yard touchdown to DeVier Posey, the matter already was settled.

5. Brian Cushing's return cannot be underestimated. The Texans' defense never fully recovered after Cushing tore his anterior cruciate ligament during a Week 5 win over the New York Jets. Houston's lack of depth at inside linebacker was exposed when Cushing went down, and the team didn't invest in the position through the draft or free agency. Cushing needs to stay on the field.

6. We know J.J. Watt won NFL Defensive Player Of The Year honors, but I still don't think he got enough credit for one of the best seasons ever in 2012. In just his second NFL season, Watt finished with 20.5 sacks, 16 tipped passes, four forced fumbles and 22 tackles for a loss. Like Lawrence Taylor before him, Watt has that rare ability to control a game from the defensive side of the ball. If the rest of his teammates can push things a bit further, it's Watt who can put them over the top.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Stale", lmfao. Your ****ing MOTHERS are stale.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #18
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i love this stuff let them underestimate us.... and then BAM !!!! we going to rock the socks of them this year i can feel it!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #19
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Hey, hey... no need for all that.

Well that's the thing, the glasses.

Y'know, I'm reading all the OTA/minicamp press & it's all roses. Brooks is making the most of his situation (both of them), Hopkins appears to be all that & a bag of chips, Keenum is on automatic now...... etc..etc.. blah, blah, blah.

I've been spending time on the Colts board, the Ravens board, the Pats board & guess what? Hunky dory, blue skies, & birds singing show tunes.

This is what we do.

I don't want to turn this into a woulda coulda shoulda.... but we never see what's coming. If it's not one thing, it's another. We finally get a QB, but we can't run the ball. We finally get to running the ball, but our defense falls apart. We finally get a defense & our QB gets knocked out. We get our QB back & we're missing a RT & a MLB.....

Threading water. Every other teams' back up to the back up goes off in the play-offs. Ours fall asleep.

eh...... I think I'm going through depression or something.
How often do you hear a parent of a child so that they're own kid is ugly ??? They say this is the cutest baby and you know its BS but u smile and nod your head.

We are ahead of all those teams mentioned. Just compare roster/impact players along with additions to the roster VIA FA/Draft.

Last edited by EllisUnit; 06-13-2013 at 06:34 AM.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
: present at all seasons of the year
: persisting for several years usually with new herbaceous growth from a perennating part <perennial asters>

a : persistent, enduring <perennial favorites>
b : continuing without interruption : constant, perpetual <the perennial quest for certainty> <a perennial student>
c : regularly repeated or renewed : recurrent <death is a perennial literary theme>
persisting for several years...
that's what it took for the Ravens to finally get a ring for Flacco & company...
And it took repeated trips to the playoffs for Peyton to finally get a ring too.
And how many playoff trips before Cowher finally got a ring...? Fifteen wasn't it?
I'll take playoff wins year after year after year finally culminating in a couple or three Lombardi trophies.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read