Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pre season tickets Cowboys

I saw a few at Cheaptickets.com for $8 (upper level, of course).

Is it for real?
Has anybody used that site before?

Also, I saw $5 ticket for the Cowboys - Bengals game the week ahead of the Texans game.

The parking costs many times more than that, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #2
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre season tickets Cowboys

I don't know what preseason tickets go for in Houston, but when I lived in Dallas, it wasn't uncommon to be able to get a ticket for $5 or so up to the date of the game from just about any major ticket reseller.

The NFL should be embarrassed for charging season ticket holders full price for preseason games...
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking for 4 tix to that game for a friend. If anyone has any to sell I'm interested.
Old 06-04-2013   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

This game sounds like the one that starters will probably play for a quarter, so I probably won't make that trip. With the video board, even the cheap seats will be ok for a preseason. Actually for those who like standing, the party pass would be better. I won't decide until mid July what I will be doing with my tickets, but any info that I think would be interesting, I will pass along.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #5
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
This game sounds like the one that starters will probably play for a quarter, so I probably won't make that trip. With the video board, even the cheap seats will be ok for a preseason. Actually for those who like standing, the party pass would be better. I won't decide until mid July what I will be doing with my tickets, but any info that I think would be interesting, I will pass along.
It's the 4th game; starters prob won't play at all.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
It's the 4th game; starters prob won't play at all.

5th for Dallas... I doubt the starters will see much action for either team..I hate having the final preseason game here.. like we have had the last 2 years.. glad its on the road this year!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #7
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I also own Dallas season tickets and not going!
Old 06-09-2013   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
You, too! I'm in section 317 and love the convenience.
Old 06-09-2013   #9
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine are 126!
Old 06-09-2013   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Mine are 126!
Looks like you have the easy access to the team shop. The only downside to my location is the team shop is on the opposite side. We park at Jack in the Box on Collins.

I have family in Dallas who will probably use tickets for the Texans preseason.
Old 06-10-2013   #11
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

We stay at the Sheridan and walk. Parking SUCKS there.
Old 06-10-2013   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, I just messaged you on Facebook about this, but didn't see this until afterward. I'm trying to find tickets for a friend to that game. Please let me know if you want to move them. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2013   #13
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Hey, I just messaged you on Facebook about this, but didn't see this until afterward. I'm trying tones find tickets for a friend to that game. Please let me know if you want to move them. Thanks!
Hey Paul, I got your FB message. Wish I could have helped you, they sold pretty quick. Let me know next year if you need any games.
Old 07-15-2013   #14
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Pre season tickets Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I saw a few at Cheaptickets.com for $8 (upper level, of course).

Is it for real?
Has anybody used that site before?

Also, I saw $5 ticket for the Cowboys - Bengals game the week ahead of the Texans game.

The parking costs many times more than that, LOL!
I am going....staying with relatives in plano...they are paying for ticket so all i got to pay for is my gas....

I have seen nosebleeds for 4 dollars on websites.......shipping is more than the ticket....lol
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
If the tickets for this preseason game really are $8 (upper) section only I believe this
shows how obsolete preseason games are becoming, perhaps giving the owners the
incentive to do away with all preseason games and just have camp during the summer
months
Some people are probably unloading the worthless preseason tickets at bargain basement because $8 is better than nothing. But, who really will even be sitting in nose bleed when over half the stadium will be empty? Sounds better to come up with a set ticket price $1000 for 10 tickets @ $100per instead of $1000 for 8 tickets at $125 per. Selling the preseason as a package somehow minimizes the true sticker shock.
Old 07-17-2013   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the tickets for this preseason game really are $8 (upper) section only I believe this
shows how obsolete preseason games are becoming, perhaps giving the owners the
incentive to do away with all preseason games and just have camp during the summer
months
The owners already made their money on the pre-season games when they sold season tickets to buyers. That was part of the package and this is why you see people selling them for super duper cheap.

They might turn 2 of the preseason games into regular season games (extending the season from 16 games to 18 games) but I doubt they will get rid of the preseason entirely when they are still making loads of money off of those tickets.
Old 07-17-2013   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The reason they are selling them cheap is in my post just above yours!
like I said this is not supposed to turn into a political discussion, but it's
damn hard not to see how a failed economy and rising costs have put
Americans in a jam where the money becomes more important in keeping
the family a float as opposed to a non luxury like going to a football game
being played by your favorite team
Your argument makes no sense. The only reason you have preseason tickets to sell (especially if times are hard) is because you are a season ticket holder. $8 bucks for a preseason game (taking a $42 loss) makes zero difference financially compared to the $500 commitment for the season. Whohoo, for 2 seats I spent $1000 and I am so desperate getting $32 back for the preseason is a life saving deal. Might want to reconsider the financial planning because you might as well go to the game. Now you lost $168 bucks on games you didn't get to see.

Your theory also doesn't fly since folks have been giving away or selling preseason tickets at a severe discount throughout the existence of the Texans and I am sure that is true with other teams as well. Obviously that includes a much broader time period than recent economic events (that and Texas has been least effected by those events).
Old 07-17-2013   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Makes perfect sense,

people impulse buy, things come up loss of job, need for money for items such as clothes food ect. people are then forced to sell the tickets they bought, at a reduced rate in order to get back some of the loss

What is so hard about that?
I'm only speaking for myself on this response. My tickets aren't on impulse and I have made significant sacrifices in part time jobs to pay for my entertainment. If something comes up that I can no longer afford ticket on a year by year basis, I will sell the entire season ticket hopefully for a profit. Then if I can afford one of two games I would purchase in the cheap seats. My Cowboys tickets are $125 a pop, and even if I sold at a reduced rate, it would be nowhere near $8, which IMO would be pointless. In that situation I would take a slight reduction or gift a relative or charity. But, an opposing fan will not be relaxing in my seat for 8 bucks. I will probably place 2 or 4 tickets on Ticket Exchange for the season's opener against the Giants "Hookem?".
Old 07-17-2013   #19
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Preseason tickets suck, it doesn't matter what team or market you follow. I am in the Bullpen for the Texans and I look at it at $87.50 for 8 games, not 10 games. I know it won't happen, but I wish they would just charge season ticket buyers for the "regular season"...... and then sell the preseason to whoever wanted to buy them. Just my 2 cents......
Old 07-18-2013   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Preseason tickets suck, it doesn't matter what team or market you follow. I am in the Bullpen for the Texans and I look at it at $87.50 for 8 games, not 10 games. I know it won't happen, but I wish they would just charge season ticket buyers for the "regular season"...... and then sell the preseason to whoever wanted to buy them. Just my 2 cents......
My 2 cents as well. First game against Miami will probably showcase starters for a quarter, and three quarters to look at who will possibly make the final 53 for the same ticket price as the Texans vs. the Colts on Sunday night football. That is a problem with me, but I know if I want the tickets that's the price I pay.

It would be nice to have a fixed price for the eight regular games, and fill stadium preseason at a discount for regulars as well as those who can't afford the ticket price for the regular but still get a feel for the atmosphere of professional football, somewhat. Of course that would decrease the yearly Forbes value/profits slightly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read