Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2013   #81
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

的知 preparing like I知 going out to practice every day. I知 sitting in meetings taking notes like I知 a rookie again." @DPo8 #Texans

DeVier Posey tore his Achilles on Jan 13. Demaryius Thomas tore his in Feb 2011 and was able to practice by Sept 5

I'll be surprised if DeVier Posey doesn't come back strong from his Achilles injury. Very impressive attitude, work ethic

DeVier Posey (Achilles) expects to be on field for rehab next week, eyes Sept/Oct return: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...c-f1804246ba56 #Texans

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
DeVier Posey tore his Achilles on Jan 13. Demaryius Thomas tore his in Feb 2011 and was able to practice by Sept 5

I'll be surprised if DeVier Posey doesn't come back strong from his Achilles injury. Very impressive attitude, work ethic
What do we know about Demariyius Thomas' Achilles? Was it a complete rupture? How does it compare to Devier's?

I'm googling, this is the first thing I found
Quote:
Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas suffered an Achilles tear in February 2011, and returned to practice in early September. He spoke with media on Wednesday:
"He's a great player and I'm sure he's going to work hard to get back and listen to all the people that he's got to listen to," Thomas said Wednesday. "But it's difficult at first, because it took a while for me to be able to do anything. You know, I had to wear a boot for six to eight weeks, and I couldn't do anything but upper body stuff. Once I got it off, I still had to take time, because it's a serious injury, and you don't want to take it too fast."
Thomas also indicated he didn't feel 100% until seven months after the injury. Thomas did not return to game action until October 23, 2011, but that stretch between his return to practice and returning October 23 was due in large part to breaking his left pinkie finger in his first practice back
How long was Posey in a boot?
Old 06-07-2013   #83
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What do we know about Demariyius Thomas' Achilles? Was it a complete rupture? How does it compare to Devier's?

I'm googling, this is the first thing I found

How long was Posey in a boot?
First of all I find it somewhat curious that Thomas would say "I had to wear a boot for six to eight weeks." Most players would certainly remember that experience to be quite specific when answering that question.

Typically, a boot is worn most of the time for ~12 weeks because this is the time when a tendon's healing strength is universally deemed adequate. Seldom will a surgeon compromise this period.

Thomas' broken pinkie would not have kept him out for an extra 6 weeks. His fracture was simply pinned. Football players are typically returned to play within 2-3 weeks.

Lastly, once he returned, his production was virtually worthless before week 13 sometime in the beginning of December.

As the Broncos were originally struggling over the question of placing him on reserve PUP, they would have been much better off putting him on PUP to begin with.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #84
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he could be back sometime in late Sep or early Oct at the earliest....that is my opinion......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read