Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-05-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz

Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz

Schiltz attended the Texans' rookie minicamp last month.

Quote:
According to the Houston Chronicle’s Tania Ganguli, the Houston Texans have signed tight end Adam Schiltz. Schiltz is a rookie free agent from Emporia State who had 44 receptions for 560 yards and four touchdowns this season. The Ponca City, Okla. native had 16 catches for 215 yards and three touchdowns in his final two games of his Senior Season.

Schiltz measures in at 6-4 and 256 lbs. and was signed to replace the injured Phillip Supernaw to get an extra tight end in for training camp. Supernaw was injured during the start of OTAs, and has left the Texans with four healthy tight ends.
Pro day results and video here: http://www.stateofthetexans.com/texa...e-adam-shiltz/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz

I hope he makes the team, if only for the inevitable malt liquor jokes.
Old 06-05-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Do we have something against tall TEs?
Old 06-05-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do we have something against tall TEs?
Ryan Griffin is 6'6". Shilz is a camp body.
Old 06-06-2013   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ryan Griffin is 6'6". Shilz is a camp body.
That may very well be. But keep in mind that Supernaw is wearing a cast on the same foot that he wore one last year for a stress fracture. If this is the same type of injury repeated this offseason, you would have to be concerned about further re-injury when he is able to return, especially if they don't identify the underlying cause of the problem........ overuse injury attributed to repetitive trauma, training errors, structural abnormalities, nutrition, bone density and/or incorrect footwear.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

When I first saw this I my brain omitted the "l" in his last name. I was thinking what an awful last name.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
When I first saw this I my brain omitted the "l" in his last name. I was thinking what an awful last name.
Supernaw is a badass last name.
Old 06-06-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That may very well be. But keep in mind that Supernaw is wearing a cast on the same foot that he wore one last year for a stress fracture. If this is the same type of injury repeated this offseason, you would have to be concerned about further re-injury when he is able to return, especially if they don't identify the underlying cause of the problem........ overuse injury attributed to repetitive trauma, training errors, structural abnormalities, nutrition, bone density and/or incorrect footwear.
I hope he's okay to compete, or to wait in the wings, but I expect we'll keep 3 TEs -- Daniels, Graham, Griffin.

Quote:
His father is the country singer, fwiw.
Old 06-06-2013   #9
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not just naw, not just supernaw, but hell naw.

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I hope he's okay to compete, or to wait in the wings, but I expect we'll keep 3 TEs -- Daniels, Graham, Griffin.

His father is the country singer, fwiw.
Seriously? Did not know that. Isn't he still in the loony bin? Sad case. I used to do some work for the folks who bankrolled him early on. I was an early fan. Too bad what happened to him.
Old 06-06-2013   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hooshizamilli........... "Championship!"
Old 06-07-2013   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133684 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hooshizamilli........... "Championship!"
Get. Out. Of. My. BRAIN!

Stole my joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Seriously? Did not know that. Isn't he still in the loony bin? Sad case. I used to do some work for the folks who bankrolled him early on. I was an early fan. Too bad what happened to him.
Don Shiltz wrote "The Gambler" that was sung by Kenny Rodgers. He's a Hall of Famer.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #14
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Not just naw, not just supernaw, but hell naw.
Flip the hell naw and the supernaw and I think you are on to something!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read