Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2013   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Deacon Jones dead at 74

Man, I have to say this is one of the first times in a long time I've been sad to hear about an athlete passing. This guy was almost larger than life to me because he was so great, but he reminded me so much of my grandfather who passed away when I was young with his story telling and how real he was. Give a few head slaps up in heaven Deacon!

Deacon Jones passes away at age 74

Quote:
The National Football League has lost one of its legends as Hall of Fame defensive end David (Deacon) Jones has died at the age of 74.

Washington Redskins general manager Bruce Allen relayed the news via the team’s official website. He died of natural causes at his home in Southern California.

“Deacon Jones was one of the greatest players in NFL history. Off the field, he was a true giant. His passion and spirit will continue to inspire those who knew him” said Allen. “He was cherished member of the Allen family and I will always consider him my big brother.”
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read