Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2013   #521
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Except on NFL Fan Pass when he said Calvin Johnson was better than Andre...
Andre would've said the same thing.
Old 06-03-2013   #522
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Andre would've said the same thing.
Yep.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #523
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only because Andre is extremely modest.
And a realist.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #524
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Just flashed on my phone that he signed. I don't have details yet

4years 7.62

Swearinger and brennan williams signed too

Last edited by Wolf; 07-22-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #525
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Devier Posey very impressed with DeAndre Hopkins...

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Posey was also shocked at the size of Hopkins hands. Says he wears 3x gloves. Added that he's an amazing WR. #texanstalk
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
"I've never seen a guy with his ability, can run and jump. And what big hands he has," Posey on @Nukdabomb #Texans
Old 07-27-2013   #526
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Hopkins Working Hard

Quote:
First-round pick DeAndre Hopkins had one goal this offseason.

“It was mastering my playbook,” he said Friday. “I wanted to come out here and not think about my routes so much but just go out and do it so I can come out here and run my routes smoothly.”

Hopkins may have had preparation on his side, but that was no substitute for increased speed and intensity going into the NFL. The rookie wide-out noted that the margin for error is much smaller now.

“Everything that you do, you have to be on point,” said Hopkins. “There’s no room for any mistakes. The difference between a 10-yard route and an 11-yard route makes a big difference between these guys out here than in college.”

Hopkins has been relying on fellow teammate Andre Johnson as his mentor. The Texans’ all-time leading receiver has been helping to prepare Hopkins for what to expect in the league.

“Just being around guys like (WR) Andre Johnson, you see how they act and him being who he is and just watching him and just trying to do everything he does,” Hopkins. “It’s great. I couldn’t ask to be in a better situation to watch a guy like him go to work every day.”

“He’s told me everything that a veteran should tell a rookie,” said Hopkins. “He’s a guy that’s on every single wide receiver out here, not just me. He’s not just focusing in on just DeAndre Hopkins. He’s paying attention to all the guys out here and helping all of us out. He’s giving all of us great things to work on and telling us what we need to do.”

“It was a good day for me,” Hopkins said. “I feel I came out and I knew my assignments pretty well. I feel like, the team and as a wide receiver corps, we had a good practice.”
Old 07-27-2013   #527
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 969 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Watch alert espnu chk fil a bowl on now. Nuk about to go off. 4th qtr
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #528
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Just being around guys like (WR) Andre Johnson, you see how they act and him being who he is and just watching him and just trying to do everything he does,” Hopkins. “It’s great. I couldn’t ask to be in a better situation to watch a guy like him go to work every day.” ---DeAndre' Hopkins

Understanding the nuances......that is what maturity is all about. It was said that D Hopkins was the "most NFL ready" going into the draft. I think this comment and the cumulative value of what he has been and done since he got here is important. Maturity is something we need for that spot....I'm willing to discount the hotel thing if that's all that ever applies negatively to him.

He gives credit to Andre....I'm glad he recognizes that, there is NONE BETTER than Andre Johnson for demonstrating and being premium quality on and off the field.
Old 07-28-2013   #529
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
Watch alert espnu chk fil a bowl on now. Nuk about to go off. 4th qtr
Watched it twice...he was a god among insects.
Old 07-31-2013   #530
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

This guy thought he has big hands until he met Nuk.

Old 08-04-2013   #531
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 969 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we all gonna chant NUUUUKK! when he makes a catch, ala Heath miller in Pittsburgh. I feel like we will be doing a lot of that if so.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #532
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm going on record that Smith will trade up in the 3rd to get Swopes if he's still on the board. I think that young man will be a star in the NFL.
Good call.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #533
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
Are we all gonna chant NUUUUKK! when he makes a catch, ala Heath miller in Pittsburgh. I feel like we will be doing a lot of that if so.
Well. We all will be in my house.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #534
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Old 08-06-2013   #535
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He looks like an Avatar in that picture...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #536
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Old 08-06-2013   #537
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm lovin' me some Nuk.

Quote:
When Hopkins and the Texans hit the turf at Mall of America Field in the Metrodome Friday evening, it will be a special moment, but not overwhelming.

“It’s going to be great,” Hopkins said. “It’s a dream come true, but I’m not really worried about that. As soon as I got out here the first day, all the dreams and stuff go out the window and it’s time to go to work.”
That right there Ladies & Gentlemen is a 21 year old Pro. I can't wait to see this cat under the lights. He's been there before in school. He ain't gonna wilt!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #538
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...d-1e420fd9e633

You know Hopkins says "you know" more than anyone i have ever heard you know. I couldnt finish it you know. You know thats really annoying hopkins.
Old 08-06-2013   #539
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...d-1e420fd9e633

You know Hopkins says "you know" more than anyone i have ever heard you know. I couldnt finish it you know. You know thats really annoying hopkins.
I forget what Mercilus says in his interviews but he over does it, as well.

I think he says "like" but I can't remember.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #540
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forget what Mercilus says in his interviews but he over does it, as well.

I think he says "like" but I can't remember.
yeah that stuff annoys me, i cant even focus on what they are saying, all i am listening for is the damn word/words they keep saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read