Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-02-2013   #21
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus' Top 101 Players in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
If Arian Foster isn't on the list, it is suspect at best and ridiculous to me.
Yeh, the dude wasn't at his immaculate best last season but he wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, I'd still take him, at his age, in our system, over anyone else in the league right now.

The ZBS we run relies on the whole of the line playing well, and Myers had a lot of rotation to his right side with very young guys and Wade Smith to his left who is JAG these days after a good debut season as a Texan. If your job is to work your blocks to other guys and move on, then you kinda rely on the guy you are passing him on to to make you look good.

I don't think we can blame anti-ZBS bias on the lack of Myers in the top 101 here, PFF have been jizzing all over Myers for a number of years previously, but that was when he was playing with a better Wade Smith, a perfectly suited and healthy Mike Briesel, and an excellent run-game OT in Eric Winston. I personally am beginning to get the impression the Texans are well set-up to get back to their best on that front within the next couple of years with the young talent they've stockpiled of late.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: PFF top 101 players of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Myers is a ZBS guy & it seems he is being overlooked based in it. Some may say the same about Foster, but I have my doubts that he could not be highly productive in other schemes.
Everybody is playing in a system. Some guys are playing extremely well in the system they are playing, some guys aren't. Whether Foster or Myers is playing in the ZBS shouldn't be seen as any different than RG3 playing out of the pistol offense.
Old 06-03-2013   #23
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFF top 101 players of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Everybody is playing in a system. Some guys are playing extremely well in the system they are playing, some guys aren't. Whether Foster or Myers is playing in the ZBS shouldn't be seen as any different than RG3 playing out of the pistol offense.
You don't say... Everyone is playing in a system??? LOL! Just messing w/ you!

The point is Myers is not believed to be interchangable in any system. Some question whether or not ZBS o-lineman would actually be successful in other systems based on their size & skill set. I'm not saying I agree, but it is nothing new to hear this nor is it a surprise for some players to not receive their due credit for their play simply based on the ZBS. Some say the same of Arian, the difference is I believe Arian could thrive in other systems based on his God given talent. Im not sure the same could be said about Myers.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read