Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How do you grade the first selection in the first round?
A 23 28.75%
B 31 38.75%
C 9 11.25%
D 2 2.50%
F 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2013   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Being coy aside, I find it ludicrous to place a draft grade on any pick until the player being discussed actually plays a down in the NFL...... or not.
How hard is it to not click on a link?

There are tons of threads on here and you come into the one that you find ludicrous when it is clearly labeled as a draft grade thread?

And how is this different from giving your opinion on anything else that you don't know the outcome of? It's just a prediction.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think mostly it is due to Newton's injury and Harris' age.
Harris also has a history with injury that might recur (if I remember correctly.)

If both Williams and Quessenberry can stand upright, one of them might see some work at LT.
There's also Brandon Brooks who the Texans said they might try out at OT.

I don't think anything is written in stone yet.
Quote:
Offensive tackle Brennan Williams' father, Brent Williams, had an 11-year career with New England, Seattle and the New York Jets. Williams was asked the significance of following in his father's footsteps. "It was extremely important," he said. "It was an expectation that we always had to make it to this level. I'm truly blessed to be where I am today, but now it's time for me to carve out my own footsteps."

The Texans drafted Williams to compete on the right side with Derek Newton, last year's starter who's coming off surgery to repair a patellar tendon in his knee. "If he comes out and wins the position outright, great," offensive line coach John Benton said. "If not, he's got to learn to play left (tackle), too. That's how it works."
- The Sports Xchange
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams needs to get out of the tub. Missing important time.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Williams needs to get out of the tub. Missing important time.
If he doesn't play in minicamp, he likely has suffered a meniscus tear that they are trying to treat nonsurgically.
Old 06-01-2013   #45
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If he doesn't play in minicamp, he likely has suffered a meniscus tear that they are trying to treat nonsurgically.
So is there much of a chance this injury could end up being serious enough to
be season-ending for Williams ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
If it's truly a "minor" outer ring meniscus tear, 6-8 weeks of aggressive rehab without allowing exposure to re-injury or injury extension should result in return to play thereafter. Of course, if this is the case, he will still have fallen behind in his position development, having missed a good part of OTAs and minicamp.

If it is simply a "minor" collateral ligament sprain, he should be back for minicamp.
Old 06-01-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I'm sure there's a chance. Especially if the Texans aren't smart about his treatment & rehab.

However, right now we don't know the extent of his injury. CnD is stating that if Brennan isn't participating in minicamp, that would be another clue to Williams' injury.
Old 06-01-2013   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If it's truly a "minor" outer ring meniscus tear, 6-8 weeks of aggressive rehab without allowing exposure to re-injury or injury extension should result in return to play thereafter. Of course, if this is the case, he will still have fallen behind in his position development, having missed a good part of OTAs and minicamp.

If it is simply a "minor" collateral ligament sprain, he should be back for minicamp.
So this is inaccurate?

Williams, who will compete for the Texans' starting right tackle job this season, left the morning rookie mini-camp practice early with a knee injury. He had an MRI that revealed no major damage and will resume football activities next week.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-0c1d0d1c38ea
Old 06-01-2013   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So this is inaccurate?

Williams, who will compete for the Texans' starting right tackle job this season, left the morning rookie mini-camp practice early with a knee injury. He had an MRI that revealed no major damage and will resume football activities next week.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-0c1d0d1c38ea
"No major damage" (or as has been referred to previously "injury which will not require surgery")doesn't rule out lesser damage. Note that the date of the above report was May 11........over 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-01-2013   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Note that the date of the above report was May 11........over 2 weeks ago.
exactly did I miss something? Did he not return? I cannot find anything more recent & guess I just missed. Even reread this thread.
Old 06-01-2013   #51
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
exactly did I miss something? Did he not return? I cannot find anything more recent & guess I just missed. Even reread this thread.
There are no reports of his participation in last week's OTAs that I am aware of.
Old 06-01-2013   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

did not see any mention of him being out and just assumed he was ok or being given a bit more time to heal.
Old 06-01-2013   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

"May return next week."
Old 06-02-2013   #54
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-6f8940fa7f82

Still rehabbing. Not practicing, could return next week according to the link provided above.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

But Jerrah had a 5th round grade based on his leaked pics
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-6f8940fa7f82

Still rehabbing. Not practicing, could return next week according to the link provided above.
Ok thanks to you and playoffs. Last comments I saw by Kubiak mentioned some injured players but not Williams. Hopefully he is doing well.
Old 06-04-2013   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

RT Williams thinks he'll miss rest of spring

Quote:
I think Im close, Williams said. I think Im going to run out of time before Im actually cleared to play. I think Im going to be fine. I think were going to be out of minicamp by the time they say, Go ahead and do everything.
Old 06-04-2013   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
A) How hard is it to not click on a link?

B) There are tons of threads on here and you come into the one that you find ludicrous when it is clearly labeled as a draft grade thread?

And how is this different from giving your opinion on anything else that you don't know the outcome of? C) It's just a prediction.
A) Well, that would be the dumbest thing ever considering dude has never played a down.

B) Yes.... There are tons of threads on here and yes I come into the one (or many) where I think it's ludicrous to give a draft grade on some unknown commodity.
--------------------> I.E. Duane Brown. How stupid was it for anyone to give him less than an A+ although many said he was a "reach, at best".

C) I get you on the "It's just a prediction" thing, but some things are more predictable than others. Case in point, property and small business taxes going up v. the success of Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Jamunchies Ruffles succeeding.

So... I feel ya.
Old 06-05-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
B) Yes.... There are tons of threads on here and yes I come into the one (or many) where I think it's ludicrous to give a draft grade on some unknown commodity.
--------------------> I.E. Duane Brown. How stupid was it for anyone to give him less than an A+ although many said he was a "reach, at best".
I bet Kubiak, Smith, & Dennison had a grade on Duane Brown before he did jack in the NFL.

I bet they had a grade on Brennan Williams as well. Just Like Brown's I bet that grade changes as time goes on.
Old 06-05-2013   #60
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A) Well, that would be the dumbest thing ever considering dude has never played a down.

C) I get you on the "It's just a prediction" thing, but some things are more predictable than others. Case in point, property and small business taxes going up v. the success of Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Jamunchies Ruffles succeeding.

So... I feel ya.
Look, it's a prediction based on how a person feels about a prospect.

But thanks for pointing out that sometimes the predictions are wrong.

I'm sure we'll all keep that enlightening information in mind as we move forward in our evaluations and daily life as this revelation is absolutely shocking and new to me.

Signed,

The human race
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read