Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2013   #241
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

PDS ‏@PatDStat 17m
TE Ryan Griffin also has some drops. Struggles with routes then like a switch he puts a string of good routes and catches together. #Texans

Bonner had some easy catches that led to drops. Then he goes vertical and runs by a corner for a deep ball TD. Has all the skill. #Texans

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 21m
@HoustonTexans OTAs: Keshawn Martin VERY impressed with Shane Lechler. Have to really prepare for his kind of big punts, esp in wind.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 31m
Ben Tate says that this a big season for him and brought up the fact that this is a contract year for him. #texans texanstalk

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 33m
@HoustonTexans OTA Kubiak comments: Very high praise for Earl Mitchell. Acting like full time starter.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 38m
Kubiak said he spoke to Ed Reed, who's rehabbing in Atlanta and will be back in Houston for minicamp.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 39m
Kubiak says #texans Arian Foster has good calf stain. On crutches for a few days. Won't be back out. Until training camp

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield now
Kubiak on NT Earl Mitchell: "If it’s time to be a big-time guy, it’s time, and Earl’s acting like that right now." #Texans

Backup QB competition: T.J. Yates, Case Keenum split the 1st-team reps in team portion of practice today #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 46s
Favorite matchup to watch is Kareem vs. DeAndre. Jackson gives Hopkins fits majority of the time. #Texans

Good to see Brandon Harris (head) and Brice McCain (foot) back at full speed today. Harris had a solid day today. #Texans

I keep seeing rookie cornerback A.J. Bouye make plays. Today was no different. Seems like he is always breaking up passes. #Texans

Really liking the player Garrett Graham is turning into. Him and Schaub looked good in 7 on 7 together. #Texans

Despite Trevardo Williams speed, the TEs worked him good in coverage. Williams has the quickness to cover, but has to learn it. #Texans

Cierre Wood is the RB of the rookies that has the edge. Bigger frame, runs well and looks better built for the running game #Texans

Hard not to like Dennis Johnson at runningback. Still looks in tune with the offense. Good with the ball in his hands. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 1m
I have a lot of respect for the #Texans veterans. All have been seen helping out the younger players during drills and down time.

The rookies had more of the playbook installed this week. You can tell a considerable difference with them. Way more thinking. #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-29-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #242
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Sounds like he got it pretty good. I expect him to be ready by TC
This is when you wonder when that large amount of carries will start to pile onto the wear and tear. Tate should get more if healthy.
Old 05-29-2013   #243
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fine-for-camp/

so from not much to pretty good in a day
Old 05-29-2013   #244
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Sounds like he got it pretty good. I expect him to be ready by TC
I don't have a link, but I heard BenTate's comments about getting extra reps. Basically said it's no big deal, can't learn anything in practice.....

I think he's going to be in the doghouse again in 2013.
Old 05-29-2013   #245
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote sheet today. Last comment is a new one. It was windy as hell.

Quote:
Head Coach Gary Kubiak
(on RB Arian Foster’s injury) “He has a pretty good calf strain, and we left him in (the training room) today. He’s hobbling; he’s on crutches today and will be for a couple of days. He’s going to be fine, but don’t expect me to bring him back out here. We’ve got two weeks left, so we’ll just go to work on getting him healthy, getting him ready for training camp. It’s unfortunate, but we feel lucky, too. He didn’t do anything; just took a step. He’s going to be OK, but like I said, don’t expect to see him again (in organized team activities).”

(on whether RB Arian Foster could return to practice during the team’s minicamp June 11-13) “No, I don’t expect that. We’ve got two weeks left of the offseason, so obviously we’re not going to do anything to take a risk with him.”

(on whether he expects RB Arian Foster to be in danger of missing any parts of training camp) “No, luckily we’ve got, what, two months almost now before we get ready to go. It might have ruined Arian’s summer; he’s going to have to be here a lot, but that’s OK and he’s going to be OK.”

(on if there are any other health issues with the team) “No, we’ve still got the problem with (TE Phillip) Supernaw and (NT) Sunny Harris. They have not been back since they had their issue the second day. I rested a lot of older guys today, or veteran guys. I wanted to watch a lot of young players practice in different positions, with the first group and stuff, but other than that we’re fine.”

(on the status of S Ed Reed) “I had a long conversation with Ed yesterday. I think he actually got back to Atlanta on Saturday. We have him in a rehab program there in Atlanta. Next week, I think, is their (Baltimore’s) ring ceremony and going to the White House, so that’s pretty important for him to get that stuff done there. But he will be back here as we approach the mandatory minicamp and be here for the rehab process, so you guys should see him in, about a week.”

(on the play of the quarterbacks today compared to Tuesday’s practice) “They were better today. They struggled a little bit yesterday, especially in some seven-on-seven stuff, but that’s part of it, and come back today and were pretty darn good today. I actually let (QBs) T.J. (Yates) and Case (Keenum) split the team portion of practice today with the first group and held (QB) Matt (Schaub) out. I wanted to see those guys operate with our ones, and both of them, I thought, had a pretty good practice.”

(on the improvement shown by QB T.J. Yates) “T.J.’s career has been interesting because it was like, ‘Boom,’ at once, and so many great things happened that year and his confidence is sky-high. And then you come back your second year and play the preseason, not play but about 20 snaps in the regular season and it seemed like nothing went right in those 20 snaps. That’s part of being a backup quarterback, because you hinge on that confidence for long periods of time, so we just need to get him going again. He’s working hard, he’s doing good stuff, he’s getting pushed extremely hard. What is this, now, year three? So I’m expecting him to continue to grow as a player.”

(on RB Ben Tate) “Ben’s fine. Obviously, he steps up today and works as the starter, but Ben’s been working good either way. He’s had a really good offseason; he’s been here every day, and it’s an opportunity for him this next six practices to be the bell cow, so to speak, and that’ll be good for him in the long run.”

(on FB Greg Jones’ performance thus far in minicamp) “We’re not in pads, and obviously that’s where a fullback’s strength is, when you watch them in pads. But what we’re going to do is we’re going to be smart with him. He’s definitely going to be a one-a-day guy, maybe a one-every-day guy. I know what he can do; I know what he’s going to bring to this team and I want to make sure I get the most out of him late in his career. I’ve been very impressed with his mental approach and his professional approach to what he’s doing. That’s why we brought him here.”

(on NT Earl Mitchell) “You watch practice every day and Earl acts like a full-time starter. What year is Earl? Three, four, something like that? If it’s time to be a big-time guy, it’s time and Earl’s acting like that. That’s been big for him.”

(on what he wants to see out of RB Ben Tate in the offseason and training camp) “I just want him to be healthy, that’s the biggest thing. When Ben’s on the field, he’s productive. He needs to have a good offseason, which he’s doing his part and he’s done all of that. Obviously, now his reps are going to pick up, but to me, if Ben’s in one piece, Ben is going to be very productive for this team.”

(on what he told the team at the end of practice) “Oh, I don’t even know what I said. I forget from one minute to the next. We were just talking about a couple of things. I think what I was probably talking about was I told the guys that it says a lot about your team when the coach can sit down 12 veterans and watch you practice the way you practiced today. That’s a big part of what we do for a living. We’re going to have guys get hurt; we’re going to have guys miss games, and there can never be an excuse in what we do. So that was my message today, and I liked the way we practiced.”

(on rookie TE Ryan Griffin) “He’s doing a lot of good things. Doing a lot of rookie stuff, too, but he’s very talented. He’s getting a lot of reps because O.D. (TE Owen Daniels) is only going every other day. He fits the mold for what’s been successful with us, so we’re excited to have him.”

NOTE: The final two questions of Gary Kubiak’s press conference are not included in this transcript. Some of the recorded audio was indecipherable due to wind.
Old 05-29-2013   #246
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I liked what I saw from Earl Mitchell last year. I don't know the stats, but I know what I saw. I saw a guy always in the backfield making plays, and then coming back out to sit on the bench so Cody could come back in.
I'm not a big stat guy. They can be misleading but if he were "always in the backfield making plays" I would think he would have better stats than, ZERO sacks, TWO tackles for loss and only ONE QB hit in EIGHTEEN GAMES!
Old 05-29-2013   #247
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I'm not a big stat guy. They can be misleading but if he were "always in the backfield making plays" I would think he would have better stats than, ZERO sacks, TWO tackles for loss and only ONE QB hit in EIGHTEEN GAMES!
FWIW, no pads, but Kubiak was as animated talking about Earl Mitchell as anyone. Surprisingly so.

Sort of like Keshawn Martin talking Shane Lechler. Quiet guy and then when you ask about returning Lechler's punts, he got really animated about BOOM those kicks.
Old 05-29-2013   #248
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
PDS ‏@PatDStat 46s
Favorite matchup to watch is Kareem vs. DeAndre. Jackson gives Hopkins fits majority of the time. #Texans
Oh no, our new star receiver is struggling versus our weakest link/secret superstar!!!

Old 05-29-2013   #249
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm wondering why Arian's strain occurred so easily. Maybe he over-trained during his workouts, and didn't rest the muscle long enough. What is the typical cause of that injury?
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #250
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm wondering why Arian's strain occurred so easily. Maybe he over-trained during his workouts, and didn't rest the muscle long enough. What is the typical cause of that injury?
Something like that can happen at any time.

He could have been slightly over-trained. He could have actually injured it doing something else but didn't realize it or didn't realize how bad it was. Or the random factors might have just aligned and whammo.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #251
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

He could have been slightly over-trained. He could have actually injured it doing something else but didn't realize it or didn't realize how bad it was. Or the random factors might have just aligned and whammo.
UH-OH, is that a mandatory 4 game suspension like when Cush "over-trained?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #252
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

SOTT Texans OTAs: Day Five Recap

Quote:
- Brandon Harris returned to practice for the Texans and looked just as good after suffering a head injury last week when he collided with receiver DeAndre Hopkins. Harris once again showed some good ball skills and broke up some passes. He has been really active on defense, especially in team drills.

- Cornerback Brice McCain also returned to full speed. He was being held out of team drills to make sure he was comfortable with his broken foot that landed him on the injured reserve last season. McCain has been participating in individual drills and looked like he was getting his feet back under him in team drills. McCain showed he still has top end speed and is still one of the fastest players for the team on the field.

- We can’t go into particulars but the Texans’ special teams look like they are going to be much improved compared to last season. The addition of Shane Lechler and a healthy Randy Bullock should help out the Texans’ kicking and field position game. Also, there is a concentrated effort to get better on the back-end of the roster and find guys that can consistently contribute on special teams. It is a work in progress but initial signs have looked good from OTAs.

- Enough has not been said about the practices that Garrett Graham has put together. Graham has been running solid routes and the offense does not skip a beat with him with the first group. He looks like the tight end that the Texans want for the future and looks to be a key piece of the offense this season. He has really come into his own and has worked well with quarterback Matt Schaub.

- Rookie cornerback A.J. Bouye just makes plays in the secondary. He has batted down more passes than anyone in the secondary and always seems like he is in the right spot to make plays. He, like all of the rookies, struggled on Tuesday with new material but responded well today.

- Wide Receiver Alan Bonner is one of the more intriguing rookies out there for the Texans. Bonner dropped some easy passes where he was wide open but then showed some serious skills when he ran by a cornerback and caught a deep ball for a touchdown. Bonner has the ability to stretch the field and shows a skill set that made him a draftable player. He has a great get off from the line of scrimmage and can get in and out of breaks with ease. He is still rough around the edges but if Coach Kirksey can refine his skills, he can be a good one

- Ryan Griffin also falls into what makes him a rookie with his hot and cold moments on the field. He might be wrong on a depth of a route or drop a pass, but then he comes back and makes an impressive tight rope sideline catch. Griffin has been trying to work on his consistency during the OTA session and he is learning he can compete with these players. His shining moment was when he and D.J. Swearinger were going one on one in the team portion of practice and Griffin worked Swearinger with ease in the open field. His sheer size (6-6, 256 lbs.) and movement skills are impressive and he is bigger than any TE on the roster.
read more: http://www.stateofthetexans.com/texa...s-day-5-recap/
Old 05-30-2013   #253
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Been saying that Bouye is a player.
His tapes impressed me a lot.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #254
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply astounding to me how these kids come into camp & compete for a job. Makes UDFA process more important than previously imagined. Of course this is a reflection of Texans scouting department. Good job gentlemen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #255
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
SOTT Texans OTAs: Day Five Recap
Quote:
Also, there is a concentrated effort to get better on the back-end of the roster and find guys that can consistently contribute on special teams. It is a work in progress but initial signs have looked good from OTAs.
29 UDFAs...... makes perfect sense now. I hope that's what we needed & not the other thing (because I don't see it happening at this point).

Old 05-30-2013   #256
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Although this injury is typically seen as a result of overuse, calf strain can also occur suddenly if the muscle becomes over stretched for example when warm-up exercises have been missed out or are inadequate for the level of activity, causing the patient to over stretch the muscle while performing activities that require resistance against that muscle, such as running, kicking, jumping or skipping movements.

The way this particular injury is handled is extremely important in light of its high potential to re-injury......especially in a running back where recurrence can empirically be extremely troublesome.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #257
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Simply astounding to me how these kids come into camp & compete for a job. Makes UDFA process more important than previously imagined. Of course this is a reflection of Texans scouting department. Good job gentlemen
Agree, looking like a strong group of UDFAs the scouts put together & the team was able to sign.
Old 05-30-2013   #258
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Texans OC Dennison wants Oline to impose their will in redzone with run. Rise of run gm no surprise to me

Andre Johnson's TD numbers artificially depressed due to nature of offense. Many targets, preference to run near goal line. Foster vultured.

When Kubiak came to #Texans he told Andre Johnson his reception numbers would go up. AJ was happy about that. And it came to pass.

I personally don't think Andre Johnson's 2012 numbers are too high a % of offense. Look at his (ab)normal rec numbers for 16 game seasons.

Asked Kubiak about the high % of offense going thru Andre Johnson in 2012. He told me "It's going to happen again."

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Alan Bonner had an impressive leaping catch today in tight coverage. Solid WR that just keeps getting better.

Sharpton taking 1st team ILB reps with Reed?

Had a chance to talk to Brandon Harris said he feels great after the concussion he suffered last week.

Best thing about OTAs get to see players get better. S Jawanza Starling has slowly been getting the defense down. Very aggressive. #Texans

Shiloh Keo and Kareem Jackson both had interceptions today. Keo had his off a tipped pass and Jackson with another solid play. #Texans

Pretty impressed with Matt Schaub today. Made to tough throws through some tight windows. Look sharp, best day of OTAs. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
"He's got the tools of a big time player." Kubiak on Brandon Brooks. Kubiak says that he is #Texans starter at RG. #Texanstalk

Gary Kubiak says that next week will be a lot of work in the Redzone and situational teaching. #Texanstalk #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-30-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2013   #259
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just love the OTA updates. Keep 'em coming!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #260
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 1h
“I’ve never seen him move like that before, all trim and cut up. Looks like a julienne salad.” Antonio Smith on @briancushing56

"Brian Cushing's gonna come back and be... 'Ultimate Cush.' Like the Ultimate Warrior." @antoniosmith94 #Texans

Kubiak on @JJWatt: “Special person, special player. We better enjoy it every day. They don’t come along like that very often.” #Texans

Gary Kubiak named S Eddie Pleasant & CB Brandon Harris a couple times this week as impressive young players #Texans

With Ed Reed out of OTAs, S DJ Swearinger has been working w/ the 1st-team defense in dime along w/ Keo, D. Manning #Texans

Gary Kubiak on OTAs: "I think it’s been really good. I like the focus. It’s a good group. They know how to work." #Texans

The #Texans finished their 2nd week of OTAs today. 4 more practices next week, then a 3-day mini-camp June 11-13

Gary Kubiak on DJ Swearinger: "He’s got a ton of confidence. He just walks out here like he belongs, and he does." #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
Watching the #Texans DBs work in group together is fun to see. There is constant competition and Vance Joseph is a non stop worker.

Ninja also added "J.J. just gave them to me, I didn't have to do anything for them." #Texans

Talked to Ninja about wearing the MegaWatts[shoes] yesterday to practice, he said "J.J. knew I better have been the first one to get them."

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 2h
Gary Kubiak says 2nd year guard Brandon Brooks is the starter and that the job is his to lose. Brooks is powerful & down 25 pounds this yr

PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
Scheme plays a big part in draft boards, just interesting to see what other teams have as grades for players. #Texans

Hopkins (2nd) Swearinger (3rd) Brennan Williams (5th) Trevardo Williams (7th) David Quessenberry (7th) Other picks were not on board.

According to the leaked Cowboys draft board they had the following round grades on the #Texans draft picks.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 3h
Smith's contract poses a cap problem as it stands right now. Will blog some more in a second.

Antonio Smith said he's told #Texans he wants to spend the rest of his career in Houston. Said team told him they're open to an extension.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
J.J. Watt says the biggest growth he's seen in Earl Mitchell is his confidence.

Gary Kubiak says that next week will be a lot of work in the Redzone and situational teaching.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read