Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-28-2013   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MJD arrested for beating up security guard at Reggae event

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/28/mauric...tclub-florida/

Quote:
Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew has been charged with battery after allegedly KO'ing a security guard at the Conch House in St. Augustine, FL ... TMZ has learned.

According to the police report obtained by TMZ, MJD is accused of striking the security guard with a closed fist on the guard's left cheek, knocking him out.

According to cops, the punch was intentional.

The incident went down during "Reggae Sundays" at the Conch House restaurant on May 26.

According to the police report, witnesses say ... MJD's buddy was told by security to stop touching a young female. The buddy allegedly "slapped" a security guard on his chest ... and a melee ensued.

Yeeeeeeeeeeep.
Old 05-28-2013   #2
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MJD arrested for beating up security guard at Reggae event

Hate to hear that about MJD, but I got no doubt he could knock a sukker out with a single punch. Do you happen to remember that flat-footed bloc he put on one-time stud LB Shawne Merriman ? Knocked him on his azz.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Hate to hear that about MJD, but I got no doubt he could knock a sukker out with a single punch. Do you happen to remember that flat-footed bloc he put on one-time stud LB Shawne Merriman ? Knocked him on his azz.
The security dude could've been tall. Otherwise MJD would've needed a boost to throw a punch
Old 05-28-2013   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

From the article:

Quote:
One of the security guards reportedly put MJD's friend in a headlock to stop the fight ... and that's when MJD stepped in and clocked the guard.
Thug.
Old 05-28-2013   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The security dude could've been tall. Otherwise MJD would've needed a boost to throw a punch
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodell will now get to proverbial slap him up side the head. Good.
Old 05-28-2013   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Ha, classic
Old 05-28-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran

Source said no formal charges have been filed on Jones-Drew and investigation is still ongoing. MJD is already back in Miami. #jaguars
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran

Source said no formal charges have been filed on Jones-Drew and investigation is still ongoing. MJD is already back in Miami. #jaguars
MJD's agent said the same thing in a press release.
Old 05-28-2013   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
From the article:

Thug.
Really hard to say with night club incidents where violence happens with an athlete or celeb unless there is video footage or multiple witnesses from different parties. The night club and the police can almost always tell the story that actually hits the papers and can make it look like they did absolutely nothing wrong and were just protecting themselves or other patrons in the club. A lot of these bouncers are freaking thugs and bullies that get off on assaulting people in clubs. I was succer punched in the eye one time at Club Roxy in Houston when I was about 19 years old while I was walking up some stairs. Didn't even see the punch coming until it was inches from my eye. THe bouncer was on the stairway right next to the guy that hit me and he watched this guy steal me. Right as I got popped and got ready to lunge back at this guy, this 300 pound gorilla bouncer grabbed me by my neck and dragged me out of there like a rag doll. NExt thing you know I'm outside of the club with blood dripping from my eye all over the place. I told the officer outside that I wanted to go back in and identify the man who hit me and the bouncer who allowed him to assault me, and he wouldn't let me do a thing and kicked me out of the parking lot. Even today, I still have no idea what the guy looked like who hit me or why he hit me. I wasn't drunk or faded, nor did I have any confrontation. What I can tell you though, is that the bouncer knew that guy was going to hit me before hand and it had to have been planned for the bouncer to immediately grab me knowing I got succer punched for no reason.

That was just one majorly ****ed up thing that happened to me in a night club, but I've seen tons of others I could tell you about. You're very big against crooked police officers, well I can tell you that most police that do side work as security for night clubs are generally almost all dirty and will get behind the club no matter what the employees do in the night club to the patrons. It's a very dirty atmosphere.

I'm not sure if MJD was really at fault or not, and I generally hold this opinion when I hear of incidents like this unless it involves a person who has had multiple incidents of violence especially at night clubs like so many athletes have. (Pac Man JOnes, Jim Brown, Steven Jackson, Joey Porter). MJD is far as I know has never been in any trouble and carries himself pretty well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MJD will not be charged

Maurice Jones-Drew reportedly will not be charged

Quote:
WJXT 4 in Jacksonville first reported Tuesday that Jones-Drew will not be charged by prosecutors for a May 25 incident in St. Augustine, Florida. The Florida Times-Union and FOX 30 quickly confirmed the report. A security guard had alleged that Jones-Drew attacked him at "The Conch House."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTbCtjX_y0w

one of my favorite youtube videos...the sound edit cracks me up every single time.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read