Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-28-2013   #21
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: Adrian Peterson comes out with his Opinion: He's "not with it"

He has an opinion, which I share. Good for him to speak his mind in the face of 'media over-hyped' backlash. Apparently not hopping on the gay-bandwagon is frowned upon by today's society. I do not care about your sexual orientation, but do not throw it in my face and expect me to applaud you!

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #22
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
He has an opinion, which I share. Good for him to speak his mind in the face of 'media over-hyped' backlash. Apparently not hopping on the gay-bandwagon is frowned upon by today's society. I do not care about your sexual orientation, but do not throw it in my face and expect me to applaud you!
Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, considered to be the pivotal vote on the issue, said the court was in “uncharted waters.” He questioned whether it should have even accepted the case, in which lower courts struck down California’s voter-approved Proposition 8, which restricted marriage to heterosexual couples.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-marriage-act
Even Justice Sonia Sotomayor, whose questioning indicated that she was skeptical of the reasons proffered for why gay couples should not be allowed to marry, seemed to think that it might not be time for the court to make a bold decision.
“If the issue is letting the states experiment and letting the society have more time to figure out its direction, why is taking a case now the answer?” she asked.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-marriage-act
Texaninlild, you and AD have questions, reservations about gay marriage. Well you clearly aren't alone, because these 2 members of the Supreme Court including the all-important swing-vote Anthony M. Kennedy and even Obama appointee Sonia Sotomayor aren't necessarily buying into the proposition of
gay-marriage, at least maybe not at this point in time.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He's a running back. It's not like he's a philosophy major.
Old 05-28-2013   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Well you clearly aren't alone, because these 2 members of the Supreme Court including the all-important swing-vote Anthony M. Kennedy and even Obama appointee Sonia Sotomayor aren't necessarily buying into the proposition of gay-marriage, at least maybe not at this point in time.
You are missing the point of their comments which is about the procedural history of this case. If they do nothing then gay marriage is legal in California despite the vote on Proposition 8.
Old 05-28-2013   #25
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

You just got the feeling that after Chris Kluwe left the Minnesota Vikings, that some other player would come forward with an opinion on gay marriage. Kluwe of course, is a huge advocate for gay marriage, getting involved on a national and political level. As far as the player who would say something the opposite of Kluwe, I wouldn’t have predicted it would be Adrian Peterson.
AP was asked his thoughts on gay marriage during a recent interview, and he answered very candidly.
“To each his own, (but) I’m not with it. I have relatives who are gay. I’m not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love ‘em. But again, I’m not with that. That’s not something I believe in. But to each his own.”
Many people are not going to like his comments, but Peterson is correct when he says ‘to each his own.’ This is merely AP’s opinion, and he’s entitled to it. Agree, or disagree, he has the right to give his stance on an issue.
I think it’s unfortunate that Peterson answered the question, though, because his answer is not relevant to the game of football. Regardless of his stance, he’s just a football player. I don’t think people should be looking to athletes for their opinions on big ticket items, like gay marriage.
To me, these are topics best left off the table. Of course he’s going to get asked the question, but the best response would have just been a polite refusal to answer. Football fans don’t need to know what Adrian Peterson thinks about gay marriage. Now, because he chose a side, he’ll no doubt lose some fans. I find that to be unfortunate.
Whether you agree or disagree with AP, just remember, he gets paid to play a game. At the same time, he’s an American entitled to his opinion, and you have to respect the freedom that he has to pick a side. We often criticize athletes for being to generic in their responses, then we freak out when they speak candidly. At least Peterson is honest, and I can assure you that it ultimately won’t affect what he does on Sundays, which is all I really care about.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...lxrILhzrtE6.99
So here's some social media type who apparently is supportive of Kluwe and his pro gay-marriage stance, seems to be complimentary that he's an activist on "national and political level".
OK, but then let some "dumb jock" come out with his thoughts on gay marriage, and this Fischer guy is all over him, very critical, really a tone of condemnation. Wow ! Talk about somebody with a bias and clearly his own agenda.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Adrian Peterson once compared NFL players to slaves during the lockout, so his opinion on literally everything should be rendered completely irrelevant.
QFT.

The next time I care what Adrian Peterson has to say about anything in life will be the first time I care what Adrian Peterson has to say about anything.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
~ Frank Zappa

Society will continue to progress in spite of archaic beliefs by an ever diminishing number of citizens.
Old 05-28-2013   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
This is based on what exactly?
This is the article I was thinking of when writing that, have a read:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mind...ord-homosexual

Quote:
To stop prejudice-based bullying, gay people need to be normalised - not distanced by language. Plain English dictates that we use "people" instead of Homo sapiens so it follows that "gay people" is less stigmatising than "homosexuals". The noun "homosexual" is equally dehumanising and cold. Reporting needs to be neutral. To be clear, I'm not advocating saccharine and perfunctory warmth to replace this coldness "those fabulous, wonderful gays!" but the entirely neutral "gay people".

There's a deeper, more important reason to scrap this pernicious noun. It's loaded with discriminatory baggage. "Homosexual" was the carefully chosen oppressive medical vernacular employed to describe gay people as mentally ill. The American Psychiatric Association officially declassified it as a mental illness in 1974; the World Health Organisation eventually followed suit in 1992. But the hangover effect lives on: some medical professionals still use it as a justification for carrying out so-called "homosexual-cure" therapies. As such, "homosexual" can never be thought to come from a neutral position.
Old 05-28-2013   #28
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He's a running back. It's not like he's a philosophy major.
Yeah, only RBs from Tennessee can be philosophize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read