Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2013   #21
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Funny thing about goals.
Jon Kitna couldn't hold Watt's jock strap.

Anyone can say something but the ones who mean it will make it happen. You can post a whole lot of nothing from a whole lot of nothings but you'd have to believe that if Watt says he can do something that he most likely will.

Like VY saying the Eagles were the "Dream Team."
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Jon Kitna couldn't hold Watt's jock strap.

Anyone can say something but the ones who mean it will make it happen. You can post a whole lot of nothing from a whole lot of nothings but you'd have to believe that if Watt says he can do something that he most likely will.
:
I just thought it was funny that Kitna set his goal at 10 games. Wasn't trying to insinuate anything about JjWatt.

'cak posted a picture about a moosenuckle or something like that in another thread. Your post brought that image back to mind.
Old 05-26-2013   #23
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just thought it was funny that Kitna set his goal at 10 games. Wasn't trying to insinuate anything about JjWatt.

'cak posted a picture about a moosenuckle or something like that in another thread. Your post brought that image back to mind.
Wasn't attacking you or anything, just referencing the same thing you were.
Old 05-26-2013   #24
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
As far as JJo and KJax, you saw JJo get burnt more and more often as opposed to KJax who improved EVEN more after each game. If they are saving money for JJ Watt then they might need to let JJo go at some point IF (and only if) it can save them money.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

While it's not difficult to argue that KJ had the better season in '12 I think we can all agree that JJo was dealing with injuries much like he had during his stint in Cincy. When healthy, he's the player that made many of us want to send Aso a "thank you" card for stringing Rick Smith along until Rick quit playing and pulled the trigger on JJo and DMann.

It sounds like he's healthy again at OTAs from the comment Kubes or it might have been TC made last week saying JJo (paraphrasing) was making it tough on Matt, AJ and DeAndre effectively shutting them down when they came to his part of the field. Here's what Steph had to say in her blog on Friday, the 24th.

Quote:
Jonathan Joseph looked back-pocket sharp in his coverage. Which is what fans expect of him but after his injuries of last season, it is nice to see.
Not the exact quote I was looking for but gets the point across, I think.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 05-26-2013 at 12:43 PM.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #26
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

While it's difficult to argue that KJ had the better season in '12 I think we can all agree that JJo was dealing with injuries much like he had during his stint in Cincy. When healthy, he's the player that made many of us want to send Aso a "thank you" card for stringing Rick Smith along until Rick quit playing and pulled the trigger on JJo and DMann.

It sounds like he's healthy again at OTAs from the comment Kubes or it might have been TC made last week saying JJo (paraphrasing) was making it tough on Matt, AJ and DeAndre effectively shutting them down when they came to his part of the field. Here's what Steph had to say in her blog on Friday, the 24th.

Not the exact quote I was looking for but gets the point across, I think.

Agreed. If he can stay healthy he's the player we signed and will play for this team for a few more years to come but to keep Mr. our FO needs to think of possible ways to save money whether that's keep a JJo, cut A.Smith, cut D.Manning, who knows.

A lot of good players on this defense, i'm glad I don't need to make the decisions.
Old 05-26-2013   #27
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not know Kareem was a superstar.......good player...yes....but superstar?......not yet......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

While it's not difficult to argue that KJ had the better season in '12 I think we can all agree that JJo was dealing with injuries much like he had during his stint in Cincy. When healthy, he's the player that made many of us want to send Aso a "thank you" card for stringing Rick Smith along until Rick quit playing and pulled the trigger on JJo and DMann.
No doubt. If Kj continues to develop positively (& I see no reason for him not to) & Jjo returns to 2011 form & JjWatt continues to be a bada55 & Antonio has another career year & Cushing comes back healthy & Reed provides the "rep" we need, & Manning gets back to his 2011....

Man.... we've got a long way to go.
Old 05-27-2013   #29
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No doubt. If Kj continues to develop positively (& I see no reason for him not to) & Jjo returns to 2011 form & JjWatt continues to be a bada55 & Antonio has another career year & Cushing comes back healthy & Reed provides the "rep" we need, & Manning gets back to his 2011....

Man.... we've got a long way to go.
I'm really interested to see what Reed brings to the table from a "coaching" standpoint: disguising coverages, etc. I think that between Reed, JJo and Manning this could get real interesting.
Old 05-27-2013   #30
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Mario was on the lower end of the "good" scale. Watt is on the high end of "great". There's a very high likelihood that he'll be the 1st Texan inducted into the HOF. Mario will only get in there with a ticket.

McNair will make sure JJ stays in Houston.
Baring injury Watt will be in the HOF, but the 1st Texan in should be AJ. If the Texans can make it to the SB in the next 2 years, and AJ has another good year or 2, then I think he'll be a lock. If he just has another good year, and the Texans don't make the SB, he still has a very high chance of getting in when he retires. Either way, I think he's the 1st Texan in the HOF.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #31
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We'll have to wait & see how the contracts play out. If either of them are interested in getting the biggest contract possible, that guy will be moving on. While Bob ain't cheap, we're not going to overpay for anyone..... including JjWatt.

Don't get me wrong, if Kj & Jjo continue to play well, they'll deserve to get paid. Like I said, Bob will be more than willing to pay, but I doubt we'll make either of them the highest paid CB in the league, warranted or no.

We'll also have to develop another starting corner.
JJ Watt is going nowhere. Ever. We will keep him, and we will sell Reliant Stadium to China if we have to in order to afford it.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Baring injury Watt will be in the HOF, but the 1st Texan in should be AJ. If the Texans can make it to the SB in the next 2 years, and AJ has another good year or 2, then I think he'll be a lock. If he just has another good year, and the Texans don't make the SB, he still has a very high chance of getting in when he retires. Either way, I think he's the 1st Texan in the HOF.
It's tough for receivers to get into the HOF. While AJ has easily been the greatest Texan, I'm not sure he'll have HOF stats, especially touchdowns, by the time he retires. I really hope he proves me wrong, though.
Old 05-27-2013   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
JJ Watt is going nowhere. Ever. We will keep him, and we will sell Reliant Stadium to China if we have to in order to afford it.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

But it unless selling Reliant to China can give us some salary cap relief, I don't think it's going to help us any.
Old 05-27-2013   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
If Kareem continues to improve, expect JJoe to be moved or cut
Joseph's guarantee has been met but if cut after 2013 cap hit is about $7.5 m

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-t...nathan-joseph/
Old 05-27-2013   #35
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89652

aj is a longshot to make the hof when you see some of the wrs who haven't been able to make it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #36
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

But it unless selling Reliant to China can give us some salary cap relief, I don't think it's going to help us any.
Cute. My point is, Bob McNair will get rid of every single player on this roster if it means keeping JJ.

We don't have to worry about losing JJ; we DO have to worry about losing players we like in order to keep him. It's inevitable.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89652

aj is a longshot to make the hof when you see some of the wrs who haven't been able to make it
Yeah, might not have wanted to pull that link out since the other guy you mentioned is now in the Hall.

Here is the problem with the "there are other WR's" argument - name one you are comparing him to who was ever considered the best in the NFL, not really good, not had a great career, the absolute best in the NFL for even part of his career.

Last edited by infantrycak; 05-27-2013 at 07:38 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #38
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I did not know Kareem was a superstar.......good player...yes....but superstar?......not yet......
Take a look at some of the others PFF featured as "secret superstars". Dwayne Allen. Cecil Shorts. Joique Bell. I had to lookup Joique to see what team he plays for (Lions). That's how big a secret he is.

In comparison to these guys, yeah Jackson is a superstar. Compared to JJ Watt or Andre Johnson, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
If Andre finishes out his contract (4 years remaining), he's a lock to be in the top 5 all time in receiving yards. Possibly 2nd depending on how long Reggie Wayne plays. That's HOF worthy to me, though 1st ballot might require more playoff success or perhaps a Super Bowl ring.
Old 05-27-2013   #39
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
If Kareem continues to improve, expect JJoe to be moved or cut

Uh, no.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #40
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If Andre finishes out his contract (4 years remaining), he's a lock to be in the top 5 all time in receiving yards. Possibly 2nd depending on how long Reggie Wayne plays. That's HOF worthy to me, though 1st ballot might require more playoff success or perhaps a Super Bowl ring.
Staying healthy is probably the biggest factor. Hitting double digit TD's at least once in his career would help, also. TD's seem to go a long way with HOF voters.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read