Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2013   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Every NFL Team's Weakest Link: Texans - CB K.Jackson

KJax started out horrible but has turned it around and gotten pretty damn good. I don't trust that source anyway.

Besides, all they do is publish those goddamned slideshows with different advertisements everytime you hit the next button. I DO NOT go to that site.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, Russell Baxter writes for Bleacher Report now? Uggggggg
Old 05-15-2013   #23
Tango
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
But Blackmon did not have a big game at Jackson's expense; just one play.

The other plays weren't on KJax.
Honestly I can barely remember that game - too many moons have gone by for this old fart. Since you're our resident film reviewer here I'll take your word for it.

That said for grins I was looking at Blackmon's stats for 2012:

BY OPP REC YDS AVG
VS. BUF 1 9 9.0
VS. CHI 3 40 13.3
VS. CIN 6 48 8.0
VS. DET 5 32 6.4
VS. GB 4 67 16.8
VS. HOU 7 236 33.7
VS. IND 4 32 8.0
VS. MIA 6 93 15.5
VS. MIN 3 24 8.0
VS. NE 7 79 11.3
VS. NYJ 6 57 9.5
VS. OAK 1 7 7.0
VS. TEN 11 141 12.8

Blackmon had 236 yds against the Texans. The closest other game was against TEN at 141 yards. Everything else is easily below 100 yrds per game. No claim on my part that KJax sucks or anything of that nature (I generally think he's done pretty well). But that 236 yds against our Texans sure does stick out like a sore thumb and begs for an explanation.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #24
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
But that 236 yds against our Texans sure does stick out like a sore thumb and begs for an explanation.
Jacksonville gave up 186 yards to Aaron Rodgers after he shredded us and the Rams in back to back weeks. This is the same defense that gave up over half a thousand to Schaub. Sometimes there really is no explanation for what happens on some Sundays.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Kareem was probably our best DB last season...
I think that is correct. Joseph was hindered by injuries and Jackson really stepped up. As someone said, this seems like a 2011 article. I won't know what the weak link on the team will be until I see them play. But I'm certain it won't be Jackson.
Old 05-15-2013   #26
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think that is correct. Joseph was hindered by injuries and Jackson really stepped up. As someone said, this seems like a 2011 article. I won't know what the weak link on the team will be until I see them play. But I'm certain it won't be Jackson.
What game was it when KJax asked to be switched to their number one guy? Was that against Jacksonville? I believe Kareem didn't take over until the second half and his only slip up was nicely picked up by Manning. If that's the same game.
Old 05-15-2013   #27
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
What game was it when KJax asked to be switched to their number one guy? Was that against Jacksonville? I believe Kareem didn't take over until the second half and his only slip up was nicely picked up by Manning. If that's the same game.
That was against Detroit when we had Alan Ball covering Calvin Johnson for the first half of the game. KJax asked at halftime to start covering Johnson, crazily enough.

What was even crazier was the fact that it worked.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #28
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm not gonna even bother to give this trash a hit and read it. I just hope it was an article from 2011.
No kidding talk about just writing any bs without real analysis. I'd say we had bigger issues on the OL than anything else. As bad as Kareem was as a rookie, the man has come along way to become a solid CB. He deserved the redicule back then but now he deserves the props.
Old 05-15-2013   #29
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, Bleacher Report.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #30
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Team's weakest link is the medical staff.
Old 05-16-2013   #31
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

The one big play on KJax...

HE WAS IN TRAIL.

Baxter is awesome, but that link he posted in the article basically contradicted his point.
Old 05-16-2013   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
^^^^
This

MSR again, Finally somebody who understands what's going on in the Texans hierarchy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
LOL.

The medical staff needs a check-up.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #34
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone here knows i was one of the more critical people against KJ. After what he did last season and the progress he has made i think he is def one of the better #2 CBs in the NFL. I ate crow big time on him and am happy i did cause now we have a very good young CB who will be a big part of this defense for a long time.
Old 05-20-2013   #35
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Marciano by a landslide.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #36
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, there are several answers I would have accepted.

Medical staff, Marciano, RT (what I would`ve picked), any ILB not named Cushing, any WR not named Johnson or even OLB. But KJax? He was one of our best defenders last season. As far as #2CBs go, Id say he is easily top 10.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #37
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 137686 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Joe Marciano by a landslide.
Why? It's not like we let go players who made critical return or receiving touchdowns...oh wait.
Old 05-25-2013   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Everyone here knows i was one of the more critical people against KJ. After what he did last season and the progress he has made i think he is def one of the better #2 CBs in the NFL. I ate crow big time on him and am happy i did cause now we have a very good young CB who will be a big part of this defense for a long time.
what the hell 76 i have been waiting for you to rub this in for over a year. Come on dude dont leave me hanging.
Old 05-25-2013   #39
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Lazy article and premise. Had the writer paid attention at all last year he would've known better.

Without a doubt weakest link on this team is anyone in WE corps not named Andre Johnson. Really it's not even close. Distant second is backups at each safety spot. I nearly Pissed myself this off season adding Reed and Swearinger was monumental. Leo is second weakest link and I hope he's cut.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
what the hell 76 i have been waiting for you to rub this in for over a year. Come on dude dont leave me hanging.
I'm not one to do that; but occasionally, I may just have a little fun at your expense.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read