Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-23-2013   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default The one perfect answer to the Pro Bowl.

We make it a game show.

Quote:
The NFL is apparently willing to try anything to fix the Pro Bowl. Earlier this week Albert Breer of NFL Network reported that the league is discussing game show-like elements, such as paying out prizes during play, in order to “make it so every single minute of the game has some sort of thing that’s going to keep fans interested and engaged.” Breer also said the NFL doesn’t “feel the need to keep the integrity of what a normal football game is.”

You know things are bad when the strict, image-obsessed NFL is willing to tweak its flawless product. (There’s also talk of designating AFC and NFC team captains, who would then pick their teams. But let’s not go crazy here.) The status of this rumored game show scenario is yet to be determined, but if they decide to press their luck (and perhaps be more proactive in controlling the pet population), the rules would more or less write themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The one perfect answer to the Pro Bowl.

It's going to turn into a Madden tournament just so no one gets hurt. Bonus points for players that bring their own remotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Commissioner Rodger Goddell:

The Pro-bowl is a means of telling individual players that they had noteworthy seasons and should be proud for having excelled at their game. Your predacessor Peter Roselle decided to effectively give all of those players who distinguished themselves an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii. This trip is written off on the league's taxes because these players square off and play an exhibition game for bragging rights.

The purpose of this game is not, has never been nor will it EVER be generation of revenue. It's an excuse to fly players to Hawaii and to allow the people of the 50th state who wouldn't otherwise get to SEE an NFL game in person a chance to see the league's best.
The fact that you seem oblivious to all of the aforementioned illustrates precisely why so many players and fans view you as being an imbecile who would better serve the game of football as an anonymous, block headed schmuck in the stands rather than being the commissioner of a game which you OBVIOUSLY don't understand as either a fan or as a businessman.

Respectfully,
Dreadford Headdington III
Houston, Texas

P.S. Tom Brady isn't the only QB in the NFL princess. Players getting hefty fines for barely brushing past him while Matt Schaub damn near gets his neck broken in every other game and those doing it to him NOT even being penalized doesn't set too well with us down here in Texas. Enforce the rules evenly or get rid of them.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I love your post Dread. MSR.

I seem to be saying MSR a lot lately. I guess I need to go rep some folks just so I can rep the posts I want to. Which, of course, takes away from the meaning of rep, which in itself doesn't have all that much meaning.

You just have to wonder sometimes if to much thought is put into meaningless endeavors. Such thought exercises will turn us into our dumb ass Congress.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I keep hearing the ProBowl TV ratings are always very good.

I keep hearing the players enjoy participating in the ProBowl (those that do make the trip).

Why are we messing with it?

Because it's not "competitive" Duh... it doesn't mean anything. Doesn't make it any less entertaining. Well, I don't watch it, because it's not competitive, but that's me. I'm fine with that part of the universe not revolving around me.

But it would upset me royally if my favorite player has to miss a single game of the upcoming season because of some "injury" in this meaningless game.

But the one thing they need to do to make it better, is move it to Houston.
Old 05-24-2013   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodell wants to change it for the sake of changing it. He's done nothing but tinker non-stop with the game and the league since he was put in the position. We're just lucky he hasn't been able to break it yet.

Worst. Commissioner. Ever.
Old 05-24-2013   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched the pro bowl.
I might watch if they had some kind of skills challenge
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2013   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't usually watch the whole game, but if I'm around a TV and remember it's on I tune in and check it out....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think creating bounties would increase fan interest and make it mandatory for all players to attend.
Old 05-24-2013   #10
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I honestly can't remember the last time I watched the pro bowl.
I might watch if they had some kind of skills challenge
MTV used to have one the week of the pro bowl, same for college players. I would love a skills competition
Old 05-24-2013   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Make the entire thing a skills competition, and prescribe each different event the same amount of points (meaning that the linemen will make up the ground they lose in the 40 yard dash in the strongest hit tackle bag challenge).

Each player in the pro bowl gets prescribed a small-middle sized town from somewhere in the USA. The overall winner of the Pro-Bowl earns his representing town a pre-season game for the next year, and $500,000 to a charity of his choice.

Boom - guaranteed viewership in 90 small towns throughout the nation - a chance for the NFL to showcase it's caring side through the player's selected charities and football fans who want to see the players face off against each other are appeased.

Pro Bowl saved.

I'm off to copyright this idea. And get a pair of Mega Watt sneakers saying 'Pay Me Roger' on the heel.
Old 05-24-2013   #12
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69762 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think creating bounties would increase fan interest and make it mandatory for all players to attend.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #13
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

You put it back in Hawaii then you vote players off the island!
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
You put it back in Hawaii then you vote players off the island!
Serious as a heart attack..... I'd watch that.
Old 05-25-2013   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

even a skills challenge players would be afraid to get hurt tweekin somethin

but don't they do a skills challenge every year anyway

I for one say they should have a madden gaming tourment were the players play that would bring in some younger audience intrest IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read