Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2013   #101
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
And to think I thought the best word to describe those that regurgitate another's thoughts w/out offering their own to the subject would be "simpleton".
In your mind, you're right, Skippy.

I did not know you were so sensitive as to be unable to handle basic critical analysis. You were clearly being obtuse. It's not an insult but rather an adjective.

Your constant attempts to build weak strawman arguments failed, and now you whine about it. How about trying to read what others write before engaging your desire to argue about things never said?

Are you one of the HT.com rejects? You sure act like it in this thread.
Old 05-22-2013   #102
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Thoughts.
Clearly better? no. Ponder's numbers don't look all that much better than Jackson's the year he started the majority of games at qb for the vikes... That's not how i meant my comment anyway. i meant the jury is still out on whether or not Ponder is the long term answer they thought he could be when they drafted him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #103
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Pump your brakes kid, I post on both forums, I'm not a reject. Although tru can be quite argumentative on both forums, maybe he's just an idealist.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #104
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Pump your brakes kid, I post on both forums, I'm not a reject. Although tru can be quite argumentative on both forums, maybe he's just an idealist.
lol @ "kid". Old enough to be your dad, sonny boy.

I'm not stereotyping everyone at HT.com. But, it has been quite clear that they have lower standards than TT.com. Remember, we know that forum well, since we used to mod it, admins over here built it, and the entire history of that forum migrated to Texans Talk. I was a mod over there for awhile after the migration until I got tired of wading in the piss of the kiddie pool. Maybe it's changed since then...

And yeah, I've got it on good authority that he's a reject from HT.com. He's been kicked over there so tries his routine over here. Give him enough rope and he thinks he's a cowboy. Yeeehaw.

He can 'simpleton' me all he wants. His opinion is meaningless to me. The next time I care about what he has to say about anything will be the first time. I'll be surprised if he's even here by football season, so I have no desire to give respect when it's undeserved.
Old 05-22-2013   #105
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not stereotyping everyone at HT.com. But, it has been quite clear that they have lower standards than TT.com. Remember, we know that forum well, since we used to mod it, admins over here built it, and the entire history of that forum migrated to Texans Talk. I was a mod over there for awhile after the migration until I got tired of wading in the piss of the kiddie pool. Maybe it's changed since then...

And yeah, I've got it on good authority that he's a reject from HT.com. He's been kicked over there so tries his routine over here. Give him enough rope and he thinks he's a cowboy. Yeeehaw.

He can 'simpleton' me all he wants. His opinion is meaningless to me. The next time I care about what he has to say about anything will be the first time. I'll be surprised if he's even here by football season, so I have no desire to give respect when it's undeserved.
That line was a quote from a movie...get with it old man!
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #106
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Seth Payne just mentioned Infantrycak (called him "Infantry C-A-K....whatever that means") because of the blurb in Texans chick's article which gave stats and analysis of Matt Schaub's deep throws in comparison to other QB's. He basically said that different offenses lend themselves to the deep ball more. He said Schaub could throw the deep ball ok, but it wasn't a strength of his game and this Shannahan style bootleg offense lends itself to high percentage deep balls but not a high frequency of them being throw...Which is pretty much exactly what I said a while back...

Not that Seth nor I are the be all end all, but I really just though it was cool that Cak got that mention based on TC's article...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #107
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In your mind, you're right, Skippy.

I did not know you were so sensitive as to be unable to handle basic critical analysis. You were clearly being obtuse. It's not an insult but rather an adjective.

Your constant attempts to build weak strawman arguments failed, and now you whine about it. How about trying to read what others write before engaging your desire to argue about things never said?

Quote:

OBTUSE:
Adjective
Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
Difficult to understand.

How is the above not considered an insult? Looks like a weak attempt as an insult towards me simply based on my disbelief of the theory that an unreported injury was the sole cause of Schaub's poor performances. A belief that others on here have expressed as well, but yet I'm the one who is being considered "obtuse" in your opinion. I'm simply stating facts when is say nothing has supported such a thought & repeating it & believing it seems a bit far fetched at this time. If I'm the one dealing in facts then it seems your use of "obtuse" seems inaccurate & being used for the wrong side of the debate to say the least.

I realize the TT "brotherhood" is strong amongst some of y'all, but the silly pissing matches that consist of insults seems a bit childish simply because we have a difference in opinions on a subject that is obviously highly debatable. I haven't complained or whined, as you falsey proclaimed, about those that didn't agree w/ me, all I have done is stated my case & the information I have to support my belief. A belief I might add that others members have agreed with.

I understand I am new to this site, but that doesn't mean that I can't express my opinions about the Texans because it isn't inline w/ the TT "brotherhood". I have enjoyed the conversations here & admit some of them go a bit deeper then those on HT.com, which is one aspect that I appreciate about TT, but assuming & acting as if the opinions of long time members are the only ones that are correct seems a bit shortsighted. Honestly, I'm not concerned w/ your opinion about my thoughts because I put no more credit into yours then you do into mine, but I would hope that we could end our disagreements w/ a simple "agree to disagree" w/out this back & forth pissing match stuff because it is weak, tiresome, & juvenile. I do apologize to the other members for engaging in this one for so long as it is obvious many of y'all will stick together regardless & I too will not change my mind. So I simply say...I politely agree to disagree w/ you.

As far as being an HT.com reject, that is incorrect to some degree. Did I receive a timeout from HT.com...yes, but I admitted that here so it was wasn't top secret nor did you need to go to your "insider" to obtain that info. You have zero details or knowledge concerning the situation, so i will leave it at that. I do thank you for having enough interest in me to discuss me w/ others outside of this MB though. And to think I thought you thought I was meaningless... Have a nice day!
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #108
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm only going to say that I understand why people feel like Schaub was hurting or injured at the end of the year, and I understand why people would have doubts about any injury and just feel like he was playing poorly. I don't see what the big deal is honestly.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #109
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't see what the big deal is honestly.
It's really not. No matter what reasons there were for Schaub's late season play, he has to play better in 2013 for the Texans to be title contenders. He doesn't have to be Tom Brady or Drew Brees. The Matt Schaub of 2009-mid 2012 would be OK.
Old 05-24-2013   #110
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
OBTUSE:
Adjective
Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
Difficult to understand.

How is the above not considered an insult? Looks like a weak attempt as an insult towards me simply based on my disbelief of the theory that an unreported injury was the sole cause of Schaub's poor performances. A belief that others on here have expressed as well, but yet I'm the one who is being considered "obtuse" in your opinion. I'm simply stating facts when is say nothing has supported such a thought & repeating it & believing it seems a bit far fetched at this time. If I'm the one dealing in facts then it seems your use of "obtuse" seems inaccurate & being used for the wrong side of the debate to say the least.
*sigh*

Alright, I'm going to waste a few minutes of my time here...

My description of your attitude was not meant to insult you. You are free to take it that way, but that was not my intention.

The point of the use of the word "obtuse" was very specific. You seem either unable or unwilling to comprehend what others are telling you.

Nobody is claiming ultimate insider knowledge of this organization. However, if you took the time to actually comprehend the knowledge and information being presented here by very qualified people, you might have a pleasant conversation. Even if you disagree, the point is to not attempt to disrespect or belittle anyone that you do not agree with.

You may not see that in yourself, but others do.

Quote:
I realize the TT "brotherhood" is strong amongst some of y'all, but the silly pissing matches that consist of insults seems a bit childish simply because we have a difference in opinions on a subject that is obviously highly debatable. I haven't complained or whined, as you falsey proclaimed, about those that didn't agree w/ me, all I have done is stated my case & the information I have to support my belief. A belief I might add that others members have agreed with.
You can perceive a "brotherhood" all you desire, but the reality is that many of us are friends outside of this forum and we all share a common passion as Texans fans.

I do not do pissing matches and I do not neg rep folks. You are free to investigate the last 9 years of history in this forum and see that I am fairly consistent in that regard.

I'm not tooting a horn, but rather pointing out that I'm a reasonable guy and have no problem with disagreements.

Quote:
I understand I am new to this site, but that doesn't mean that I can't express my opinions about the Texans because it isn't inline w/ the TT "brotherhood". I have enjoyed the conversations here & admit some of them go a bit deeper then those on HT.com, which is one aspect that I appreciate about TT, but assuming & acting as if the opinions of long time members are the only ones that are correct seems a bit shortsighted. Honestly, I'm not concerned w/ your opinion about my thoughts because I put no more credit into yours then you do into mine, but I would hope that we could end our disagreements w/ a simple "agree to disagree" w/out this back & forth pissing match stuff because it is weak, tiresome, & juvenile. I do apologize to the other members for engaging in this one for so long as it is obvious many of y'all will stick together regardless & I too will not change my mind. So I simply say...I politely agree to disagree w/ you.
Being a noob to the site has nothing to do with it. We openly welcome new members, as most of the time it is someone like you that shares our passion for the Texans.

Nobody has a superior opinion based on post count, join date, or rep.

However, there are a lot of professionals on this forum who have quality opinions and perspectives. I have learned so much over the years from these folks, and continue to learn, that over time you begin to see value in these various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.

Quote:
As far as being an HT.com reject, that is incorrect to some degree. Did I receive a timeout from HT.com...yes, but I admitted that here so it was wasn't top secret nor did you need to go to your "insider" to obtain that info. You have zero details or knowledge concerning the situation, so i will leave it at that. I do thank you for having enough interest in me to discuss me w/ others outside of this MB though. And to think I thought you thought I was meaningless... Have a nice day!
I was really just yanking your chain about being an HT.com reject. Just a gut feeling that I had when reading your posting style. I did not seek out the information or background check your IP address. Some folks did come to me and confirm it, but not because I asked for it.

My point is that you are welcomed to stay here and become a valued member of the forum. I do not hold grudges and have no personal agenda. I call things like I see it, and when reading this thread, I got a vibe from you that you were unwilling to compromise and started a downward spiral.

It's all good, though. I would not bother to write these words if I thought you were a worthless troll, fwiw. Not that you need or want my validation, but just the same, I take the time to write back out of respect to another member of this forum.
Old 05-24-2013   #111
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's really not. No matter what reasons there were for Schaub's late season play, he has to play better in 2013 for the Texans to be title contenders. He doesn't have to be Tom Brady or Drew Brees. The Matt Schaub of 2009-mid 2012 would be OK.
Now this is something everyone should be able to agree on. Hell, the early season Schuab last year is good enough to win a championship with.

When he's on his game he's as efficient as anyone other than maybe the top 3 QBs in the game. We need to improve in the red zone this year, and Matt needs to get back to not turning the ball over. He needs to re-watch the first 3 quarters of the Denver game last year. That's how we need him to play with the exception of the bad INT at the end of the 1st half. I'll even take a bonehead pick like that if he's out there getting it done like he was the rest of the game.
Old 05-24-2013   #112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
*sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan
As far as being an HT.com reject, that is incorrect to some degree. Did I receive a timeout from HT.com...yes, but I admitted that here so it was wasn't top secret nor did you need to go to your "insider" to obtain that info.
I was really just yanking your chain about being an HT.com reject. Just a gut feeling that I had when reading your posting style.
Old 05-24-2013   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Now this is something everyone should be able to agree on. Hell, the early season Schuab last year is good enough to win a championship with.

When he's on his game he's as efficient as anyone other than maybe the top 3 QBs in the game. We need to improve in the red zone this year, and Matt needs to get back to not turning the ball over. He needs to re-watch the first 3 quarters of the Denver game last year. That's how we need him to play with the exception of the bad INT at the end of the 1st half. I'll even take a bonehead pick like that if he's out there getting it done like he was the rest of the game.
Outside of Denver.... which games do you think Matt performed like a franchise QB?

I used to think the same thing. I never liked him, or his style of QB, but I accepted the fact that he was one of the true starting QBs in the league. But last year, he was in a funk that lasted all season long.

I think there was some holding back by Kubiak, but I "feel" like there was some holding back by Schaub as well. We were overly conservative & it just felt like a different offense all together.

I mean we booed them in week 1...... but won the game by 20.
Old 05-24-2013   #114
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Outside of Denver.... which games do you think Matt performed like a franchise QB?

I used to think the same thing. I never liked him, or his style of QB, but I accepted the fact that he was one of the true starting QBs in the league. But last year, he was in a funk that lasted all season long.

I think there was some holding back by Kubiak, but I "feel" like there was some holding back by Schaub as well. We were overly conservative & it just felt like a different offense all together.

I think that last bit is really all you need to know.

Through the early part of the season, I felt like the offense was playing a good conservative strategy. Good winning football.

To me, that was franchise quarterback football, championship football. Not flashy. Not gaudy. Just get the win and move on.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #115
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I honestly can't say I think he's a franchise QB. The best word I can use to describe him early in the season is "efficient". Efficient was good enough for us to start out the season on fire though. Even though I can't say he was playing well he wasn't turning the ball over and that's what drives me crazy as a fan.

The question then becomes can we win the Super Bowl with an non-franchise, efficient QB? It hasn't been done in over a decade so I'm not really sure. We really just need him to be playing well at the right time. I highlight the Denver game because that's probably when he was at his best. He was good against Jax and Detroit too, but to me those games were different because we were playing catchup.

The best I've seen Matt and this offense was that stretch of games before he was hurt against Tampa. Somehow we need to figure out how to get back to that.
Old 05-24-2013   #116
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
But last year, he was in a funk that lasted all season long.
That flies in the face of the facts. In the first 12 games Schaub was just shy of a 100 QBrating. In the last 4 games he plummeted over 20 points

Quote:
If by we you mean drunk idiots then that can never be stopped and is hardly a good measuring stick.
Old 05-24-2013   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That flies in the face of the facts. In the first 12 games Schaub was just shy of a 100 QBrating. In the last 4 games he plummeted over 20 points
He had a 102 QB rating against Miami, but I don't think he played particularly well. Efficient, yes.

He also had 4 games with a QBR under 80 in the first 12 games. Including two games below 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If by we you mean drunk idiots then that can never be stopped and is hardly a good measuring stick.
Not settling for a field goal after the defense puts you inside the 10 yard line would go a long way.
Old 05-26-2013   #118
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Slow day..... so I'm lurking on a Ravens' board. Talk about RodneyDangerfield.......

Quote:
NFL.com has ranked QBs and I think they are under rating Joe Flacco at #13 behind some QBs like Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RG3, Colin Kapernick(?), Russel Wilson(?!), and Cam Newton(WTF!).

They have Joe Flacco in front of Tony Romo, Matthew Stafford, and Jay Cutler all listed as Solid Dudes. I don't mind Joe Flacco listed with these four players, but behind the QB that lost the SB? Behind Cam Newton? Puh-lease!

I know it's just someone's opinion as to where all of these guys are ranked, but I expect more from the NFL site.
Schaub isn't in their conversation at all.

Not even a, "Well he's ranked better than that Schaub guy. They mentioned Romo for Christ sakes.
Old 05-27-2013   #119
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 2371 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Slow day..... so I'm lurking on a Ravens' board. Talk about RodneyDangerfield.......

Schaub isn't in their conversation at all.

Not even a, "Well he's ranked better than that Schaub guy. They mentioned Romo for Christ sakes.
Schaub is by all accounts, not prolific and underwhelming. Going by his recent extension, I consider him overpaid/overrated as well. Most fans outside of the Texans probably never heard of him or cared to hear about him. It's just the Texans QB.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #120
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think that last bit is really all you need to know.

Through the early part of the season, I felt like the offense was playing a good conservative strategy. Good winning football.

To me, that was franchise quarterback football, championship football. Not flashy. Not gaudy. Just get the win and move on.
Couldn't disagree more. Texans were playing poorly offensively. 3 and outs aren't conservative and they were visibly upset with the way things were going. They even said in press conferences that they were t happy with how they played.

Texans offense may have put up some good numbers, but they underachieved last year. They'll be the first to tell you that. They didn't suck, but not sucking isn't the goal anymore. If our aim is winning a Super Bowl, we need to forget about what we used to be. We can no longer compare this team to the old texans. The measuring stick has gone higher. The goals are different. With the players and pro bowlers we have offensively and everyone was healthy, we should dominate defenses. Doing ok, not looking so bad, doing enough to get by is not cool anymore. Especially in today's nfl where the rules favor the offenses.

Offensively our goal should be to come out and impose our offensive will on MOST teams we face. That doesn't mean Schaub has to be Brady, what it means is that as a total offense we need to be right up there or better than the top offenses in the league. There really is 0 excuse for us not to be.

What you're describing as an offense is what some mediocre, borderline team needs to do. Some sloppy offensive team.

Screw that. Our offense needs to come out, set the tone, let teams know that they'll have to put some points up today and let our defense play aggressive.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read