Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 05-12-2013   #1
DFlo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week
DFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Impressive. requires no adjustments at this point just let things play out on the field.

couple things Texans related.

One, you have Clemson WR Sammy Watkins #18 overall to the Rams who already bolstered aerial weapons for Sam but that's beside the point for now. You even mention being overshadowed by DeAndre Hopkins selected #26th which suggests this pick is based on potential besides just need. Two that Texans got themselves plus value with Hopkins pick. Could you elabrate your own scouting report on DeAndre, think most here would enjoy your observations/scouting report.

Two, love your pick for Texans in next years draft Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon. Has NFL cover & big play ability, very physical in press, will compete on an island, has plus anticipation/playmaking instincts. Maybe a little high risk taker for Texans, but has measureables. With Jackson contract coming due I could see addressing position makes a lot of cents initially rotation player who transitions into starting role quickly, without hiccup.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #3
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week
We pick 26?! Oh no we suck again!!!. As of right now I doubt any team will pass up on clowney.
Old 05-13-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoyed the read DFLO and am good with going corner for Texans. Only comment on mock is don't see Manziel coming out in a year with so many talented QBs. I am a big Morgan Briesland fan.
Old 05-13-2013   #5
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
We pick 26?! Oh no we suck again!!!. As of right now I doubt any team will pass up on clowney.
Realistically in that situation the Jags decide to go QB and not to go BPA and pick Clowney, you trade that 1st pick for a boatload of picks and move down to pick from a very deep and talented passer group.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #6
TwoFive
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Enjoyed the read DFLO and am good with going corner for Texans. Only comment on mock is don't see Manziel coming out in a year with so many talented QBs. I am a big Morgan Briesland fan.
In almost every 2014 mock available right now you'll see Manziel in round 1. He's a special case because he's accomplished so much and is generating so much money. There is no reason for him to stay in school.
TwoFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFive View Post
In almost every 2014 mock available right now you'll see Manziel in round 1. He's a special case because he's accomplished so much and is generating so much money. There is no reason for him to stay in school.
Yeah there is, he could potentially win a BCS championship, and also look what happened to Vince Young after he left a year early. Some of these guys, especially the athletic QBs, could stand to gain a lot from another year of coaching in college, and another year of maturity before being showered with millions of dollars.
Old 05-23-2013   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to MB but totally disagree with your point. Look back only as far as Andrew Luck who was the rage his Junior year:

Andrew Austen Luck (born September 12, 1989) is an American football quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Stanford University, won the Maxwell Award and Walter Camp Award as college football's player of the year, and was recognized as an All-American.[1] He was the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in both 2010 and 2011. He was named the Offensive Player of the Year in the Pac-12 (Pac-10) Conference in both 2010 and 2011. CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang called Luck the best prospect he has ever scouted,[2] while the Kansas City Star put him in line with LeBron James, and Bryce Harper as "the most hyped amateurs in recent sports memory".[3] Although widely projected as the No. 1 selection in the 2011 NFL Draft, Luck decided to return to Stanford for his redshirt junior season.[4] A year later, he was selected first overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Luck
Old 05-23-2013   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Manziel is going to come out though...if he has another good season...

Manziel seems like the kind of guy that is craving the big lights and stardom. But he could be like Leinart...

But if I had to bet on it I'd guess Manziel is coming out. Just seems like the kind of guy that will come out the first shot he gets.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think Manziel is going to come out though...if he has another good season...

Manziel seems like the kind of guy that is craving the big lights and stardom. But he could be like Leinart...

But if I had to bet on it I'd guess Manziel is coming out. Just seems like the kind of guy that will come out the first shot he gets.
Really? He tried to avoid classmates and a lot of the hoopla. Don't see him craving the light and more stardom at college than NFL.
Old 05-23-2013   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really? He tried to avoid classmates and a lot of the hoopla. Don't see him craving the light and more stardom at college than NFL.
That's what celebrities do. They avoid the "common folk" because they don't want to be bothered.

That's actually prime example number 1. If you love the college life and enjoy the atmosphere why would you opt to not take classes on campus?

I had forgotten about that.

Johnny Manziel likes to make youtube videos showing his skills...He likes to throw first pitches at ball games...He likes to show up in the tabloids popping bottles at clubs...He likes to have little short segments about him on ESPN following him through his day....

Lets be real here. If you think Manziel doesn't enjoy/crave that limelight you're kidding yourself.

There is no limelight by walking around with the rest of the regular students on campus. Just drama and headaches of being approached by everyone and their mamma. But when there is an opportunity to perform on a big stage or get in front of a camera, Manziel does not seem like the reclusive type...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what celebrities do. They avoid the "common folk" because they don't want to be bothered.

That's actually prime example number 1. If you love the college life and enjoy the atmosphere why would you opt to not take classes on campus?

Johnny Manziel likes to make youtube videos showing his skills...He likes to throw first pitches at ball games...He likes to show up in the tabloids popping bottles at clubs...He likes to have little short segments about him on ESPN following him through his day....

Lets be real here. If you think Manziel doesn't enjoy/crave that limelight you're kidding yourself.

There is no limelight by walking around with the rest of the regular students on campus. Just drama and headaches of being approached by everyone and their mamma. But when there is an opportunity to perform on a big stage or get in front of a camera, Manziel does not seem like the reclusive type...
Yep, and it's going to be doubly hilarious if he gets drafted by a small market team like Cleveland, Jacksonville, Buffalo or Tennessee.
Old 05-24-2013   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

JMO, Manziel might go pro after next season but it would be a mistake. He looks good in college but I don't think he's ready for the NFL. He needs at least 2 more years to get better as a QB and to mature as a future leader of a team.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #14
TwoFive
Rookie

Quote:

He is also good friends with Drake!
TwoFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is also good friends with Drake!
Who is Drake?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Who is Drake?
That's what I wanna know. WhoTF is Drake?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #17
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Drake the rapper.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013   #18
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to MB but totally disagree with your point. Look back only as far as Andrew Luck who was the rage his Junior year:

Andrew Austen Luck (born September 12, 1989) is an American football quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Stanford University, won the Maxwell Award and Walter Camp Award as college football's player of the year, and was recognized as an All-American.[1] He was the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in both 2010 and 2011. He was named the Offensive Player of the Year in the Pac-12 (Pac-10) Conference in both 2010 and 2011. CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang called Luck the best prospect he has ever scouted,[2] while the Kansas City Star put him in line with LeBron James, and Bryce Harper as "the most hyped amateurs in recent sports memory".[3] Although widely projected as the No. 1 selection in the 2011 NFL Draft, Luck decided to return to Stanford for his redshirt junior season.[4] A year later, he was selected first overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.

I get your point, but I think the better example is Matt Barkley. A year ago he was being talked about as the # 2 QB behind luck. Had he come out in the draft the previous year he likely would have been taken by Miami ahead of RT. fast forward a year, his OL is bad, he has few receivers, he gets injured, and he tumbles into the fourth round. You gotta strike while the iron is hot and take advantage of your draft position. Considering how fickle the process is, giving scouts more to nitpick is not always a wise decision.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Barkley did not lead an impoverished upbringing, he could afford to experience the entire college progression, others are not so fortunate. I personally feel dropping as far as he did will only motivate him more & will help him more than make up monetary loss now.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 05-28-2013 at 04:01 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Apparently Rang never scouted John Elway.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read