Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2013   #81
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Schaub could be limbless and not even admit to a flesh wound. Beyond the black knight sort of stuff. There's some guys where it is hard to get any answer from them.
http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...19_800_441.jpg

(sorry, too lazy to upload Picture...)
Old 05-22-2013   #82
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...19_800_441.jpg

(sorry, too lazy to upload Picture...)
Here you go!

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #83
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Some good, bad and ugly re. OTA participants.

Not liking the comments on Brennan Williams.

Quote:
Brennan Williams Sucking? OH MY GAH!!!!

If you had hoped that third round pick Brennan Williams would be a potential replacement in Year 1 for right tackle Derek Newton, who underwent offseason surgery and who likes to tweet about when he takes and wakes up from naps, you probably will be disappointed by this quote:

Quote:
"(Williams) is way behind. He's got a little issue with his knee. We're trying to get him healthy and we gotta get his physical condition up with the rest of the team."
http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/5/...e-brown-rollin
Old 05-22-2013   #84
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
TC, I have to post this Black Knight segment from Monty Python: the Holy Grail for those that don't know to what you are referring, and for those that want to relive one of the funniest pieces they ever filmed.

Thanks for the visual.......and the memories.
Thanks for the link, I haven't seen that in years. ROTFLMAO
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #85
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Heard Andre on the radio and he said that he can tells DeAndre not only wants to be good, but wants to be great. Said that he was already asking about going with him wherever he's going when they get a break so they could work out together...
This makes me smile! Makes me wonder why last years guys weren't shadowing AJ everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #86
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
This makes me smile! Makes me wonder why last years guys weren't shadowing AJ everywhere.
I'm pretty sure I read on here Posey would stick to AJ ,but I could be wrong.
Old 05-22-2013   #87
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TC, I have to post this Black Knight segment from Monty Python: the Holy Grail for those that don't know to what you are referring, and for those that want to relive one of the funniest pieces they ever filmed.

Thanks for the visual.......and the memories.
I just could never get into British humor other than the Benny Hill show.
Old 05-22-2013   #88
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I just could never get into British humor other than the Benny Hill show.
It's generally as dry as west Texas sand to quote Jerry Jeff Walker.
Old 05-23-2013   #89
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That is Ray Wiley Hubbard's song "London Homesick Blues" on Jerry's album

Sorry, sometimes things like that bug and I have to correct them.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #90
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Please keep an eye on Sharpton. His mobility is really good news. I hope he impresses when training camp comes around because at this point I am not too excited at the thought of having Montgomery or Williams being our day one starter. Unless we sign somebody it seems to me our best case scenario would be to have a Reed/Cushing/Sharpton/Mercilus LB Core. Hope Sharpton can stay healthy.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #91
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
That is Ray Wiley Hubbard's song "London Homesick Blues" on Jerry's album

Sorry, sometimes things like that bug and I have to correct them.
That is Gary P. Nunn's song "London Homesick Blues" on Jerry Jeff's classic album "ˇViva Terlingua!" (anyone without a copy should be deported from Texas immediately).

Sorry, sometimes things like that bug me and I have to correct them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
First time the black knight scene has ever been described as "dry". Most people would call it wet. Even the guy at the Cheese Shop would say "it's a bit runny..."
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #92
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Please keep an eye on Sharpton. His mobility is really good news. I hope he impresses when training camp comes around because at this point I am not too excited at the thought of having Montgomery or Williams being our day one starter. Unless we sign somebody it seems to me our best case scenario would be to have a Reed/Cushing/Sharpton/Mercilus LB Core. Hope Sharpton can stay healthy.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #93
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Please keep an eye on Sharpton. It's only amatter of time before he pulls off his Mr. Glass impersonation.
Fixed.
Old 05-23-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Why?

We've already seen that last year. Reed & Whitney on the ends isn't going to get us the pass rush we need. We need to get better.

I don't know that Montgomery or Williams is the answer, but I'm not "worried" about them starting. If Wade thinks it's worth a shot..... go for it. Can't get a whole lot worse.
Old 05-23-2013   #95
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why?

We've already seen that last year. Reed & Whitney on the ends isn't going to get us the pass rush we need. We need to get better.

I don't know that Montgomery or Williams is the answer, but I'm not "worried" about them starting. If Wade thinks it's worth a shot..... go for it. Can't get a whole lot worse.
That's my thoughts as well. I don't really like Reed as a do it all ILB, but as a run stopper on 1st and second downs I think he can be ok....

But I want to give a bunch of guys a shot on the edge in this defense. We need more pressure from the edges.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #96
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ask them where the hell Tim dobbins is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
We asked. He said OTA's voluntary. Usually if there is a reason a guy isn't there, like graduation or health reasons or whatever, we are told.

So I think the answer is nobody knows.
Just a thought. Dobbins was IR'ed the beginning of Jan (4 1/2 months ago). The reason given was a nondescriptive "serious right ankle injury." If this were a significant high ankle sprain, return to play can easily be as long as 4-6 months or longer. If the high ankle sprain is severe and remains or becomes unstable and does not respond to rehab, surgery may become the only viable option.

[EDIT: ADDITIONAL INFO
Rotoworld reported the Texans release at the time:

Quote:
Dobbins isn't thought to have a long-term injury, but his "badly" sprained ankle was severe enough that the Texans determined he had no chance to help with their playoff run.
Always get a little uneasy when I see these type of injury reports by the Texans.]

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 05-23-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2013   #97
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
That is Gary P. Nunn's song "London Homesick Blues" on Jerry Jeff's classic album "ˇViva Terlingua!" (anyone without a copy should be deported from Texas immediately).

Sorry, sometimes things like that bug me and I have to correct them.

First time the black knight scene has ever been described as "dry". Most people would call it wet. Even the guy at the Cheese Shop would say "it's a bit runny..."
I was talking about the British sense of humour in general...
Old 05-23-2013   #98
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a thought. Dobbins was IR'ed the beginning of Jan (4 1/2 months ago). The reason given was a nondescriptive "serious right ankle injury." If this were a significant high ankle sprain, return to play can easily be as long as 4-6 months or longer. If the high ankle sprain is severe and remains or becomes unstable and does not respond to rehab, surgery may become the only viable option.

[EDIT: ADDITIONAL INFO
Rotoworld reported the Texans release at the time:

Always get a little uneasy when I see these type of injury reports by the Texans.]
Why would that have him MIA as opposed to in attendance and not participating (ala Cushing and Posey), or off on his own doing recovery/rehab (as in the case of Ed Reed)?
Old 05-23-2013   #99
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Why would that have him MIA as opposed to in attendance and not participating (ala Cushing and Posey), or off on his own doing recovery/rehab (as in the case of Ed Reed)?
Since it's voluntary, he might have decided to stay home and rehab on his own rather than coming in for it.

EDIT: And he might not have told the team he was going to do that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #100
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My guess is that this is what the Texans brass hopes happens.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read