Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2013   #61
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Quessenberry is a big body. He was the day 1 guy that Kubiak mentioned as a stand out to him. Which is his way of pushing Williams.

But even before Williams' knee botherment, the Texans were high on Quessenberry. Enough that I'm getting better at spelling his name off the top of my head.
I can see Quess becoming a solid "B" graded player over time. Williams better put a wiggle in it. My one question on him was how hard he's driven. I get the impression he showed up in rookie shape, not NFL shape. With a knee, that all may push him to the last third of the season before he contributes meaningfully.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #62
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point Williams is looking like the number 1 candidate for rookie IR stash.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #63
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
At this point Williams is looking like the number 1 candidate for rookie IR stash.
I would bet money on it.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #64
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I can see Quess becoming a solid "B" graded player over time. Williams better put a wiggle in it. My one question on him was how hard he's driven. I get the impression he showed up in rookie shape, not NFL shape. With a knee, that all may push him to the last third of the season before he contributes meaningfully.
Eh. I thought Williams looked in decent shape. Big, big body.

So I wouldn't read too much into it.

But dudes get injured. And the whole can't make the club from the tub stuff is harsh but true.

So practice moves on. And other guys get more reps. It's early though to be making predictions, but once a guy is on the roster, you pretty much have to ignore where they were drafted because it is a battle royale. Drafted guys have a leg up because of contract, and that it is harder to stash on p-squad, but rookies have to practice and learn. Coaches don't know what they can do.
Old 05-22-2013   #65
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Kubiak on Ed Reed (hip): "Our expectations are to look at camp at some point and be ready to go at the opening of the season." #Texans

DT Sunny Harris and TE Phillip Supernaw suffered foot injuries on Monday. Both are out until at least next week #Texans

ILB Tim Dobbins has not been at OTAs. #Texans coach Gary Kubiak: "It's voluntary. He's not here."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #66
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some info on AJ Boye:
http://www.ucfathletics.com/sports/m...ouye_aj00.html

Came back from his 2011 injury strong by starting all 14 games at cornerback
-Finished with 53 tackles, eight break-ups, three interceptions, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries
-One of just three players in UCF history to have an interception return for a touchdown and a fumble return for a touchdown in the same season
-Ended the year with 111 interception return yards, good for fifth on the UCF single-season list

Good interview: http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/d...ntral-florida/
Old 05-22-2013   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 168921 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Kubiak on Ed Reed (hip): "Our expectations are to look at camp at some point and be ready to go at the opening of the season." #Texans

DT Sunny Harris and TE Phillip Supernaw suffered foot injuries on Monday. Both are out until at least next week #Texans
Hate to hear about Supernaw. Hope it's not a recurrence of last year's metatarsal stress fracture.

Last edited by infantrycak; 05-22-2013 at 12:17 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #68
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quessenberry is a big body. He was the day 1 guy that Kubiak mentioned as a stand out to him. Which is his way of pushing Williams.

But even before Williams' knee botherment, the Texans were high on Quessenberry. Enough that I'm getting better at spelling his name off the top of my head.
When in doubt, call him "Quiz."

Also requesting that you keep an eye on Keenum for us. Thanks.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #69
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I am most interested in how our O-line play is (I mean, who is the RT right now taking 1st team reps, and then who's the 2nd teamer? Brooks looks leaner, but is his play better?), and how our outside pass rushers are looking. I think these two areas were our biggest hinderances last year and I am concerned about them this year heading into the camps.
Old 05-22-2013   #70
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think I am most interested in how our O-line play is (I mean, who is the RT right now taking 1st team reps, and then who's the 2nd teamer? Brooks looks leaner, but is his play better?), and how our outside pass rushers are looking. I think these two areas were our biggest hinderances last year and I am concerned about them this year heading into the camps.
Yep. This is my main thing.

Who is getting reps at starting RG/RT? How do they look? I know it's hard to tell much without pads on but just hearing about who's getting the snaps and if they seem like they know what they're doing would be great.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #71
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yep. This is my main thing.

Who is getting reps at starting RG/RT? How do they look? I know it's hard to tell much without pads on but just hearing about who's getting the snaps and if they seem like they know what they're doing would be great.
Just by going through all the pics between HT.com and Chron I noticed Brooks at RG and Harris at RT.

I think Brooks will do just fine, but I admit, RT is beginning to freak me out.

It appears Quessenberry was reppin with the two's and couldn't tell who the RG was going with the twos
Old 05-22-2013   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 168921 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Some additional OTA PICs at this link. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...yates/#12466-1
Old 05-22-2013   #73
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Shilo Keo ahead of Swearinger at this point as well. Keo running with the 1's.
Old 05-22-2013   #74
Rey
Hall of Fame

Heard Andre on the radio and he said that he can tells DeAndre not only wants to be good, but wants to be great. Said that he was already asking about going with him wherever he's going when they get a break so they could work out together...
Old 05-22-2013   #75
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 26851 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So I think the answer is nobody knows.
Is this the same answer for the whereabouts of #87?

EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #76
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Shilo Keo ahead of Swearinger at this point as well. Keo running with the 1's.
Unless a bolt of lightning has struck Keo since the end of last season, that's scary.
Old 05-22-2013   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I could ask him specifically about residual after effects and orthotics or whatever, but I'm guessing no way I get a real answer. Schaub is probably the best at saying nothing at about his physical condition.
How about a trick question, "What are you going to do to minimize how much your foot affects your performance?"

To be fair, I'm one of the few who believe his foot was not an issue. I'd like to hear him say as much. "My foot was not an issue last season."

So maybe you can put it like that, "Matt, there's this guy who isn't really a fan of yours, but he's bothered by all the inuendo concerning your LisFranc. Can you throw him a bone & let him know you were 100% last year & will be 100% going into 2013?"
Old 05-22-2013   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How about a trick question, "What are you going to do to minimize how much your foot affects your performance?"

To be fair, I'm one of the few who believe his foot was not an issue. I'd like to hear him say as much. "My foot was not an issue last season."

So maybe you can put it like that, "Matt, there's this guy who isn't really a fan of yours, but he's bothered by all the inuendo concerning your LisFranc. Can you throw him a bone & let him know you were 100% last year & will be 100% going into 2013?"
TK, you sneaky devil, you!. You don't truly believe that asking him a "tricky" question at this point won't simply result in getting a "tricky" answer in return, do you?
Old 05-22-2013   #79
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub could be limbless and not even admit to a flesh wound. Beyond the black knight sort of stuff. There's some guys where it is hard to get any answer from them.
Old 05-22-2013   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Schaub could be limbless and not even admit to a flesh wound. Beyond the black knight sort of stuff. There's some guys where it is hard to get any answer from them.

TC, I have to post this Black Knight segment from Monty Python: the Holy Grail for those that don't know to what you are referring, and for those that want to relive one of the funniest pieces they ever filmed.

Thanks for the visual.......and the memories.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read