Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2013   #61
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Culpepper was never the same after the knee. He wasn't much of a scrambler before that, but in a pinch, he'd pick up 10 yards if needed. That part of his game was taken away from him & he became more of a statue, with less talented players around him. No more Moss, no more CC, no more Robert Smith.

McNabb couldn't stay healthy, then after leaving Philly & Andy Ried's system, he struggled to learn new things (I've always said his problem was instead of developing his QB, Ried developed a system around his QB).

Rivers, the team around him has steadily got worse & worse.

I don't think Schaub is elite, but in this system he can look like it. I think TPN is most right about Newton's injury being the biggest reason our offense took a nose dive in December & January. It's not that Newton is that much better than Harris, it's that Newton is more consistent.

Kubiak/Schaub can plan around consistency & that's what makes our offence tick. Myers wouldn't be starting for any other team, I'm surprised Briesel is. But together they can give Kubiak/Schaub something they can consistently work with.

KDub was consistent, we kept him instead of Jacoby, even though Jacoby was the better play-maker. & that's the thing Hopkins has to provide if he's going to truly be a part of our offense in 2013.

I don't think Schaub's foot is a "big" problem for us. There hasn't been one word about helping Matt deal with an injury, or even playing better later in the year (not one word from the Texans, got a lot from us on tt.com). Bringing in Stephen McGee & Colin Klein are the only measures we've taken to improve the QB position.

Next year, I think Schaub is going to look elite again
That's not completely accurate concerning Walter & Jacoby. Both players following the 2011 season had meetings w/ the Texans, that's when Walter ultimately was forced to take a pay cut & it was speculated but never confirmed that Jacoby could've been asked to do the same. Jacoby instead requested that he be released. It had nothing to w/ consistency because all Walter was consistent at was disappearing in games. It seemed to be based on money & Jacoby chose to ask for his release, not the Texans choosing to cut him w/out his say.

I hope you are right concerning Schaub. As I have said before, time will tell but how he finished very poorly in multiple games has raised many doubts. Hopefully he can return to his old self, but it is not unheard of that some players just regress & never return to form. For the sake of the Texans I hope that is not the case because w/ their decisions concerning the qb position it seems they are not really putting much emphasis on preparing for the future at the qb position. Let's hope for a rebound so that he can be considered one of the best qb's once again & hopefully take the texans to at least the AFCCG.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #62
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Players and even teams hide injuries (see Ed Reed, hip). You can wait to hear whatever you want, and I will continue to believe what I see with my eyes. Even McNair alluded to Schaub getting healthier this offseason. Maybe he knows something, or maybe he just saw what I saw. Whether Schaub was playing hurt or not is speculation either way.
And that is exactly why I refuse to acknowledge or accept those types of excuses until they can be confirmed. Because it's nothing more then speculation & IMO is nothing more then an effort to divert from the truth in hopes of creating an additional excuse for poor play. Let's be honest, any player could claim an injury led to their poor play & we had one of the best at it in Mario. The excuses could be endless if they never have to be confirmed & that's how I feel about it concerning all players. How would it be any different if I claimed Barwin had to be playing w/ an injury & that's why he had an off year? IMO it's no different & most wouldn't buy it just because I claimed it. Hopefully this all can be put to rest soon if Schaub comes out & has a good 2013 season. The season can't get here soon enough.
Old 05-18-2013   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
And that is exactly why I refuse to acknowledge or accept those types of excuses until they can be confirmed. Because it's nothing more then speculation & IMO is nothing more then an effort to divert from the truth in hopes of creating an additional excuse for poor play.
Our resident doctor was predicting this kind of problem as soon as Schaub was injured so you might rein in the excuse making allegation.
Old 05-18-2013   #64
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see what happens this coming year. Last year soured Schaub's brand among Texans fans and fans around the league. Going into last year, he was a QB that was borderline Top 10. I think he's slipped back to around 15 or so with the potential to jump back up to between 10-15 if he has a bounce back year.

23 is asinine. Bottom line. Luckily, rankings don't matter and this is just trollish offseason discussion fodder.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #65
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub is fools gold, we will coast to a 10-12 win season, struggle to beat teams with superior qbs, and fluff out in the division round..
Old 05-20-2013   #66
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Our resident doctor was predicting this kind of problem as soon as Schaub was injured so you might rein in the excuse making allegation.
I'm not doubting he is a doctor or that he may have suggested or implied that an injury may exist w/ Schaub, BUT unless he has some direct dealings w/ Schaub & can confirm an injury w/ proof then the excuse making allegation will reign supreme w/ me. I don't mean to sound rude & by no means am I discounting the resident doctors skills, but if you can't personally prove something & you have nothing that has been put out by another legitimate source that has had dealings w/ Schaub personally then all you have are unproven opinions & no one has to accept those as truth imo. Thanks for your suggestion but I think I will pass.
Old 05-20-2013   #67
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not doubting he is a doctor
Good since 50+ people on the MB can confirm he is a doc.

Quote:
or that he may have suggested or implied that an injury may exist w/ Schaub, BUT unless he has some direct dealings w/ Schaub & can confirm an injury w/ proof
You aren't understanding what I said. There is no question over an injury. Everyone in the world knows Schaub suffered a lis franc injury. The question is what is the end result after recovery from that injury. CnD described what happened to Schaub last year in the weeks while Schaub was sitting watching Yates. So none of it is about a new injury, it is just about how a body responds to a known injury.

Quote:
then the excuse making allegation will reign supreme w/ me.
As you will, remain ignorant and define yourself.
Old 05-20-2013   #68
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:

You aren't understanding what I said. There is no question over an injury. Everyone in the world knows Schaub suffered a lis franc injury. The question is what is the end result after recovery from that injury. CnD described what happened to Schaub last year in the weeks while Schaub was sitting watching Yates. So none of it is about a new injury, it is just about how a body responds to a known injury.

As you will, remain ignorant and define yourself.
1st statement=completely worthless & irrelevant but thanks for the fact checks.

The claim has been made that Schaub suffered an injury or aggravated an old injury(the known lisfranc injury) at the END of last season on multiple occasions, primarily amongst fans, & has yet to be confirmed by anyone associated w/ the Texans or Schaub. It other words, its baseless speculation. Your efforts to spin it now are weak to say the least but I applaud your efforts to cover your tracks as well as you possibly can. This had nothing to do w/ how his body responded to his former injury because Schaub played well through a majority of the season & the mystery injury or re-aggravation talk arrived & thrived only after he struggled & the criticism mounted. How can anyone claim there was anything wrong w/ Schaub when absolutely nothing has been reported is beyond me. We have no clue if it was an old injury or new injury, so how you , or anyone else for that matter, can claim this had anything to do w/ how is body responded to his old injury is a complete shot in the dark at best. Zero proof= zero case IMO.

Schaub was deemed healthy at the beginning of the season & it seemed so as he played fairly well. Schaub plays poorly at the end of the season & all of a sudden he is suffering a re-aggravation or new injury, but yet again again he was deemed healthy & NOTHING has been provided to say otherwise. Lol! All of that & somehow you have actually convinced yourself that I am the one that remains ignorant. Talk about defining yourself.

I guess its safe to say...we can agree to disagree.

Last edited by tru80texan; 05-20-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2013   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
1st statement=completely worthless & irrelevant by thanks for the fact checks.
YUP!! Considering he consulted with my Mom's heart surgeon and monitored Joe's stroke...

CONFIRMED!!

*EDIT*
Maybe you tru80texan should find another contrarian topic to troll because with this one you = FAIL!
Old 05-20-2013   #70
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
All of that & somehow you have actually convinced yourself that I am the one that remains ignorant. Talk about defining yourself.
You joined the MB after the latest season. You are the definition of ignorant on what was being said around here two seasons ago. If you weren't so ignorant you would also know CnD is no Schaub fan. But before the end of the season he was injured CnD projected exactly this path - a wearing down over time with increasingly poor performance. It was not a prediction of a new injury or an aggravation of the lis franc but of the normal recovery from a lis franc for a QB.
Old 05-20-2013   #71
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YUP!! Considering he consulted with my Mom's heart surgeon and monitored Joe's stroke...

CONFIRMED!!

*EDIT*
Maybe you tru80texan should find another contrarian topic to troll because with this one you = FAIL!
Lol! C'mon Bill? Troll...that's very weak & inaccurate usage of the word simply because I don't agree w/ your BFF. In other words... that was a complete FAIL or your behalf.

This has absolutely nothing to do w/ CnD for the record. I respect & appreciate his insight & opinions when he describes & provides info concerning injuries & other aspects in the medical field.

This does have everything to do w/ someone insisting that we should "rein" in our opinions & abide by theirs despite them having zero proof to support their beliefs other than the opinion of another. I surely hope that is not expected to be the norm on here & others can think for themselves w/ out having some coming w/ the silly troll name calling just to defend their buddy. Sure seems childish to say the least, but to each their own.
Old 05-20-2013   #72
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You joined the MB after the latest season. You are the definition of ignorant on what was being said around here two seasons ago. If you weren't so ignorant you would also know CnD is no Schaub fan. But before the end of the season he was injured CnD projected exactly this path - a wearing down over time with increasingly poor performance. It was not a prediction of a new injury or an aggravation of the lis franc but of the normal recovery from a lis franc for a QB.
Chris, I'm way too lazy to find CnD's post about the wearing down during the season of Schaub's performance while recovering from the Lis Franc injury but I will at least (and I've posted many times) that Doc Jean (aka CnD) was spot on.
Old 05-20-2013   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Lol! C'mon Bill? Troll...that's very weak & inaccurate usage of the word simply because I don't agree w/ your BFF. In other words... that was a complete FAIL or your behalf.

This has absolutely nothing to do w/ CnD for the record. I respect & appreciate his insight & opinions when he describes & provides info concerning injuries & other aspects in the medical field.

This does have everything to do w/ someone insisting that we should "rein" in our opinions & abide by theirs despite them having zero proof to support their beliefs other than the opinion of another. I surely hope that is not expected to be the norm on here & others can think for themselves w/ out having some coming w/ the silly troll name calling just to defend their buddy. Sure seems childish to say the least, but to each their own.
If you're not trolling, what are you doing? What is all that all of that ^^ GARBAGE.

And BTW, just to be a dick......... It's "reign"
Old 05-20-2013   #74
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Lol! Once again, I never have doubted CnD but am still waiting for someone other then MB members to confirm or provide proof of an injury to Schaub. It simply hasn't happened. You can claim your superiority all you want, but in the end it means nothing because you can provide nothing that confirms your claim. I try to have facts before making statements, you choose another path.

Once again, it's up to others to decide who is really dealing w/ ignorance. Hopefully the pissing match is over as I will politely agree to disagree w/ you yet again & time will tell concerning Schaub.
Old 05-20-2013   #75
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
If you're not trolling, what are you doing? What is all that all of that ^^ GARBAGE.

And BTW, just to be a dick......... It's "reign"
Lol! You have succeeded w/ at least one portion of your statement. I let you guess which part. The other portion...not so much. I was quoting your buddy w/ "rein" & Im pretty sure he used the right word in the right context. Thanks...for nothing.

When you are offering an opinion on a topic...it's not always trolling simply because you don't agree with it. Not having the facts of all the conversations & ranting over nothing while providing nothing, similar to what you are doing, could be deemed "trolling" by some, but that's just my opinion.
Old 05-20-2013   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Lol! You have succeeded w/ at least one portion of your statement. I let you guess which part. The other portion...not so much. I was quoting your buddy w/ "rein" & Im pretty sure he used the right word in the right context. Thanks...for nothing.

When you are offering an opinion on a topic...it's not always trolling simply because you don't agree with it. Not having the facts of all the conversations & ranting over nothing while providing nothing, similar to what you are doing, could be deemed "trolling" by some, but that's just my opinion.
CAK, I accidentally busted you.. #Stanford

Quote:
I was quoting your buddy w/ "rein"
Quote:
When you are offering an opinion on a topic...it's not always trolling simply because you don't agree with it. Not having the facts of all the conversations & ranting over nothing while providing nothing, similar to what you are doing, could be deemed "trolling" by some, but that's just my opinion
IIRC you questioned Doc's credentials as a doctor, which is the only reason I responded.

*EDIT*

I forgot the obligatory "Lol!
Old 05-20-2013   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Damn you are thick. Say what you want opinion wise but fact is you are new here and you can't come in and credibly make sweeping generalizations on what people thought long before you joined and hence the background for the comments even since you have arrived. Having a doctor predict exactly what happens is not zero proof. Talking out your ass about a MB you weren't a member of and divining the intentions of people you don't know - that is zero proof.

Quote:
Dude - #Berkeley
Old 05-20-2013   #78
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:

IIRC you questioned Doc's credentials as a doctor, which is the only reason I responded.
I politely disagree. I have never doubted CnD is a doctor or stated such during these conversations. His credentials never came in to question from me. I simply doubted the injury theory that MANY have adopted yet have no proof of. That was all. Hopefully that clears that up & we too can politely agree to disagree.
Old 05-20-2013   #79
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Damn you are thick. Say what you want opinion wise but fact is you are new here and you can't come in and credibly make sweeping generalizations on what people thought long before you joined and hence the background for the comments even since you have arrived. Having a doctor predict exactly what happens is not zero proof. Talking out your ass about a MB you weren't a member of and divining the intentions of people you don't know - that is zero proof.
lol! I've heard that once or twice. I can live w/ that. I have a strange feeling though...that maybe you've heard the same as well. I will stand pat on my belief until something is reported & can be proven w/out doubt. It's just my nature to have facts. So I will continue to be "thick" on this & agree to disagree. Hopefully that is fair enough for you as you cannot expect all to agree & believe the same all of the time.
Old 05-21-2013   #80
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol! I've heard that once or twice. I can live w/ that. I have a strange feeling though...that maybe you've heard the same as well. I will stand pat on my belief until something is reported & can be proven w/out doubt. It's just my nature to have facts. So I will continue to be "thick" on this & agree to disagree. Hopefully that is fair enough for you as you cannot expect all to agree & believe the same all of the time.
If you are awaiting some declaration from the Texans regarding Schaub's deteriorating health status in the last two months of the season, you await in vain. When it comes to revealing health matters the Texans - and they aren't alone in this philosophy - say as little as they can get away with. Even when guys have been withheld from play - Ben Tate comes to mind - Kubiak will merely say, "he's a little 'nicked up' or 'he's 'battling through some things'". Ben Tate's carries were waaay down from the year before, but how many times was he actually on the injury report?

Point is, you'll be waiting quite a while if you're waiting for the Texans to confess anything regarding an injury. And they aren't the only team who operates this way; Belichick is famous for being closed mouth about such things.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read