Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2013   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing's health

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I'll give you one more since you are so interested. What general area does Cush hang out at, where does he do those tweets from?
Of course I'm interested, that's why I spend time most every day over here. And on the subject of where Cushing hangs out, last I heard he had his house in a Houston suburb on the market with intentions of moving closer to Reliant so he could concentrate on his rehab/workouts, so it sounds like he might be living in that little municipality called Bellaire where several Texans have lived to be closer to Reliant ? As to where his tweets are from, I have no clue ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #22
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, it's just that I regret posting the pic. Even though the guy I know made the picture public on his Facebook business and personal page I just don't want people to start showing up over there and risk loosing a good friend. Nothing personal, hope you understand. I don't know how often he works out there just that the guy I know worked him out and said nothing negative which means he looked good. He is no dummy so I am sure he was paying attention to his knee and lateral mobility. It is not a regular gym like the one they would have at Reliant or a University. It is pretty bare bones and they do a lot of exercises that require you to move around, pull stuff, that sort of thing. For that reason I got excited when he posted and commented on Cush, pretty sure he got a really good look at his lateral mobility.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #23
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm sure his knee is progressing ahead of schedule. That assessment was already made. What concerns me is that he looks like he's at 235 lbs in late May. And if that's the impression I get from his upper body, then I'm more concerned about his lower body, which would have atrophied more due to the inactivity imposed by a knee injury. You can't do squats, lunges, or deadlifts on a knee that's not 100%, so he may not have done any leg strengthening work to this point.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #24
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Guy on the right is at least 250 and really really thick, think FB thick, so that may make Cush look smaller but he does look small in the chest. Also, he is not turned at an angle so I cant tell how thick he is but he I would estimate 240 to 245. Good point, especially about the legs. He needs to talk to Connor Barwin and Rick Smith needs to talk to Ted Thompson about Desmond Bishop because I doubt Sharpton will be ready.
Old 05-19-2013   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guy on the right is at least 250 and really really thick, think FB thick, so that may make Cush look smaller but he does look small in the chest. Also, he is not turned at an angle so I cant tell how thick he is but he I would estimate 240 to 245. Good point, especially about the legs. He needs to talk to Connor Barwin and Rick Smith needs to talk to Ted Thompson about Desmond Bishop because I doubt Sharpton will be ready.
Unless Cushing's wearing high heels, that guy on the Cushing's left is no more than 5'10" and nowhere close to 250 pounds. Flexing his left arm in posing for the camera gives you the impression that he is thick. The only thing that I can say about Cushing here is that he has undoubtedly lost significant muscle mass..............and that he is not "showing" yet if he is indeed pregnant again.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's with the pregnant references? Did I miss an episode of How the Cush Turns?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What's with the pregnant references? Did I miss an episode of How the Cush Turns?
Hcg which is what Cushing tested positive for is not a PED. It naturally appears in all people but it is typically elevated in pregnant women. Hence the jokes. It is also associated with steroid use to keep the marbles functioning/not shrinking.
Old 05-19-2013   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Hcg which is what Cushing tested positive for is not a PED. It naturally appears in all people but it is typically elevated in pregnant women. Hence the jokes. It is also associated with steroid use to keep the marbles functioning/not shrinking.
And it's also used by some people to minimize lean mass loss while dieting.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #29
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Unless Cushing's wearing high heels, that guy on the Cushing's left is no more than 5'10" and nowhere close to 250 pounds. Flexing his left arm in posing for the camera gives you the impression that he is thick. The only thing that I can say about Cushing here is that he has undoubtedly lost significant muscle mass..............and that he is not "showing" yet if he is indeed pregnant again.
You are going to have to trust me on this one doc. The guy on the right is around 250.
Old 06-05-2013   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Cush getting his size back? Or is it just the picture?

Looks good to me. No homo, of course

Old 06-06-2013   #31
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Needs to work on those biceps.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #32
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL I think people need to stop looking at random pics to try and figure out cushings weight. Im sure he isnt just laying around milking the injury to his wife like all of us would be.
Old 06-12-2013   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 06-14-2013   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Brian Cushing to be cleared from ACL injury July 17

Posted 3 hours ago

Nick Scurfield Email @NickScurfield

Linebacker Brian Cushing expects to be cleared to play by Dr. James Andrews on July 17, nine days before the start of Texans training camp on July 26.

The Texansí defensive captain and 2011 MVP has been rehabbing from a torn ACL in his left knee. He was injured on Oct. 8 at the New York Jets, ending his 2012 season after five games.

ďIíll be cleared July 17th,Ē Cushing said Friday at Reliant Stadium. ďIíll fly down to Pensacola and get cleared by Dr. Andrews, who was my surgeon for my knee. As far as camp goes, the first day, Iíll be out there; Iíll be in pads. As far as how much Iíll do in camp, Iím not sure yet, but I know I will definitely be doing a good amount of it, try to get a preseason game in for sure, just knock some of that rust off and be 100 percent come the first game.Ē

Cushing did not participate in OTAs and mini-camp, rehabbing with Texans trainers and injured teammates on a side field at the Methodist Training Center during the spring practices.

ďPersonally, I believe I probably couldíve done all that, but as we go further along and the time goes by, my knee is just getting healthier and healthier,Ē Cushing said. ďIíve been doing pretty much all the work that theyíve been doing and obviously, a little bit more considering the time Iíve been in and really the time I havenít had off. Iíve been squatting, running, cutting jumping. Thereís absolutely nothing I havenít done, which is good, and just reassures me that thereís no on-field situations that I havenít encountered already when I get back.Ē
...........except facing live bullets and hard contact. And he really won't get much of that during TC and preseason. Squatting, running, cutting, jumping are all good landmarks of rehab. But doing all that against strong resistance is a major jump that requires significantly more strength.......something that he will be trying to regain at least through the first half of the season. It is this most important final strengthening phase that will determine what his maximum performance return will be. And, of course, the stronger his supporting muscles, tendons and ligaments, the less risk his knee will be re-injured during various real game-time "trauma."

Go get'em Cushing..........smartly.
Old 06-14-2013   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...........except facing live bullets and hard contact. And he really won't get much of that during TC and preseason. Squatting, running, cutting, jumping are all good landmarks of rehab. But doing all that against strong resistance is a major jump that requires significantly more strength.......something that he will be trying to regain at least through the first half of the season. It is this most important final strengthening phase that will determine what his maximum performance return will be. And, of course, the stronger his supporting muscles, tendons and ligaments, the less risk his knee will be re-injured during various real game-time "trauma."

Another player to put a check mark by as being ready for season.
Old 06-14-2013   #36
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm drunk on kool aid so all I saw in that post was "Go get'em".
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #37
JPPT1974
Pink Awareness

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be a month and two days when he will be cleared from injury!
Old 06-15-2013   #38
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there any significance to those black sleeves he has on his legs? I noticed he was wearing on at the JJ Watt softball game.
robroy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Is there any significance to those black sleeves he has on his legs? I noticed he was wearing on at the JJ Watt softball game.

I haven't seen pictures of Cushing wearing such sleeves. But if these sleeves at least run up to the lower thigh and down to the upper calf, they serve as supportive garments that trap body heat and store it in the fabric so itís concentrated on the injured area. They are also compressive to help with swelling and joint/muscle fatigue and protection during rehab and sports training.
Old 06-16-2013   #40
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Cushing's health

Quote:
I have some good news. A friend of mine has a gym and was working out with Cushing and my friend indicated nothing negative and was very positive so this is a good thing. I don't trust the Texans medical staff so I was happy to see this.

[IMG][/IMG]
I trust Cushing...what he had to say the other day on Video......
He will be ready and chomping at the bit to lay the smack down......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read