Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Looking Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I think you are shortchanging Seattle quite a bit.
How am I shortchanging Seattle? All I said, was when was the last time they had back to back success?

When was the last time Pete Caroll had back to back success in the NFL?

I'm not saying & did not say that Seattle is crap. I said we don't know. They looked good last year. Carolina looked good two years ago. Not so good in 2012.
Old 05-18-2013   #42
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How am I shortchanging Seattle? All I said, was when was the last time they had back to back success?

When was the last time Pete Caroll had back to back success in the NFL?

I'm not saying & did not say that Seattle is crap. I said we don't know. They looked good last year. Carolina looked good two years ago. Not so good in 2012.
They were 6-10 two years ago. And then 7-9 last year.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
They were 6-10 two years ago. And then 7-9 last year.
:eggonface:

Maybe I should have said Detroit, or Oakland, or Arizona each team showing promise one year, with a dynamic new QB and/or new head coach only to fall back to their norm.

Few teams manage to perform at a high level year in & year out. With two solid years behind us hopefully the Texans will be & continue to be one of the few.
Old 05-19-2013   #44
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
:eggonface:

Maybe I should have said Detroit, or Oakland, or Arizona each team showing promise one year, with a dynamic new QB and/or new head coach only to fall back to their norm.

Few teams manage to perform at a high level year in & year out. With two solid years behind us hopefully the Texans will be & continue to be one of the few.
Oakland hasn't had a winning record since 2002...

The thing about Seattle is, you have to look at the whole team. With Detroit, Stafford threw for over 5K in 2011, but their defense was bad. In 2012, again their defense was bad and solely relied on passing, much like they did in 2011. Well, it wasn't gonna work two years in a row, Stafford isn't that good. So they fell back quite a ways, mainly due to that, although they lost a number of very close games.

But Seattle has had a good defense since 2010, just no QB. In 2011 they went 8-8 with freakin' Tavaris Jackson. All they needed was a quarterback and they got one in Wilson and they went 11-5. Wilson is for real, so as long as they maintain the D, they'll post good records.

And just the opposite can happen, take the Jets. Fantastic D, great running game got them to the AFCCG two years in a row, with a subpar QB. Both of those went away in 2011, they went 8-8, and then in 2012 (deteriorated further) and they bottomed out at 6-10.

The Chiefs can be referenced, too. They have a good team there, but Cassel was just bad. 2010 went 10-6 with great D and running game, and a gutsy coach. 2011 QB play diminished, D suffered, went 6-10. Further into the QB abyss in 2012, along with injuries, and they go 2-14. The patterns are all there.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read